The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 112 of 315 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 6295

sometimes being a burr under someones skin or an itch they can not scratch is the best way to get at the TRUTH.

John 8:32, is now for the Creators beautiful Walking Horse.

the battle is not over,but the dirty evil of soring is truly now in the light,all the yrs that thwbea ignored this unspeakable practice is now out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    katarine - Not saying there arent ethical, knowledgable, circumspect DQPs who wont be paid off. How often do they get hired? Hmmm? Pretty common knowledge that many can be directed who to pass or ticket. And those are the ones that aarpaso was referencing. Why defend someone who is not a current DQP ? And why did G not complete the program or stay with the program ? I bet he will say because it was corrupt and most likely not a real safe occupation for an honest DQP.
    Excellent points, so true!

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    sometimes being a burr under someones skin or an itch they can not scratch is the best way to get at the TRUTH.

John 8:32, is now for the Creators beautiful Walking Horse.

the battle is not over,but the dirty evil of soring is truly now in the light,all the yrs that thwbea ignored this unspeakable practice is now out in the open.
    True. The Lickers and their bought and paid for DQP's doth protest too much. Old saying here in the South comes to mind, "A kicked dog always hollers!" They are hollering to beat the band!!!!!!!!

We are all doing what we can do from the sidelines. Good on you for what you have done, Guilherme. No sense dissing others who are doing what they can do from whatever location they are at. Us sideliners are making calls, emailing and writing those who may influence the outcome. Insulting good folks and telling them they dont know beans about HPA and DQP is not productive at all. What do you want ? You want us to get down on our knees and genuflect because you went thru DQP training and know more details than we do ? Ok then thank you for your efforts ! But this nitpicking and infighting will help stop soring how ?
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

picture this 09 entry # on the back is a little GREEN DOT.pray tell why would some have a little GREEN DOT and others NOT,well it was a way for the pre inspectors to signal the DQP to pass that entry.untill someone caught on to the country clubs little game and got their own little green dots.

could this still be going on new signals,maybe.

you would have to ask the players.

BEANS to you !

Ask NWHA about how to manage a DQP program. You'll find tampering and some embarrassing data from their version of the Celebration in 2011. And those are not padded horses.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    We are all doing what we can do from the sidelines. Good on you for what you have done, Guilherme. No sense dissing others who are doing what they can do from whatever location they are at. Us sideliners are making calls, emailing and writing those who may influence the outcome. Insulting good folks and telling them they dont know beans about HPA and DQP is not productive at all. What do you want ? You want us to get down on our knees and genuflect because you went thru DQP training and know more details than we do ? Ok then thank you for your efforts ! But this nitpicking and infighting will help stop soring how ?
    Well, I'm not a "disser." I'm "dissee." I'm a big kid and I don't mind too much 'cause I always "consider the source." But sometimes it's worthwhile to push back after you get shoved a few times.

I'm not "dissing" anyone when I make comments about their knowledge of the laws governing this process (or the process itself) when it is clear from the written word that the poster doesn't know what they are talking about.

You don't get very far in dealing with people who have the power to say "yes" and the power to say "no" by loud clamor alone. This I have learned here and in other places. So learn the facts about the process; master the law involved; and then you can put some iron into your letters and emails. Fail to do that and all you're doing is creating more shredded paper for the landfill.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Well, I'm not a "disser." I'm "dissee." I'm a big kid and I don't mind too much 'cause I always "consider the source." But sometimes it's worthwhile to push back after you get shoved a few times.

I'm not "dissing" anyone when I make comments about their knowledge of the laws governing this process (or the process itself) when it is clear from the written word that the poster doesn't know what they are talking about.

You don't get very far in dealing with people who have the power to say "yes" and the power to say "no" by loud clamor alone. This I have learned here and in other places. So learn the facts about the process; master the law involved; and then you can put some iron into your letters and emails. Fail to do that and all you're doing is creating more shredded paper for the landfill.

G.
    "Loud clamor" has exposed the abuse of the TWH, more so than in 50 yrs. Public outcry speaks for itself. As for "mastering the law" , no one on this board is that advanced in interpreting the law. Thankfully, there are attorneys involved in the sound horse movement who can do that quite effectively. Many people behind the scenes with multiple talents no one even knows about. We don't have to be experts, just know people who are.

Interview with Barney Davis, convicted horse trainer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZTIbwaibOE
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

THANK YOU bird4416

everyone should listen to this interview.

Romans 8:32 for the Walking horse

if there is the smallest chance that what B. Davis has said in this interview is true. what do we do about it?

KEEP up the loud clamer

Somebody is listening people

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Ask NWHA about how to manage a DQP program. You'll find tampering and some embarrassing data from their version of the Celebration in 2011. And those are not padded horses.
    In this comment I think what is referred to is there was a finger pointing at NWHA for "closer exam" of those that showed NWHA but also housed and trained stacked horses or horses with bands etc. There was no implication per se of NWHA folks trying to payoff DQP to get a sored horse by.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Add me to the loud clamor club. Self important folks full of righteous condemnation somehow did not get it done.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    In this comment I think what is referred to is there was a finger pointing at NWHA for "closer exam" of those that showed NWHA but also housed and trained stacked horses or horses with bands etc. There was no implication per se of NWHA folks trying to payoff DQP to get a sored horse by.
    So it's ok to scrutinize some harder than others?

I thought all sins were created equal?

Yes.

Interesting, Mr. Barney Davis from the video there was convicted by our Judge Mattice Good to see His Honor is already familiar with the issue.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1820356.html

With the apparent collapse of Celebration I am very interested in hearing what the number of entries are at Nashville.

I hope the flat shod supporters come out in huge numbers...

Out west, the average number in a class is 1 or 2 and they are slowly dropped from show opportunities. I would hate to see the TWH relegated to a back yard novelty

I found it interesting that Barney Davis said that even the flat walkers are sored.

The flatshod dont show in stacks and chains so some trainers get "creative" with pressure shoeing techniques. No chemicals, but lots of pain.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.