The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 100 of 315 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 6295

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    let me see, the end of SORING is going to cause all of us to give-up our RIGHT to own a HORSE.What PLANET do you live on or in.

The USET,the AQHA the ASB all the breed reg,would be up in ARMS over anything within a nats eyebrow of what you think is going to happen.

why are you all trying to spread that crap anyway. this is about the pain and suffering of the Walking Horse,and about those who think they are above the LAW.NOT the long term agenda of HSUS.

I don't drink Canadian KOOL-AID jones
    The statement was OTHERS had done nothing. I was stating most of them didn't even know about Big Lick. The fact the TWH groups were unable to "cure" the soring issue would appear to be an internal issue.

Your quote:

at this point and TIME i could really cae less about HSUS stopping people from having animals,I'll cross that bridge after this battle is WON

I responded by saying IF the law gets in place...it will not be overturned. STOP SORING...absolutely...It would appear the articles by Roy are having an impact.

We are already seeing in numerous states...more and more restrictions put in place to eliminate horses...some National Parks are banning horses as their fecal matter puts "oats" into an eco strato where it does not belong.

It does not have to be...swollow the HSUS Drink of Poison in order to get rid of soring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    The statement was OTHERS had done nothing. I was stating most of them didn't even know about Big Lick. The fact the TWH groups were unable to "cure" the soring issue would appear to be an internal issue.

Your quote:

at this point and TIME i could really cae less about HSUS stopping people from having animals,I'll cross that bridge after this battle is WON

I responded by saying IF the law gets in place...it will not be overturned. STOP SORING...absolutely...It would appear the articles by Roy are having an impact.

We are already seeing in numerous states...more and more restrictions put in place to eliminate horses...some National Parks are banning horses as their fecal matter puts "oats" into an eco strato where it does not belong.

It does not have to be...swollow the HSUS Drink of Poison in order to get rid of soring.
    May I suggest instead of blaming the USHS for all these ills that you join your local horse council (and if you don't have one-start one) or get in touch with your state reps and fight for horsemen's rights. We did this in our county and saved beach riding when it came under fire. We have even built an equestrian center on county donated land and they are adding trails throughout the county all the time.

But that's a subject for another thread. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    May I suggest instead of blaming the USHS for all these ills that you join your local horse council (and if you don't have one-start one) or get in touch with your state reps and fight for horsemen's rights. We did this in our county and saved beach riding when it came under fire. We have even built an equestrian center on county donated land and they are adding trails throughout the county all the time.

But that's a subject for another thread. Carry on.
    You seem to be assuming that you are the only one that does just that and much more that needs to be done?

Thank you CFFARM,

the ill will for HSUS is better on another thread,for without the video of Jackie the Jerk the subject of Soring would not have been NEWS worthy.
    Roy would not have really known about the pain and suffering of the Tn Walking Horse,but when he saw that video and heard with his own ears the painful crys of that HORSE he stepped up,THANK GOD.the HSUS opened the window and Roy Exum turned on the LIGHTs.a judge has heard from not hundreds but thousands of people that want this practice of SORING STOPPED. thats what this THREAD is ABOUT,STOPPING SORING now.

good nite folks

All right. HSUS provided a video documenting TWH abuse. Nightline aired it in May. For those of you who abhor HSUS - there is no use crying over spilt milk.

Those of us who have been wanting Big Lick exposed and hopefully stopped are grateful for the footage. I for one am getting tired of this thread being a dumping ground for HSUS complaints. WE GET IT. They have an agenda.

There is SO much more going on. USDA strengthening the HPA, AAEP and AVMA announcing they dont support action devices and stacks, the Tennessee fair inviting NWHA to show horses, Oregon banning performance classes,etc. This thread is all about positive change for the TWH. There are plenty of HSUS trashing threads to go post in.......... or start a new one. The negative posts are not appreciated here. And i especially take offense to disparaging remarks about Mr Dane.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    All right. HSUS provided a video documenting TWH abuse. Nightline aired it in May. For those of you who abhor HSUS - there is no use crying over spilt milk.

Those of us who have been wanting Big Lick exposed and hopefully stopped are grateful for the footage. I for one am getting tired of this thread being a dumping ground for HSUS complaints. WE GET IT. They have an agenda.

