The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 118 of 315 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 6295

I'm sorry but I just don't see where there is ANY. defense of "the padded horse."
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by cordial View Post
    Yes, I have to agree with you...finding each other preposterous, but you my friend ,who thinks you know so much about BL's, are incorrect on so many levels.
    But trying to agrue in the defense of the padded horse is like trying to reason with a room full of people with memory loss. Have a nice day!
    Well i guess you told me ! And dont refer to me as a friend please. I own a gaited runwalking horse and know enough about horses in general to recognize crazy when i see it. So what if i am not in on all the intricacies of BL. See no need to sell my soul to get sooooooooo "educated". And our memories are long - many in this thread have been against BL for decades.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    Well i guess you told me ! And dont refer to me as a friend please. I own a gaited runwalking horse and know enough about horses in general to recognize crazy when i see it. So what if i am not in on all the intricacies of BL. See no need to sell my soul to get sooooooooo "educated". And our memories are long - many in this thread have been against BL for decades.
    Well, my un-friend, how do you explain to me about the the harm that the "stacks" do to a padded horse, when we own a soon to be 22 year old padded horses still going strong and still in the show ring. My memory is long also, and I have NEVER disagreed that there are trainers that do vile stuff to some padded horses (and all trainers of ALL breeds, for that matter), but to paint all padded horses and owners with the same brush is unfair and unrealistic, but you will never agree to that, so lets just agree to disagree, and leave it at that. Have a nice day!

The base of the Soring issue begins with the Stacks and chains.with out stacks and pkages there would be NO need to sore.if the so called performance class was gone along with the WGC as its know today.Soring would be Gone.

*shakes head* at cordial
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Well, my un-friend, how do you explain to me about the the harm that the "stacks" do to a padded horse, when we own a soon to be 22 year old padded horses still going strong and still in the show ring. My memory is long also, and I have NEVER disagreed that there are trainers that do vile stuff to some padded horses (and all trainers of ALL breeds, for that matter), but to paint all padded horses and owners with the same brush is unfair and unrealistic, but you will never agree to that, so lets just agree to disagree, and leave it at that. Have a nice day!
    I agree with you regarding the pads. They extend the useage life of many horses that would otherwise be disposed of...theraputic pads and corrective pads do not cause soreness, infact the are a remedy for it.

Having shown Arabs and Saddlebreds and some with or without pads...I have never noticed a difference.

I have a 19 year old mare here (ASB) who was shown extensively with pads and she has never had a lame day in her life. Pads did assist my stallion who "acquired" problems when shown as a two year old...

We must be careful that we do not become so feverant that we remove training or theraputic tools from the hands of everyone.

Come on Fairfax you have watched and contributed to this thread long enough to know we are not talking about just pads. You know we are referring to STACKS of pads. When cordial says "padded" in reference to her/his performance horse you know darn well she/he is talking stacks. You know this discussion is not about therapeutic or corrective pads. Nor is it even about pads of a reasonable height. No need to muddy up the issue.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

there is a big d--- difference between a pad placed on the hoof for therapeutic reasons ordered by a Vet or a Farrier[B]than some half wit trainer that just wants big money and that wgc,or a owner that hires that half wit trainer and does not check on what is going on with the horse,or they just don't give a D---.

either way STACKS and PKAGEs chemicals
    chains thats what is going to be STOPPED.not the use of a pad for therapeutic reason.

Come on Fairfax you have watched and contributed to this thread long enough to know we are not talking about just pads. You know we are referring to STACKS of pads. When cordial says "padded" in reference to her/his performance horse you know darn well she/he is talking stacks. You know this discussion is not about therapeutic or corrective pads. Nor is it even about pads of a reasonable height. No need to muddy up the issue.
    We call them padded-up performance horses...the word stacks is just a word that big-lick bashers use to create a negative image.

I dont care what you call them - call them elevator shoes if ya want. And who creates the negative image ?

