The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 123 of 315 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 6295

I just took a couple minutes and looked up some of Cash For Keeps present and former owners and trainers. Seems there were a few HPA violation among them. Hope he has landed in a softer place. Flashy looking bugger isnt he ? His 2000 WGC video was sad. Standing all under himself at the rail, whites of his eyes showing, blowing hard, etc. Blech.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Here is the USDA suspension report for the year 2011.

http://acissearch.aphis.usda.gov/HPA...1-2011&hio=ALL

I assume suspension did not automatically translate to fines?
    Looks like it's been a family affair for many. For some reason that disgusts me almost as much as the soring itself. Human's have been such a disappointment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gringo View Post
    I just came across this article and found it to be interesting. It seems that back in 2006 they took the 2000 WGC padded horse Cash for keeps and brought him back showing him in the light shod pleasure division. As you can see from the pics in the article he was still doing a bunch without pads or chains and just a light shoe. I've often wondered what would happen if someone tried this and now I've found the answer.

http://www.twhbea.com/voice/features/cashforkeeps.htm
    Blow those two photos up, take a close look at them, and then compare and contrast them. It's an interesting drill.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Interesting that both pics caught him at about the same place in his stride. I put the pics side by side than moved the right side over until it bumped his chest so you could not see the front left legs. There was not much difference ! In the BL photo his neck was maybe a titch higher. Zeroing in on the shellshocked expression on his face was similar in both. Reins held higher in BL. Bit change. Lots of wavy hair on the legs in the Plantation - wonder what theyve been using to keep the legs tight. Besides that i gotta say - the biggest difference is in how high he is lifting his legs. Did i miss anything ? More women in the plantation audience ? lol And i couldnt find Waldo. Come on what do you see ?
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

The feet have been altered.

Yes ! Right rear in the BL looks like it is on sideways. Plantation just looks fake and shortened. Good observation !

The photo was photoshopped?

if the photo was worked on (so to speak)what is the tru way of going for that horse.

i guess Lickers will do most anything to get excepted by the EQUINE WORLD,and YES i'm shouting again.

i do not believe that the Equine World likes the Big Lick.

I just wish the local horse folks would get a spine and say "Not in my backyard." THAT would send them totally underground to be picked off by the Feds.

The ASB, Morgan and Arabian people have been strangely quiet over this whole thing. I really wonder why.

answer your last question for yourself.
    and i do think you know that answer just as i do.

but we are talking about the TWH so lets try and stay on topic.

keeping the focus on the Big Lick,wanting to know what happen to ironworks tin man,is the question? what will happen to Jackie McConnell? will this hopefully change/END big lick?

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    I just wish the local horse folks would get a spine and say "Not in my backyard." THAT would send them totally underground to be picked off by the Feds.

The ASB, Morgan and Arabian people have been strangely quiet over this whole thing. I really wonder why.
    Most of the people I know don't do forums and they don't know anything about the Big Lick. Most have never seen it or if they have it was a long time ago.

Mary

Wish you would quit trying to drag the other breeds into the soring issue. Soring DOES NOT WORK in the above breeds . Period.

Now...back to TWH

Sunridge1---------what do you expect us Arabian/Saddlebred folks to do? I've posted on here about the TWH situation. The Arabian/Saddlebred folks do not have a dog in this fight so what do you expect from us? We are not out here soring horses so we have no worry as far as that goes. I do not understand your comment.

Thks Fairfax!

Well for one they are horse owners so they do have a dog in this fight. Pretending that what happens to one group is singular and only affects them is foolhardy.

And since ASB's get tossed in with BL all the time, I would think the Assc.in fact all Assc. could at the very least make a statement condemning the practice. IOW put the pressure on.

I know...my world is different than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Most of the people I know don't do forums and they don't know anything about the Big Lick. Most have never seen it or if they have it was a long time ago.

Mary

Wish you would quit trying to drag the other breeds into the soring issue. Soring DOES NOT WORK in the above breeds . Period.

Now...back to TWH
    That is a pot kettle statement coming from you. And someone would have to "prove" to me that it doesn't work at least in the short term (I'm not talking about leg soring) before so boldly believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Well for one they are horse owners so they do have a dog in this fight. Pretending that what happens to one group is singular and only affects them is foolhardy.

And since ASB's get tossed in with BL all the time, I would think the Assc.in fact all Assc. could at the very least make a statement condemning the practice. IOW put the pressure on.

I know...my world is different than most.
    The "action" devices and "tail" modifications are under fire for all breeds.

Specially saddleseat and WP.

Foolhardy is a good term.

Specially if they feel TWH is not kin in this.

But this too has been beat to death.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Sunridge1 just doesn't get ths subject,its not other breeds problem,its the TWH's problem,and if we (other breeds) keep our mouths shut,than NO one will look at what we do. so we can talk among ourselves but not in public,

if all breeds and all disciplines had spoke up 25/30 yrs ago the BL would not be as it is today,JMO

Are you kidding ? sunridge totally gets the total picture. The other breeds mentioned use action devices. They may be staying back not trying to be conspicuous and saying Not in my barnyard but many breeds will be affected if changes are mandated. Maybe it would be best for them to step forward, back the sound TWH folks and decry Big Lick and get this mess over with.

But yes, some support many years ago would have been helpful.

Yeah I'm a total picture kinda gal. I find that most people are not, much to my dismay. •sigh•

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post

Mary

Now...back to TWH
    I am afraid that your info is incorrect.