The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 192 of 315 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 6295

So, in other news, what brought the NWHA National to the Calsonic this year?

It's been in TN for years. Then last year was a huge "GOODBYE and KISS IT" to the entire state of TN and it moved to Ohio. Where it was going to stay.

What has happened in NWHA-land to have them holding their year-end (The National) show- at The Calsonic?

It sure did get quiet in here.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    It sure did get quiet in here.
    Its actually been pretty quiet, I imagine that will change in march when the new bill is introduced.
    As to your question I don't know. Bit odd, just says on their website due to popular demand.
    Drop an email to them if you are really interested! http://www.thenwhanational.com/
    Last edited by Thoro; Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: add link
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

So, in other news, what brought the NWHA National to the Calsonic this year?

It's been in TN for years. Then last year was a huge "GOODBYE and KISS IT" to the entire state of TN and it moved to Ohio. Where it was going to stay.

What has happened in NWHA-land to have them holding their year-end (The National) show- at The Calsonic?
    I know a lot of people in NWHA. There is not conspiracy here: the reason was TRULY what they said--the popularity of the location. Plus it was much cheaper than other places they were looking at.
    Andrea, For the Tennessee Walking Horse
    www.forthetwh.com

1 members found this post helpful.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a lot of the membership didnt want to travel as far as Ohio.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

It has been quiet but there is a lot of scurrying and strategizing going on with the BL powers that be. Also there is an sale at the Calsonic coming up.

http://www.thesaleofchampionsonline.com/
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

All of the
    big players are at the drawing boards,trying to figure out which senator they can buy to stop HR6388 from passing. the David Howards and Dr.Mullins still want the BL sore or not to make money on.
    its going to really hurt their bottom line,now if they switch and go with the NWHA,this would be a BIG BLACK EYE for the BIG LICK folks.

this new pc (laptop)sure is fun to get the hang of.be with patient with me.also windows 8

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FortheTWH View Post
    I know a lot of people in NWHA. There is not conspiracy here: the reason was TRULY what they said--the popularity of the location. Plus it was much cheaper than other places they were looking at.
    Who owns The Calsonic?

its who runs it and that's the big question,part is run by the city of Shelbyville or was in 2012.

as long as the owners get their $$$$ they are not worried about the shows.is my guess.

Who runs it?

if you call the register of deeds in Bedford County they may be able to tell you or go to Calsonic Arena .com ormaybe you can call Tim Boyle 931-684-5915 exit 151.

Hope this helps you in your quest.

to answer one of your queries the Industrial Development Board of Shelbyville ran part of it in 2012.

so I have been told.

Perhaps someone already knows the answer, save me a long distance call?

News

the alphabet soup of the TWH world has a up and coming new member,are you ready for this hope you are not holding your breath.

its PHA = Performance Horse Assoc. all of the 13 member board are from the other alphabet groups ie TWHSO.

Now the question is how are they going to muddy the water.they have to hurryif they want to stop HR6388

Perhaps someone already knows the answer, save me a long distance call?
    As far as I understand, the Calsonic is owned by the City of Shelbyville. At least that's what I've been told.
    www.forthetwh.com

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    News

the alphabet soup of the TWH world has a up and coming new member,are you ready for this hope you are not holding your breath.

its PHA = Performance Horse Assoc. all of the 13 member board are from the other alphabet groups ie TWHSO.

Now the question is how are they going to muddy the water.they have to hurryif they want to stop HR6388
    Well, the four HIOs that are making the PHA are the four HIOs who have received decertification letters from the USDA.

But here's the thing: as far as I understand, the USDA is no longer accepting new HIOs. I don't see how they're going to get away with this.
    www.forthetwh.com

So good to see you again aarpaso. I want this to be in your lifetime and mine. Had me worried, you did!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Thanks hurleycane

I have a question,if you showed in performance classes @ the Celebration in 2012,can ya go to the March TWHBEA PHA meeting?

maybe NOT!

gonna be trouble folks it ain't over.

Now this is really worth watching,a great video very very informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJFD2...e_gdata_player

Agreed, aarpaso. I wish that I had been invited and able to ask questions!

Two questions that posters here might be able to answer:

1. Why are flat shod horses banded?

2. The presenter talks about the proposed legislation outlawing 6 of the eight divisions. Is that a fair assessment or are 6 of the divisions going to have certain action devices outlawed: the divisions may continue?

Not a TWH person myself, but I would suggest that if the participants at that clinic can be identified a few TWH owners who agree with the proposed legislation send them a letter giving the facts as they know them to be. Just a thought.
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

correct me if im wrong folks.

but its my understanding the bands are on the flat shod due to the length of the toe.if the weight of the shoe is great the hoof can and does break off at that band in some cases,these are called action devices.

only those folks that do not use pads and or action devices will show is my guess.
    this whole video is just another way for TWHNC to try and get folks to back them.