The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 248 of 315 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 6299

Oh I know it's common. This is not my first rodeo.

Re: Starfish: Since 'they' have knowledgeable people 'off-COTH' who are guiding his evaluation, surely those folks are better informed and therefore better equipped to answer those questions. Asking the 'hard questions' here is just dropping hints to the curious masses w/little chance of substantive suggestions.

So get the answers from them. They know the situation. We don't.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    My own failed padded horse was totally fine about being asked to lift a hoof, right from the start. But fly spraying his legs, applying SWAT or hoof oil, etc, he would fold himself away from me and try to yield himself away, if that makes sense. Two years after we bought him, I had him at a trail horse competition, saddled, tied to the trailer, and I sprayed his tail with Pepi. When he smelled it- he parked out, raised his head, and mentally just left the property. He wasn't there.
    This is so sad to read. Not what you did, but just his reaction to something so innocent. Sad how deeply ingrained in their brains this padded life did to them. Makes you wonder do they ever forget? What have you found out about that Katarine? Do they?

My friend got one and he was scared of anybody in a ball cap, and men. He would tremble. Literally, it was sad. He never could get over his padded handling.

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    This is so sad to read. Not what you did, but just his reaction to something so innocent. Sad how deeply ingrained in their brains this padded life did to them. Makes you wonder do they ever forget? What have you found out about that Katarine? Do they?

My friend got one and he was scared of anybody in a ball cap, and men. He would tremble. Literally, it was sad. He never could get over his padded handling.
    Yes, they absolutely can get over it. Now my experience is with just one horse, but it is a long dead memory to him now. He goes to sleep while I bathe him and wrap him, and he now thinks of show prep as dressage show prep, and he loves it.

The worst thing (well, not the worst but still) a body can do is focus on the problem and the past. Give them a new job and go forward. I have a good friend who gets a lot of padded culls -shoot, probably a 6-10 a year?- some who never made it to a show, some who absolutely were sored in their past....and remakes them into other sound trail horses or sound show horses, and lots of them she takes all the way back down to barefoot. Are some more troubled by their past than others? YOU BET> the longer they were sored the longer they'll retain it. My guy was lucky, I bought him as a 4 YO.

But yes- quit hugging their necks and crying over it and give them- and you- a new job, and it'll fade, you bet.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanUpTN View Post
    That is very common in formerly sored horses. I think it's there way of "going to that happy place" where there is no pain. And they are heavily stewarded to make sure they go there instead of reacting.
    When I was last horse shopping I looked at two walkers I'm pretty positive were former big-lick horses, there was a lot of scaring/hair loss on the pastern area. They also froze up and zoned out while being groomed, it was so odd that even my husband noticed it. Now that you described the reason for I feel so sorry for those horses. I hope they found good homes.

The Walkers I have known are such sweet, generous, live-to-please horses I can't imagine what kind of pathology it takes to hurt one intentionally like this. It must have to be on the scale of people sick enough to enjoy torturing innocent children. There is NO justification for soring and "stewarding" horses--NONE.

Unless you also think torture, rape and child abuse are acceptable in the name of fame and profit! The connection between hurting animals and people is now well-known and accepted by law enforcement and the mental health profession.

We need to put these people in the right category--seriously damaged human beings who are not safe to be around animals or most people.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    My own failed padded horse was totally fine about being asked to lift a hoof, right from the start. But fly spraying his legs, applying SWAT or hoof oil, etc, he would fold himself away from me and try to yield himself away, if that makes sense. Two years after we bought him, I had him at a trail horse competition, saddled, tied to the trailer, and I sprayed his tail with Pepi. When he smelled it- he parked out, raised his head, and mentally just left the property. He wasn't there.
    That is so freakin sad. Multiply that by how many horses over the decades this evil has been flourishing, it's heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Malda View Post
    When I was last horse shopping I looked at two walkers I'm pretty positive were former big-lick horses, there was a lot of scaring/hair loss on the pastern area. They also froze up and zoned out while being groomed, it was so odd that even my husband noticed it. Now that you described the reason for I feel so sorry for those horses. I hope they found good homes.
    It's called "learned helplessness" which some people will argue does not exist.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

1 members found this post helpful.

