The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 110 of 315 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 6299

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    The heat is on as they say.

Everybody better get vocal and get writing.
    Yeah, lotsa homework here, but I'll get it done. All keep posting info!

Rbow the letter is on Gov. letterhead,its very strong and what is meant can not be mistaken.

seems the Slime folks are really worried. well i say lets give them something to worry about.

there are enough pictures of sored abused TWH,to paper the walls of Hal Rogers Office. lets send him some. along with every name on the list.
    oh and maybe he needs to read a copy of the HPA.

Is this another marketing tactic from Purple Strategies? TWHSHO and SHOW—the self proclaimed industry reform leaders. SHOW—the HIO that refused to adopt the mandatory penalties—is now going to be a self proclaimed expert on HPA enforcement and educate the reporters? SHOW—the HIO who is suing the USDA? Will someone please put an END to this utter nonsense? TWSHO Will Hold Press Conference to Educate the Media and Public on Most Subjective Part of Horse Inspection Process;
    Will Highlight Two HPA Compliant Horses Unfairly Disqualified by USDA at CelebrationSHELBYVILLE, TN – TWSHO will hold a press conference to educate reporters on the most subjective part of the horse inspection process. A group of independent veterinarians and the President of SHOW HIO will also be present to illustrate how the “scar rule” is being improperly administered by the USDA to turn down sound and HPA compliant horses. They will examine two horses that were unfairly cited for the scar rule and disqualified. Please contact Jennifer Baker at jencoxe@gmail.com for media credentials and parking passes.WHAT: Press conference on the scar rule, the most subjective part of the horse inspection process and an illustration using two horses as examples as to how the scar rule is being improperly used by the USDA to turn down sound and HPA compliant horses.WHEN: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 1:15pm CTWHERE: Celebration GroundsCalsonic Arena
    721 Whitthorne Street
    Shelbyville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    IMO, the foot was a club - not a founder. The "sagging" of P3 and prolapse into the sole was a result of the misguided resection. IOW he had lamellar attachment, unlike a founder, until the farrier removed it with the resection(he took too much) and then the sole dropped. The proof is in the rings that came after the resection.

I am sure the horse was down with colic.

Just my O.
    The only radiograph showing the P3 had dropped was BEFORE the re-section. I agree on the colic. A ton of trauma going on for the old guy.

Believe me when I say it takes an entire year to rehab a stalled and padded horses hoof. (Not a TWH but an ASB). I watched my own raised colt feet go from beautiful to crap in a mere 8 months. All four had thrush. They were soft on their way to dishing. Many of these horses CANNOT be shown without pads because their feet ARE crap mostly because of the lack of using them, reducing blood flow to the hoof. Use of cobra venom comes to mind as the fix.

Horsekeeping 101, they MUST move. 1,000,000 years of evolution hasn't changed. They are built to move and humans think it's unnecessary.

SHOW press conference video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfo9ritDM-U

the bottom line is YOU can not compromise with EVIL,the AVMA AAEP have stepped up to say that THOSE HUGH STACKS on that TWH are harmful.

Those men boohooing about a ruling,is just another way form them to throw crap at other inspectors.

SHOW INC can not be trusted period.nor can Dr.Mullins,they covered up the horrible abuse of this breed of horse for some 20 plus yrs.

YOU can not compromise with EVIL.

who are the DQP,who are they related to, who owns them?

I still say we need to use independant inspectors from another region not KY not TN not ALA not Miss, NOt TX. say u of ca DAVIS,a real Lab real VET Techs.

Not school bus drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    the bottom line is YOU can not compromise with EVIL,the AVMA AAEP have stepped up to say that THOSE HUGH STACKS on that TWH are harmful.

Those men boohooing about a ruling,is just another way form them to throw crap at other inspectors.

SHOW INC can not be trusted period.nor can Dr.Mullins,they covered up the horrible abuse of this breed of horse for some 20 plus yrs.

I still say we need to use independant inspectors from another region not KY not TN not ALA not Miss, NOt TX. say u of ca DAVIS,a real Lab real VET Techs.

Not school bus drivers.
    I find this offensive. I've done the DQP training. I'm not a "school bus driver" (and I don't know why you think they are incompetent boobys). You don't have to a vet. tech. or a DVM to detect a sored horse. You just have to be intelligent and willing to learn the signs.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post

Not school bus drivers.
    All good points, all true.