There is SO much more going on. USDA strengthening the HPA, AAEP and AVMA announcing they dont support action devices and stacks, the Tennessee fair inviting NWHA to show horses, Oregon banning performance classes,etc. This thread is all about positive change for the TWH. There are plenty of HSUS trashing threads to go post in.......... or start a new one. The negative posts are not appreciated here. And i especially take offense to disparaging remarks about Mr Dane.
    Absolutely agree! I refuse to be distracted from stopping soring by people whose motives are questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You seem to be assuming that you are the only one that does just that and much more that needs to be done?
    Really Bluey? What specifically have YOU done?

WITW WNS - Tell it! You too ARP aaaaand CFF!!!

I am looking forward to the day. You know - THE day. The f.i.n.a.l column!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    Absolutely agree! I refuse to be distracted from stopping soring by people whose :motives are questionable.
    I ride a padded cull in gaited dressage. I designed and wrote the narrative for my club's presentation at the state horse fair last winter. I love twhs. I own three of them. Tell me again how the hell i fall into anyones suspect bucket. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    Absolutely agree! I refuse to be distracted from stopping soring by people whose motives are questionable.
    You defend the HSUS and talk about "people whose motives are questionable"?

You may think that possibly one reason the HSUS is making those videos and bring controversy to light is, amongst others, to show anyone with animals in a bad light.
    Not because of the animals being abused, but because it is one more nail in the coffin they are building for our rights to have and use animals in the minds of the public that doesn't know any better, that will assume anyone with horses is abusing them.
    You know, they can't lose, because somewhere, someone will always be abusing something, including animals, sadly, to provide fuel for their agenda.

Talk about anyone with questionable motives to get behind and defend so heartily.
    I am not sure who's motives here should be questioned first.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    I ride a padded cull in gaited dressage. I designed and wrote the narrative for my club's presentation at the state horse fair last winter. I love twhs. I own three of them. Tell me again how the hell i fall into anyones suspect bucket. Really.
    Do you think you are a suspect? If not, then why are you asking if you are?

The likelihood that HSUS getting animal ownership banned is about as likely as the anti-gun groups getting guns banned in this country. Realize, there is NO/ZERO/NIL/NEGATIVE money to accomplish either task. Not to mention that even in my cynical world, the majority wins.

Not only that but the demographic has abruptly changed. People don't/can't/won't own animals as a rule in the near future. The rate is dropping astronomically even enough to make the National news.

Where were you all when they banned dog fighting and cock fighting. OMG! I will never own chickens or dogs again. The humanity.....

And of course Godwin's Law in present once again. Haven't we evolved at all? Purely a rhetorical question.

Yeah, simple wedges are great and never do any harm.

I can't believe anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together think stacks, multiple pads, hose clamps with no turn out is good horse husbandry. Biomechanics 101. Kool-aid anyone?
    Gah! It makes me crazy. Ignorance is truly bliss I imagine.

http://www.horseforum.com/horse-heal...get-2nd-10874/

Why do you think? Only Bluey and i are concerned on this thread.... everyone else is happy with the HSUS.

Nutz to keep making this about HSUS or about any one poster.

Much bigger stuff going on IMO.

It would be kinda like complaining about the first rain after a long drought because it made some weeds grow. Enjoy the God sent rain for Pete's sake.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Yes. Like banning riding two year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    Nutz to keep making this about HSUS or about any one poster.

Much bigger stuff going on IMO.
    Right and the HSUS has a foot in this and trying to make hay while their sun is shining, trying to make rules, etc.
    Sorry, too many that know them don't trust them and that is what we object to.
    Not sensible to let animal rights extremists make rules about what we do with animals, I would say.
    What they will come up is suspect.

All here are for stopping any abuses.
    I don't think many are for letting the HSUS use this one more case of abuse for a springboard for their agenda, as they generally have been trying to do.