Say what? Whitfield = HR1518

5/25/13

Confusion At TWHBEA

Lewisburg, TN - At a meeting earlier this year, the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders’ And Exhibitors’ Association (TWHBEA) Executive Committee voted to oppose the Whitfield amendment. That decision was upheld at the Executive Committee meeting held May 23rd. At the Executive Committee meeting held on the morning of May 24th, the decision to oppose the amendment was reconsidered and a motion was passed to endorse the Whitfield amendment. At their meeting held that same day, the TWHBEA International Board of Directors, overturned the action of the EC and voted to oppose the Whitfield amendment.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

I read that and didn't understand it either. Preacher has put out some notes on the meetings, but he hasn't explained it yet. But he called it HR 1518b, like maybe they have been crafting an amendment????

Opps, wrong TWH thread.
    Last edited by pony4me; May. 26, 2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: posted on wrong thread
    It's 2015. Do you know where your old horse is?

Yes - He wrote a Facebook post about the events he was part of. As I read it, his post ended with the final TWHBEA outcome being supportive of HR1518. But TWHBEA still has that they are officially in opposition. I think the vote of the Executive Committee to take a supportive position can be viewed as a crack in the wall (as Preacher put it). He really has been ever hopeful and stayed in no matter the opposition,
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

I so apologize for being so tardy in gettin with all of you;

before I let you read my LOOOOOOONG! Report, (it is long cuz it was a long weekend)

I have been in this for a very long time..I have scars and unhealed wounds but that's okay...

Tell me what does a horse that has been abused, or hurt do to defend itself? They Bite, Kick and Strike ~~~ this horse can do none of this ~~~ so I have been charged to do that for them ~~~ love you ALL!

WE WON!!!!!~~~~ We simply just did not show up to the awards ceremonies to pick up our prize.

Where I left you yesterday was after the individual committee reports. Unbeknowningly to just about all except the EC. Our President Tray Boyd called for a special EC meeting, during yesterday’s meetings

We came back from lunch I think and the air was “tinglingly” It was electrifying, there was an extra bounce in some of the members steps, many smiling seemingly like they had a secret they were finding hard to contain. And on others was the appearance and oder of fear and desperation.

Tracy took the podium and read a statement He said that he called for a special meeting of the EC and he had some news that was difficult. He then read that HE initiated and the EC had voted to support the Whitfield H.R. 1518 Amendment as it was written, and any previous statements from TWHBEA about it was now suspended.

The whole room was stunned, I half expected to hear the distinct thud of a body hitting the floor.

Remember how I said that Tom “Lickin Slick” Kakassy lawyer from Florida, rewrote a motion in the Bylaws Committee to get around not having a quorum?

He steps up and reads his statement calling for the repeal of the earlier action of the EC supporting the Whitfield Amendment, goes into the most ridiculous oration about how if the bill passed the breed was gonna die, no more shows, no more breeding, no more selling of horse and on and on.

I do not know if this man has a family and children or not, but it was as if he was spinning a scary ghost story around a campfire. Gloom & Doom! There are some very good audio recordings of all of this and as soon as I get it in my hands I will post it somehow…THIS is a tape you wanna hear. I cannot do justice to what was said by who, you have to hear it for yourself.

It was seconded, and then went into discussion;

Marty Irby, bounced up to that podium in the middle of the room like someone had stabbed him in the butt! that brother preached and was filled with the Holy Spirit; I know when I see people who are “Under That Influence” of that. 

It was so dramatic, as his father Ty Irby was sitting at the same table and Marty put his hand on his shoulder and said “I Love you dad, but I have to do this” (Ty later got up and explained how he had 30 mares, with 10 colts on the ground or about the foal, and he only bred back two mares and how that bill would negatively impact him)

When he finished he got a standing ovation ~~~~~ of one !~~~ Me!

This was followed by Keith Dane of The HSUS he laid out an very eloquent, factual and provable rebuttal that real impressed me, you’re gonna hear me say that allot “I was Impressed”

I may have some of the speakers in the order wrong, cuz I was trying to take notes, listen and think of what I was gonna say. I am anxious to review the tape.

Then they (both sides) started to duking it out trying to persuade people to see it their way and vote for their position.