I can't believe these guys can make statements about looking out for the "welfare" of their horses when they continue to see nothing wrong with what they do to these spectacular animals' feet and natural way of moving. I wish they could step back and take a reality check.

still need to remember that Jackie the Jerk isn't the only Big Lick trainer that been taken to court,there is ole B.Davis now that boy can sing and i don't mean love songs. than you got P.Blkburn of Shelbyville and he knows who plays in the card game of Tn walking Horse abuse, along with C. Altman also of Shelbyville.

now these are the ones that scare the Show Inc gang the most,along with these trainers you have grooms and barn hands that 10k could really help.

they (Shelbyville Slime have to keep throwing dirt and mudding the water to keep the HEAT off them.

also the city of Shelbyville needs to worry,forget the $$$$,what about the fact that IDB of Shelbyville(industrial Development Board)has knowingly leased grounds that house abused horses and HPA violators.

This is not over. and those who are trying so desperately to cover-up the crap know its only a matter of time.

And what about J.McConnell if you think for one second he's going to keep his mouth shut you don't know a thing he will get even maybe not this yr maybe not next,but you can bet that havin his name removed from the WALL of SHAME,cut deep. the big players in the SORING card game have not heard the last of Jackie.

I have heard through the grapevine that Jackie's probation (State and/or Federal) will be conditional on his naming names.

http://www.tennessean.com/comments/a...ff-intensifies

a quote from that article:

USDA inspectors issued five times as many citations in the first six days of this year’s Celebration as in all 11 days of last year’s, said Dr. Stephen Mullins, president of the local inspection group SHOW.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

well G JMO

i don't believe the Grapevine is that far off. with ole Jackie's yrs in the industry, he can rat out everyone in the TWHSHO along with SHOW INC and PRIDE. not to mention the WHTA .he can tell ya every name of the horses on the wall of shame with WGC that won SORED. and who did the soring.

YOU bet your sweet Ass that Dr.Mullins and his SHOW INC are worried.

if DAVIS doesn't give out all the names,Jackie sure could.as time runs on and 10 Sept gets near,Jackie is going to be thinking,names and probation or JAIL.

What would you do?

The slime is getting edgy about the eight tipline calls.

http://www.thehorse.com/viewarticle.aspx?ID=20555

Walking Horse Group wants HSUS Soring Tipline Data

by: Pat Raia
    August 29 2012, Article # 20555

A Tennessee Walking Horse industry organization has asked the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) to disclose information obtained from a tipline intended to gather information about Horse Protection Act (HPA) violators. The HPA forbids "soring," the deliberate injury to a horse's feet and legs to achieve an exaggerated, so-called "big lick" gait.

Earlier this month, the HSUS installed a billboard advertising a national tipline and the possibility of a $10,000 cash reward to those who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of HPA violators at the annual Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration (taking place now through Sept. 1) and elsewhere. The Celebration, which is held in Shelbyville, Tenn., is the Tennessee Walking Horse industry's premier annual event. The HSUS-sponsored billboard, located across the street from the Celebration's venue, has generated eight calls from tipsters since Aug. 17, said HSUS Chief Executive Officer Wayne Pacelle

On Aug. 27 the Tennessee Walking Show Horse Organization (TWSHO) demanded that the HSUS release hotline reports. In a written statement, TWSHO spokeswoman Jane Lynch Crain said the group wanted the information in order to submit it to law enforcement authorities.

"If the HSUS is committed to ending horse abuse as they claim, then they should stop it immediately," Crain's statement said. "I implore the HSUS to turn over the reports to the Celebration immediately so that they can investigate and, if needed, keep soring trainers out of the ring."

In his written statement, Pacelle said that HSUS routinely shares HPA violation information gleaned from tiplines and other sources with appropriate law enforcement authorities. Information obtained from the eight tipline calls are already under agency investigators' review, he said.

"When the HSUS gets evidence of horse abuse through our tipline or other sources, you had better believe we'll act on it," Pacelle's statement said. "Industry leaders should adopt our same zero-tolerance approach to illegal soring."
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

According to the TWHSO mission statement as seen at http://twsho.com/about/mission/ :Tennessee Walking Show Horse Organization (TWSHO) was created by a group of concerned individuals committed to reforming the walking show horse industry to protect the wellbeing of walking horses, while maintaining the integrity of the sport. We are an inclusive organization, not exclusive based on past history and not owned by Celebration, TWHBEA, WHOA, WHTA, or any HIO.

Well then, why would Crain in her letter ask the tipline info be turned over to Celebration and not TWSHO. Let me see, i guess she forgot what alpahbet soup group she was representing. LOL

if this is the case the 8 names are or should already be in the HANDS of the Attorney General Offfice of the State of Tennessee.not anyone of the alpahbet soup gang.

this now falls under STATE and Federal LAW. not the CELEBRATION, SHOW INC.

so its not in the hands of the Shelbyville Slime