The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 170 of 315 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 6292

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    Well, since the proponents are busy gathering info to present here as to the dimensions of their shoeing protocols, I was wondering if they would also offer an explanation to the uninformed as to why stacked horses are wrapped when standing in stalls. And of course we know no one here is soring - but why the wraps??
    Plenty of trainers that do not sore, wrap the legs, wrapping protects the feet and supports the ligaments.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nashfad View Post
    THE WGC Walking Horse is not usually shown after winning it all. Bradley, where is The Touch now? I was there the night he won nearly knocking his own teeth out he was strong. For what it is, it was an amazing ride to watch. Will never forget him coming into the arena.
    I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyDick View Post
    Plenty of trainers that do not sore, wrap the legs, wrapping protects the feet and supports the ligaments.
    Actually, not only is there no evidence to support the theory that wrapping protects the ligaments there is some evidence that it actually is detrimental in that it reduces the leg's ability to dissipate heat.

And, of course, you're flat, dead wrong that there is no evidence that the Big Lick process, without soring, is non-detrimental to the short and a long term health of the horse. The evidence is mostly anecdotal, but that doesn't equate to "non-existent."

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

4 members found this post helpful.

new court date for ole Jackie the Jerk,Jan 25,this could be kept in the public eye for a year.also SHOW Inc.no longer HIO cert. Pride could be next,lickers wont have anyone to call.

2 members found this post helpful.

This just came across my desk from a member of another group I am in:

David Landrum, multiple Horse Protection Act Violator, and Jerald Pedigo have scheduled the Kentucky after Christmas Sale at the Alltech Arena at the Kentucky Horse Park on 1/25-1/26/2013.

This Sale will feature Big Lick horses. I would hope this is an oversight on the Kentucky Horse Park profiting on the sale of a division of horses that was banned from the 2010 World Equestrian Games and that the AVMA and AAEP have called for a ban due to their harmful shoeing that facilitates soring.
    I am certain that the Horse Park is not aware they will need an HIO to inspect horses for this sale as well. Remember SHOW, HOA, and PRIDE are on their final stages of decertification.

Kentucky Horse Park is also home to the National Walking Horse Association, a sound horse organization dedicated to the natural talents of the walking horse. Action devices and pads are banned from this association and they were voted unanimously to exhibit the natural talents of the walking horse at WEG.

Use these facts:
    -David Landrum is a mutiple Horse Protection Act violator.
    -The Big Lick was banned from exhibition at the 2010 World Equestrian Games.
    -USEF has banned the Big Lick.
    -AVMA and AAEP called for a ban on action devices and pads in the training and showing of Tennessee Walking Horses.
    -HR6338, a bill to strengthen the HPA which also bans pads and action devices, was introduced to the energy committee in September 2012
    -90% of all HPA violations come from the Big Lick division.

Contact information;
    http://kyhorsepark.com/index.php?opt...d=9&Itemid=462

Send emails to John Nicholson, Director of the Kentucky Horse Park, Johnd.nicholson@ky.gov

Nicole Rivera, Events Manager, Nicole.rivera@ky.gov .
    Phone number 859-259-4219

I am sure it is no "oversite" by the KY Horse Park

You simpy have no idea what you're talking about and no proof or evidence to suggest it. It is simply untrue.
    Oh my. How sad that you cannot see what is right in front of your eyes.

But then again, there has always been cruelty to animals with humans turning a blind eye and burying thier heads in the sand.

No proof? No evidence? I daresay there are quite a few studies to the contrary....

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    Oh my. How sad that you cannot see what is right in front of your eyes.

But then again, there has always been cruelty to animals with humans turning a blind eye and burying thier heads in the sand.
    They look at it through rose tinted glasses...

Quote Originally Posted by Rapaloosa View Post
    No proof? No evidence? I daresay there are quite a few studies to the contrary....
    Then post them.

Default Here's The Proof

Then post them.
    You can start here Brad This is incontrovertible visual factual evidence I videotaped. At The Celebration grounds, Dr. Gipson present, the big five trainers there with horses~~~~make sure you watch it to the end.

Go down to the 2007 Thermography Video

http://www.walkinonranch.com/2009hpa.html

all the History is really great,but some recent History would help ppl see it hasn't changed,

like what happened to Ironworks Tin Man,why was Chad Way told /ask to take the horse back to the barn? and why did a vet say the horse was disabled ?

the practice of abuse is still going on in the dark barns of Tn Ga Fa ala and even in OHIO.these greedy b-----ds are still wanting that WGC,

END BIG LICK in 2013.is my New Years wish.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    You can start here Brad This is incontrovertible visual factual evidence I videotaped. At The Celebration grounds, Dr. Gipson present, the big five trainers there with horses~~~~make sure you watch it to the end.