I was impressed and surprised to see some folks I have watched for a long time and not really known their heart, meaning they say words but you could not really discern if they were not Licker sympathizers.

Well, TODAY they took a very public stand to supporting the motion that TWHBEA stop sheltering that whole program of Lickerville as it now is.

Now don’t get this wrong, TWHBEA has a responsibility to support all factions of our breed, but they (the Administration) CAN and DOES have the duty to express their position of any issue as they see appropriate, without excluding any faction. ~~~~

For example when things happen like Jackie McConnell, Larry Whealon, the 2012 ABC Nightline they took what I would call a “Parental Neutral Position” ~~~ as you remember pissed allot of us off, because we thought TWHBEA was pro-licker and not doing da right thang.

Well, this weekend they again made a statement in their actions of how this administration felt about another political issue, they reversed themselves on an earlier press release stating they did not support the amendment as it was written.

They were loud and clear, no wavering in their comments or intent, today!

Listen, this weekend is Memorial Day weekend where we remember those that have gone before us and gave the ultimate gift of their lives for this country, you, yours, and mine have benefitted greatly from their unselfish donation ~~~ their lives.

I bring that up because I want to use a military analogy here ~~~ when you serve under a commander for a long period of time, you know how they think and feel, because “their will” is trickled all the way down the chain of command to the lowest man, that’s why when things go wrong they first look at the commander.

I said that to say this I have been a soldier in the Army of The Lord for a long time “I know when God is in the room!” I know how to discern when He is working on his children’s hearts and lives.

That room was filled with the Holy Spirit of which I know all too well from being in my daddy’s church.

These people got up and opened their mouths and what came out was carried on the wings of the Holy spirit, when they sat down you could almost see on their face “I said all that?:\” watch this  “WHAT EVER GOT INTO ME?!!!! ~~~ I SO LOVE IT!!!

It went on for a while then Tracy started to end the discussion, a roll call vote was called for…person by person directors were polled for their vote, there was no way to duck how one stood on the issue in the end the motion carried that they “Undo” the motion of supporting the Whitfield Bill, 27 yes, to roll back the action to 17 no, to leave it alone as the statement and position OF TWHBEA and one abstention from ~~~ Russ Keyser of Germany as that was laughingly accepted as there was definite some drama going on between him and his wife Denise Bader.

At first I was disappointed ~ I asked God WHY? Are you forsaking us?, The horse?

Then a wave of understanding rolled over me, He said to me “I am interested, very interested in the affairs of man and woman in this, but I gave y’all free will, so what you are suppose to do with that gift is to “ACT” I am not gonna let you sit in that chair and I do everything for you!”

Now to explain the subject “WE WON!!!!!~~~~ We simply just did not show up to the awards ceremonies to pick up our prize.”

HAD THE INDIVUAL BOARD MEMBERS THAT SIGNED UP TO BE HERE, WAS HERE TO VOTE! ~~~~WE WOULD HAVE OVERWHELMINGLY WON THIS !!!!~~~HANDS DOWN!

You see, the Lickers live close by, they can afford to be there every time those doors opened, BUT! Their numbers stay constant, only so many directors per state or region, no matter how many show up and sit in the audience, they do not have a vote….

But we (The Flatters) are always in flux, every state that sends a new board director is an addition for a positive vote for the horse.

I know some directors say..”I have to pay this; airfare, motel, rental car, food and gas outta my own pocket and realistically I can only afford to go to one of the two annual meetings…” so they choose the December meeting.

If there is fault to be assessed to anyone ~~~ it would be YOU THE MEMBERS AND YOU THE NON MEMBERS!!! in the state their director comes from…every individual club should all year long set funds aside for their director’s expenses, ALL of you got a club bank roll in your banks, you could cut out a certain amount from each show to support your director. USE the money you have in your accounts to put it towards a good use. NOT just to entertain you with your shows.

Don’t blame the Lickers ~~~ Don’t blame TWHBEA ~~~ Don’t blame the voting members that was there~~~ They did exactly what they were suppose to do ~~ The Lickers, got together and voted in a block ~~ we expect that ~~~ TWHBEA took the stand and position that we are going beyond the media bites, and actually put into action a definitive positive motion that tells the world that “We “Get It!” and we will unhestitantly comply…

Let me tell you something about that last quote “We Get It!”