Sooooo tiresome FF. Please show us pictures of the "pads" on your personal horses - or measure how high they are. Then let's compare to a stacked TWH. Or better yet, if you want to demonstrate how therapeutic or how useful they are for training, how about you stack some on one of your trotters and give us an essay on how enhanced their movement is.

Such baloney.

What the stacking folks do is the equivalent if riding a horse with a patent bar shoe. Only THAT shoe is actually therapeutic and its place for a stall REST only.

No matter how you try and couch it, your beloved weighted and padded shoes are not therapeutic nor are they for training. They are simply to change the arch of travel of the foot. Take those heavy shoes off and bye bye big whomping foot waving trot.

WHY do they lose the big trot with the loss of the shoe you ask???

Cause they have no real training behind it!

So take training and therapy out of your knee jerk defensive reasons to allow TWH to stack their horses. Better yet, just ask your saddlebred kin why they did not walk on down that same path the TWH did and bastardize the ASB Arab gait further with more and more stacks.

Cause they found the result ugly.

Ugly got past the TWH folks.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

I dont care what you call them - call them elevator shoes if ya want. And who creates the negative image ?
    Creates???? Really?? Most folks just see the stacked horse move and get repulsed by it. No one has to put a spin on it at all.

We call them padded-up performance horses...the word stacks is just a word that big-lick bashers use to create a negative image.
    "Padded" is such a soft word, brings to mind comfort, softness, cushiony. It means to many the little piece of leather a farrier puts under the shoe. It is deceptive and just plain misleading way of describing stacks. Your "padded up performance" is just a way that BL supporters create a positive image.

Not me, my unfriend, not me. As much as you would like to call me as abuser...you are wrong.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
    "Padded" is such a soft word, brings to mind comfort, softness, cushiony. It means to many the little piece of leather a farrier puts under the shoe. It is deceptive and just plain misleading way of describing stacks. Your "padded up performance" is just a way that BL supporters create a positive image.
    We have had TWH's for many year (we have pleasure horses also), and the ONLY time I have ever heard the word Stacks is on this thread of Big Lick bashers. Go figure!

We have had TWH's for many year (we have pleasure horses also), and the ONLY time I have ever heard the word Stacks is on this thread of Big Lick bashers. Go figure!
    Really ? Click on this article and see what the AAEP and AVMA calls them.

http://www.aaep.org/press_room.php?term=2012&id=487

What would you call a pile of individual pads? If you can have a stack of pancakes or a stack of newspapers then why not a "stack of pads?" What's negative about using the shorthand word "stacks?"

The term "stacks" was used in the DQP course I attended years ago. It's routine terminology.

Perhaps you should worry more about substance and less about image.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Of course I know the difference however when one posts and refers to stacks AND pads...it sounds unrelated.

For ten yrs i took care of harness horses. They got hot shod or reset every 3 weeks. I would stay with them the hour it took to reset or reshoe them. So a horse would go to the blacksmith shop say 17 times a yr or 170 times in ten yrs. I usually took care of 2 sometimes 3 horses so i spent between 340 and 510 hours watching masters at the forge work on my horses.

Shoeing had to be precise, toes and angles measured. An ounce, a degree,toe length, tipping all influenced how that horse would move and whether or not he would interfere. Any shoeing changes that were made were subtle. Some horses wore full pads or rim pads. I saw all sorts of shoes made or modified. Some made from scratch from bar stock. If a horse wasnt travelling quite right, the trainer and farrier conferred and made a slight change. Again - a subtle change. If the next couple weeks showed it was a good change then that would be the new shoeing protocol. If it didnt, it was back to the drawing board.

Nothing i saw or learned prepared me for the horror show of the big lick "shoeing job". It is inconceivable to me that anyone could justify doing that to a horse.

It has long been the job of the elite of the TWH to try and sell to the public this grotesque performance of the walking horse.this way of SHOWING is the REASON (IMO) that many if not all of these horses are sored in some way.either by stacks of pads or mustard oil concoctions ect:along with chains.if this type of class was dropped than the need to have these things done would END. and an era of clean beautiful natural gaited walking horses would become the TWH of TN.