Good for those truly working to stop abuses, they are to be commended.
    Boo to those defending the HSUS get involved at all in any rule making.

i just don't understand why some of you folks can't just let this Thread be about what it was placed on this forum for.to let other horse owners those that ride a different breed that did not know about SORING.THEY KNOW NOW,they can help by writing to a JUDGE. by thanking those who have been in this battle for yrs.

a story for ya i know a lady she was asked to help at an equine affair to promote the Sound TWH,she said sure i want to help to STOP SORING when she got to the AFFAIR,they told her she had to have BODYGUARDS,could only go to the restroom if someone went with her.she put her self in danger to stand up and say SOUND not SORE.this has been yrs back.some of us tryed really really hard to STOP SORING and we are still in the battle.

PLEASE leave this Thread alone if you are not willing to accept what has been done to this point.take your personal dislikes away to another thread.

your venom has NO value here.

Big big diff in riding 2 yr olds and racing or showing 2 yr olds because the prep time for getting a 2yr old ready for showing or racing has to start when they are what - 15,16, 17, 18 or so months old. In the case of tbreds and sbreds at least they use lights to get their mares cycling and try to get the foals born in the early early months of the year so that when they become a yearling they are actually close to a yr old.

Do the TWH breeders aim for early in the calendar yr births? If not their "yearlings" are much less than a yr old and their "2 yr olds" could be several months less than 2 actual yrs old. Add to that the practice of the starter packages being nailed on 12, 13, 14 or whatever month olds.

HSUS sent suggestions to Celebration on how to efficiently fix their problems internally and in the public eye. That is all that it was - suggestions. And it was about showing 2 yr olds under saddle, not riding 2 yr olds. I highly doubt that the breeders of all breeds would not be up in arms if the ability to show, race and peddle 2 yr olds was no longer an option. That extra year of feeding a young horse would put many of them out of business. I dont think young other breed horses have to endure anything close to what an upcoming TWH Performance horse does.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

This will be some nice exposure !

The National Walking Horse Association (NWHA) is excited to partner with Tom Seay and Best of America by Horseback to promote the natural Walking Horse. Since its inception in 1998, NWHA has worked diligently to increase public awareness of the NATURAL abilities of the flat shod Walking Horse in such areas as trail riding programs, rail horse competitions, Dressage, Reining and timed events.

Headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky, the National Walking Horse Association is the foremost sound walking horse organization in the United States today. For over 14 years, NWHA has been promoting the general welfare of and serving as an advocate for the Walking Horse against abusive and inhumane treatment. As a USDA-certified HIO, NWHA has adopted and enforced the highest level of penalties for Horse Protection Act violators, adopted “no tolerance” for soring practices, and has a mandatory requirement that all DQP’s and Board of Directors members have no violations of the HPA. Soon after it’s founding, NWHA prohibited pads, chains, and other action devices from all of the Association’s competitions.

Some of our most notable achievements are that NWHA was the Walking Horse Breed Representative for 2010 World Equestrian Games, NWHA is the Walking Horse Breed Affiliate Organization for USEF, NWHA is a certified HIO approved by the Kentucky Racing Commission to inspect horses that receive Kentucky Breeders Incentive funds; and, NWHA's National Championship show is the largest flat shod Walking Horse show in the nation and the second largest Walking Horse show overall.

NWHA highlights our trail horses and their dedicated riders through our Trail Rider Incentive Program (T.R.I.P) and our Competitive Horse Incentive Program (C.H.I.P). The T.R.I.P. is open to all NWHA members riding any gaited horse or any gaited horse owned by a NWHA member. Awards for T.R.I.P are based on time spent in the saddle. Trail hours are counted in 15-minute increments with a minimum of 30 minutes per ride. Any NWHA-affiliated ride or ACTHA Competitive Trail Challenge counts for double hours. The annual high hour rider is presented with the Iron Buns Award, a customized silver belt buckle designed for the T.R.I.P. program. Also, the high hour horse and high hour youth rider receive an annual award. These awards are presented at our NWHA Annual Membership Meeting. The C.H.I.P is designated for NWHA members that compete in any kind of competitive trail event such as competitive trail rides or endurance rides. Riders accrue mileage at sanctioned Competitive Trail and Endurance rides. Awards for C.H.I.P. are based on miles and awarded at designated hourly levels. These year-end awards are also presented at our Annual Membership Meeting. Visit www.nwha.com for more information on these and other programs that we offer.

Jason Crawhorn ~ NWHA President

Great post WITW and great link up to NWHA. Jason does some gooooooood work! And he has some nice show horses and great customers.