That was the statement that our current president Tracy Boyd made as his elections speech back in December, he said even though my whole family for generations have been in the Lickin business, “I Get It” He revisited that statement again this weekend…
    Then he went into session and actually acted on that statement.

I heard my battle cry of years being echoed back to me several times in several different people’s speeches “Do Da Right Thang!”

Now the 3rd element “The Member’s/Non-Member’s Role” You’ve heard me for a long time say “Join, elect a director and VOTE!” We have come short of that friends, we have no more than words supported positive motions towards our goal.

We stand on the outside and “Chunk Rocks’ blaming TWHBEA and the Lickers…when in fact it is us that has not changed the status quo.

I shared with you folks my reports on this past weekend…so those shared comments and threads appears several places on FB, and the all the comments do not get consolidated into one place, I have to go around like I was checking my traps and join in on the individual threads…So I write this main thread that goes to all of you and then I will visit each individual thread to comment, answer questions and clarify.

Yesterday on several of my threads people pledged that they would join TWHBEA and register their horses, some even said they would go back to showing because of the positive actions they heard from me of where TWHBEA was changing for the good…

I say to you and every other one of you JOIN! JOIN NOW!! TWHBEA has shown you that “They Get It!” and they wanna “Do Da Right Thang!”

But they cannot move forward without you and your membership, and director…what you serve as is that 2nd and 3rd gear on a 4X4 ~~~ they (TWHBEA) are spinning their wheels trying to get outta that honkin mud puddle using conventional 2 wheel drive ~~~ when you join up they flip the switch from 2 wheel to 4 wheel and that truck LUNGES forwards pulling you and that loaded trailer of yours outta the mud and back on solid ground.

Now I have been in the heart of this for years, I am gonna show you something, no, two somethings that God sent me as conformation that He was in da building.

You remember the little game I asked you to play with me yesterday? “which one is not like the other one?:”

Well when Denise Bader, Jeanne Johnson-Wright and Christie Lantis worked together in concert to make me leave the table and room of The Enforcement Committee’s meeting yesterday?

A couple of people approached me and said what they did was illegal, they were mad! They agreed that you cannot have secret meeting in a shareholder organization and that they are suppose to have a secretary memorializing what was said by whom~~~and as a members I could a transcript of everything that was done in that committee…they were pissed, eyes were being opened and voices were being heard ~~~

What I didn’t tell you was that Ron Thomas (Director) and Tracy Boyd (President) were sitting in the back of the room, they sit in on as many committees they can during this day.

Well, when I gathered my stuff and started towards the door, I was followed by Ron and Tracy, I thought they were just going to another committee, they do that, they sit in one for awhile then they bounce over to another one because there is always 2 committees going on each hour.

Denise and Christie said to Ron “Oh, you can stay Ron!”, he or Tracy did not say anything they just kept steppin.

Well, on Sunday, after the vote, the meeting was adjourned and lunch was served, the room was still full, people did not leave, people were laughing, eating and talking and to me it felt like very black cloud lifted from over this building and folks were laughing and eating a wonderful lunch, provided by TWHBEA. I wanted mention my observation to Ron & Tracy & Marty.

I got up form my table and walked over and sat in the empty seat between Tracy and Ron, at this table was Marty Irby and Rob Cornelius I said “I feel like a reverse Oreo Cookie sitting tween you two” Tracy almost spit his food across the table, Ron sat there I could see he was searching to the best comeback, I said to Tracy, “He don’t get it!” Rob said “Oh, He got it!” then Ron came back with a real good one…

After all of stopped laughing Ron asked me “Well Nathan, how did the rest of the day go for you after you were kicked outta that committee?” I said just fine, every committee let me participate and we got allot of good work done and I had fun!”

I felt like I was naked, there were so many eyes looking at this table to see if they could pick up what was being said and how we were reacting towards each other.

I lean towards Ron and quietly said “Ron, you know that was wrong what they did”
    He said “I know ~~~~~~ that’s why Tracy and me left the room with you!” ~~~

SAY WHAT?????

In a very demonstrative move they walked out on bad behavior in support of me by Doin Da Right Thang!!!!!!

I won’t let you say anymore TWHBEA does not want to change, or they are not listening to us!! No sir, No Maam! You are so wrong!