Go down to the 2007 Thermography Video
    http://www.walkinonranch.com/2009hpa.html

I do believe this Bradley person does not know what a coffin bone is, nor what the digital flexor tendon is, nor what any other structure of a horses' leg is. If he did, he would NEVER stack 'em, chain 'em and sore 'em. Nor would he enjoy the qrotesque movement these horses have to make just to take a step forward.

This is very, very sad for the TWH.

Beg your pardon....it is not going on in Ohio. Where do you get your very wrong information???

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    I do believe this Bradley person does not know what a coffin bone is, nor what the digital flexor tendon is, nor what any other structure of a horses' leg is. If he did, he would NEVER stack 'em, chain 'em and sore 'em. Nor would he enjoy the qrotesque movement these horses have to make just to take a step forward.

This is very, very sad for the TWH.
    It is really sad that when a person has a differing opinion that personal attacking is somehow ok....

Pads do not cause any harm. Prove that they do. Personally I am for a normal size though, I think it looks better.

I am not a fan of chains either but please prove where the use the legal weighted chains cause harm...

I have never defended nor ever promoted soring. And you will not imply or state that I do or have! do you understand me?

I would love a great big lick moving TWH no matter if he were flat shod. There is absolutely no proof that the locomotion of the bl is inherently harmful. I like the locomotion, and I prefer it.

I also like really fast Thoroughbreds and agile Jumpers aswell, I really like barrel racing AQH's and cutting horses aswell. I really like high stepping ASBs and Hackney's, I also really like refined Warmbloods with amazing controlled movement.

Yes, there is. It's anacdotal. There are no university level studies to support the anacdote.

On the other hand, do you really need a PhD to tell you that fire burns, water is wet, or the sky is blue? The reasons why might be the province of academic inquiry, but not the what.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cordial View Post
    Beg your pardon....it is not going on in Ohio. Where do you get your very wrong information???
    Beg your pardon...yes it is. I've seen it, I've known people who have done it, I've bought scarred up, lame horses to rehab out of training barns right here in Ohio. I hardly think you are qualified to speak for the goings-on of every barn in this state.

How can you definitively state that it isn't happening anywhere in Ohio? Are you the supreme ruler of horse people in our state? Are some great omnipotent being, aware of every happening in every barn across Ohio? You see what goes on in every barn, every stall, to every horse?

That is an effing stupid statement to make. Just because you think something, or are too cowardly to face the facts in front of you, doesn't make the rosy visions you keep in your head fact. Wake up lady. It's happening, it's been happening and it'll keep happening until people like you quit supporting this industry.

You are in some serious denial.

Then post them.
    I posted a study a few pages back.

It is really sad that when a person has a differing opinion that personal attacking is somehow ok....

Pads do not cause any harm. Prove that they do. Personally I am for a normal size though, I think it looks better.

I am not a fan of chains either but please prove where the use the legal weighted chains cause harm...

I have never defended nor ever promoted soring. And you will not imply or state that I do or have! do you understand me?

I would love a great big lick moving TWH no matter if he were flat shod. There is absolutely no proof that the locomotion of the bl is inherently harmful. I like the locomotion, and I prefer it.

I also like really fast Thoroughbreds and agile Jumpers aswell, I really like barrel racing AQH's and cutting horses aswell. I really like high stepping ASBs and Hackney's, I also really like refined Warmbloods with amazing controlled movement.
    WOW! No offense, but this is an open FORUM. If you don't like people implying things you better get off, because ORDERING people to not imply or state things about you is not going to do anything, you're not a Moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by GaitedGloryRider View Post
    Beg your pardon...yes it is. I've seen it, I've known people who have done it, I've bought scarred up, lame horses to rehab out of training barns right here in Ohio. I hardly think you are qualified to speak for the goings-on of every barn in this state.

How can you definitively state that it isn't happening anywhere in Ohio? Are you the supreme ruler of horse people in our state? Are some great omnipotent being, aware of every happening in every barn across Ohio? You see what goes on in every barn, every stall, to every horse?

That is an effing stupid statement to make. Just because you think something, or are too cowardly to face the facts in front of you, doesn't make the rosy visions you keep in your head fact. Wake up lady. It's happening, it's been happening and it'll keep happening until people like you quit supporting this industry.

You are in some serious denial.
    No, I am not in serious denial...are you? I know most of the people in Ohio that have TWH's, and I can assure that it is not going on in Ohio anymore. Most of the padded horses that belong to people that live in Ohio, are trained in the soulth and I can't speak for them.
    And as for me being effing stupid, I think that you are the effing stupid person who is posting comments that are not true. I have been showing in and around Ohio for many years, and Ohio has cleaned up their act, whether you believe that or not. Yes, there has been problems in the post...I NEVER denied that, but I know personally most of the people that show Walking horses( most of them pleasure horses) in Ohio, and your claims are untrue. And you Lady, are are totally liar!