The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 245 of 315 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 6295

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    Cross-posting this here in the hopes that someone close to this guy can give him the upgrade he needs really fast--suspect the price is to avoid KB's:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3800349788.html

If I wasn't 1,200 miles away, he'd be on my trailer already.
    OMG. It never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    CleanupTN, WITW, Hurleycane, etc I read that Bill Bobo, I think it was, quitting padded horses and switching solely to flat shod. Have you heard the same? Any other notable defections from their ranks?

Thanks!
    Yep, I heard the same about Bobo and that others are soon to follow. No mention yet of who the "others" are, just that "several" BL trainers have made the statement that they "ain't going to jail for no horse".

Listen.......is that a lady I hear singing?

If anybody can take him in or donate with a dribble, go to this thread: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...28Tennessee%29

We need to get that boy a HOME.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Cross-posting this here in the hopes that someone close to this guy can give him the upgrade he needs really fast--suspect the price is to avoid KB's:

Sending this to some folks I know that are very close to that area.

People make me sick.

I sent some really quick emails and have already heard back from one.......word is spreading quickly so I'm hoping this has a fast and happy ending.

OK, well, we have 2 potential homes for him, what we need is someone local who can negotiate w/ the owner & pick the poor guy up.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

This guy needs an upgrade fast. In the second pic he has that blank stare of a starving horse that is checked out.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Here is the thread for this horse already in progress:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...se-(Tennessee)

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Fundraising is being coordinated over on this thread. This little guy needs help !

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...28Tennessee%29

Sane link as luvmytbs listed - we were seconds apart. lol
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

CleanUpTN, I want to make sure we're not duplicating efforts here. Do you have someone local who could go pick him up & put him up for a few days if Noctis does the negotiating?

He will also need a ride to either Sketcher in Mass. or Arrows Endure in Jax, FL.

CleanUpTN, I don't want to be duplicating efforts - keep us posted on whether you have anyone local who can go pick him up.

Noctis here on COTH has said she can talk to the owner/do the negotiating (and trust me, she'll be superb at that!) but doesn't have a trailer. She is working on someone else at her end who may be able to pick him up/put him up for a few days.

We also have Sketcher in Mass. (permanent home) and Arrows Endure (safe landing/rehab) offering long-term solutions.

War Admiral, I sent you a private message just a few minutes ago. We'll keep each other updated as this moves along.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanUpTN View Post
    War Admiral, I sent you a private message just a few minutes ago. We'll keep each other updated as this moves along.
    Cool. Got it. Keep me posted on the lady you spoke with.

Noctis heard back & the horse IS still available but owner wants to know "how much can you pay".

What I could use some help with now is figuring out how much $ we have available for Noctis to use in her negotiations. Anybody who is in a position to donate a little or a lot please pop in on the other thread! Many thanks to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by CleanUpTN View Post
    Yep, I heard the same about Bobo and that others are soon to follow. No mention yet of who the "others" are, just that "several" BL trainers have made the statement that they "ain't going to jail for no horse".

Listen.......is that a lady I hear singing?
    She seems to me to be a big woman with a mighty voice.

That is good news Katarine. I am but a cheerleader in this. The people I know walked away from this stuff a long time ago. aarpaso seems to be very in the know.

From what I googled yesterday, the horse that put Bobo in the ribbons was started or bought from Wheelon (Nine Yards) - tis a sad circle. But if Bobo is doing this publicly by making an announcement - well, it is a step in the right direction. I hope it was a moral decision and not just a "I don't want to go to jail" thing. But it might be asking too much for him (or anyone) who has climbed in those ranks to throw all that perceived "power" down. THAT would take a truly big person to do.

And as you and others have said - lets hope the flat shod world does not become a sore venue. Lets hope the flat shod world stays diligent to not encourage the extreme squat and limb flailing that the stacked folks valued.

Their true walking gait is something to behold and ride. IT and not the flailing legs will bring the horse to fame.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

PS - I vote the name Roy's Extra Proud for the brave soon-to-be-fortunate chestnut.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

1 members found this post helpful.

the bongos sing,seems some are saying all 19 horses in Larry the Louse's barn showed some signs of bein sored now if this song is tru (trying to comfirm)that means a 1to5 charge under new Tn State Law,one of the songs lyrics says they( the State and Fed) are looking at the OWNERS ie BOBO,so these folks are runnin SCARED.

joseph privet,watched his horse Taj Mahal bein abused by Jackie the Jerk,so one song says.Chad Way had to pay 2k for what he did to Ironworks Tin Man,are the owners worried YOU bet Your Sweet Ice Tea.

hey Hurley how about Roy's Truth Rings.

Confirming that caustic substances were under the wraps.

http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/dvm...CategoryId=378
    Last edited by WalkInTheWoods; May. 21, 2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: changed chems to substances til what they found is released to the putblic

1 members found this post helpful.

WITW, you are on it! I was just about to share that same link.

Hurley............10-4 on the big woman, mighty voice.

I'm just chomping at the bit to hear they have that TWH out and safe in Middle TN, and crossing my fingers that there isn't more there that look just like him.

Where are the details on Chad's penalty for the Ironworks Tin Man horse? I don't recall that I'd seen them before.