The leaders of the last Three administrations of TWHBEA have been slowing advancing towards what happened yesterday!! And yesterday the last tether of support for bad attitudes, behavior and dark spirits! was broken!!!

I can visualize, unpadded and chained horses running in fields

There is no other major org to support them, those funky HIOs they come out of which is on the brink of being decertified or that crippled Performance Show Horse org that is trying to emerge as the NEW haven for Lickers is all but dead-on-arrival.

Here’s the second conformation from God I believe I received, ~~~ while I was sitting there enjoying a great conversation with Ron, Tracy got up to attend to some of his other charges. A very handsome lady director with a green piece of paper came over and took the vacant seat next to me left by Tracy.

I will not say that she or her husband was an enemy, but a “friendenemy” I’ve had many heated discussions over the years with her husband and I know I have pissed him off to no end…but we still speak and laugh and make jokes at each other. I like the dude, I think he’s Original

She said “Last night at the horse show, this young man, handing me the green piece of paper had a horse accident and broke his arm, Can you do something for him through Micahcare?”

Even though Micahcare has not gone public, it was spoken about several times over the weekend, and she wanted to see it towards this young man.

If that is not God, I don’t know what is!!!

I will say EVRY MOTION, ACTION done this weekend was positive towards a liberated TWHBEA, every one of my proposals is in positive motion, Recognizing compliant HIO’s and organizations, working with smaller groups, revisiting the “You must be in the org 5 years before you can serve on the board rule” oh so many more, that I simply cannot recall all of them, recognizing the international TWH organizations and pledging support to them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Natalie and I just got back from going to get donuts, a tradition I enjoy with my wife every Sunday, that or breakfast, whether we’re fighting or not. 

Her and I are still are processing what happened We think we understand why she was suppose to be there, Jennie usually would have been with me, but she is indisposed, One of my other daughters was suppose to come but she backed out.

It was just her and I, Nate & Nat~~~during the discussion of the motions, I kept raising my hand to speak, finally Tracy said “I love you bro, but this is a board meeting and you cannot talk!”

So it came down to this we think,

Our very silent presence inspired people as they looked at this woman and remembered the little girl that walked into that Lion’s Den ~~~~TWICE!! As she put into actions her convictions and beliefs, we think this encouraged people to stand up and speak their heart ~~~~ we could see a softening in people’s eyes, as they looked over at our table, as if they were remembering those nights under the lights.

Without being able to speak, God was showing me “I am in charge, now you sit there and watch me work!” I am feeling like Joshua, being ridiculed, laughed at, demoralized walking around the city for six mornings straight ~~~ now as I on the seventh trip, blow the horns and shout ~~~~ a rumbling,~~~ the forbearer of impending total collapse.

It is with great anticipation I watch as the first stones of the wall break loose its position it has held for years and years, fall towards the earth!

I’m gonna close now ~~~ I charge you every one of you to “Do Da Right Thang!” send in your membership ~~~~ Register those horses of yours~~~~ financially support those agents of yours, those intercessors of your concerns that come and is your voice in a manner that makes a difference VOTING!!!

"I’m gonna close now ~~~ I charge you every one of you to “Do Da Right Thang!” send in your membership ~~~~ Register those horses of yours~~~~ financially support those agents of yours, those intercessors of your concerns that come and is your voice in a manner that makes a difference VOTING!!! "

When training a horse, I reward that horse for a 'try'. I don't, however, accept the first try as the final solution. If I want a horse to canter, I don't quit and put it away and never again ask for a canter, just because that horse did a nice little half hop with the front end. I might reward it, but the discussion of how to canter isn't done until the horse is actually cantering.

Once TWBHEA manages to move out of a dog walk and hit the RIGHT kind of lick, they can get our money. Until then, they get a nice bit of praise for actually thinking about 'the right way to go'. Tomorrow, we'll ask them again for some real progress, and see if they can produce it. The end goal?

1. No positions or rewards for repeat violators
    2. No membership money spent on Big Lick
    3. No WCG for Big Lick, without corresponding awards for the other divisions.
    4. No more back door deals to keep padded and flatshod violators and sored horses in the ring.
    5. Remove papers on horses with multiple violations.
    6. Support 1518. Period.

It's not that hard to accomplish, and TWHBEA is fully capable of pushing through these types of decisions. They have at least two compliant sound HIOs to connect with (which they have previously pushed away). They hold the registration papers for these poor sored horses. If they want the cash and the respect of TWH owners, they will need to 'walk the walk'. We can expect nothing less of the breed organization that is supposed to protect our beloved Tennessee Walking Horses.

6 members found this post helpful.

AMEN!!

Gonna tell you something shansuri...I don't know you my first time I have ever seen you here,,,but what you just said is scarey ~~~ with your philosophy of training I would no more bring a horse to you and would take it home if I ever heard that mess, you are a hard, hard person, I saw no compassion or softness in your statement.

I'm gonna tell you right now,.I will not get into a running gun battle with you and you do not want to get in one with me

I got people that want to build to hang out with..we'll save you a seat when you want to come in and enjoy the benefits of years and years of hard meaningful work

~~~ Show Me The HorseFax!

I wouldn't support TWHBEA with my dollars anymore than I'd support the Mafia.
    There are other registries for Walkers which do not tolerate or support Big Lick.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    Gonna tell you something shansuri...I don't know you my first time I have ever seen you here,,,but what you just said is scarey ~~~ with your philosophy of training I would no more bring a horse to you and would take it home if I ever heard that mess, you are a hard, hard person, I saw no compassion or softness in your statement.

I'm gonna tell you right now,.I will not get into a running gun battle with you and you do not want to get in one with me

I got people that want to build to hang out with..we'll save you a seat when you want to come in and enjoy the benefits of years and years of hard meaningful work

~~~ Show Me The HorseFax!
    Awe Nate, you are so cute when you try to get all manly and overpowering. I wouldn't expect you to bring a horse to me to train-- you should be using your wife for that.

And I really didn't post on here in any kind of a need for your validation-- my training methods result in very happy horses. Now I might not make TWHBEA happy, but then again they are motivated by the almighty dollar more than they are a pat on the shoulder or a bit of spoken praise.

It's kind of funny-- you are the second person today who 'hasn't seen me around before' and so assumes I don't know what I'm talking about. Sure is funny to see people's reactions when they can't figure out who or what I am.

Take my advice-- quit worrying about whether you are going to be remembered as the most important component of the anti-soring movement, and just do your best to make the world a better place for the Tennessee Walking Horse. It takes a village. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of people who have done a LOT to help the Tennessee Walking Horse. That should make you feel happy, not threatened, Nate.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shansurri View Post
    "I’m gonna close now ~~~ I charge you every one of you to “Do Da Right Thang!” send in your membership ~~~~ Register those horses of yours~~~~ financially support those agents of yours, those intercessors of your concerns that come and is your voice in a manner that makes a difference VOTING!!! "

When training a horse, I reward that horse for a 'try'. I don't, however, accept the first try as the final solution. If I want a horse to canter, I don't quit and put it away and never again ask for a canter, just because that horse did a nice little half hop with the front end. I might reward it, but the discussion of how to canter isn't done until the horse is actually cantering.

Once TWBHEA manages to move out of a dog walk and hit the RIGHT kind of lick, they can get our money. Until then, they get a nice bit of praise for actually thinking about 'the right way to go'. Tomorrow, we'll ask them again for some real progress, and see if they can produce it. The end goal?

1. No positions or rewards for repeat violators
    2. No membership money spent on Big Lick
    3. No WCG for Big Lick, without corresponding awards for the other divisions.
    4. No more back door deals to keep padded and flatshod violators and sored horses in the ring.
    5. Remove papers on horses with multiple violations.
    6. Support 1518. Period.

It's not that hard to accomplish, and TWHBEA is fully capable of pushing through these types of decisions. They have at least two compliant sound HIOs to connect with (which they have previously pushed away). They hold the registration papers for these poor sored horses. If they want the cash and the respect of TWH owners, they will need to 'walk the walk'. We can expect nothing less of the breed organization that is supposed to protect our beloved Tennessee Walking Horses.
    I am all in with you.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thirded.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I don't get it. In this day and age of technology there is absolutely NO reason out of state directors could not have voted. That's just dumb. DSL or conference calls too technical for the good 'ol South or what?