The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 160 of 315 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 6295

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    Article XV in the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders' Association of America, TWHBEA in May 11th, 1935 states:
    The Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders' Association of America recognizes that it cannot dictate the rules of showing or standards of judgement of Plantation or Walking Horses, but records the prevailing opinion of its membership to the effect taht the Tennessee Walking Horse is primarily a utility horse and should be judged as a utility horse rather than as an ornamental toy. While it is natural and proper that the exhibitor of a horse in the show ring wishes his entry to show to the best advantage, there is no occasion to cut or set tails, ginger, fire, or otherwise primp the Walking Horse. Many of the finest Walking Horses are exhibited by owners who make daily practical use of them. The horse with cut and set tail is at a positive disadvantage on the plantation or farm. This Association would consider it unfair to penalize the owner who wishes to keep his horse in the most useful condition, and it hopes that in every case where two competitors are in every other respect of equal merit the horse in natural condition will be awarded the prize over that which is artificially primped. It is the belief of this Association that tail carriage and other points of style and beauty should be improved by careful breeding rather than by surgery
    Perhaps the Dicks' and others of their ilk are afraid they can't breed a champion TWH without all the fake "points of style and beauty" Like to see 'em try.

4 members found this post helpful.

i connect the dots,so here are some of the dots.

Dick,wm aka buddy,twh industry violation 99, Federal case in 99 with 8mo suspension,industry voilation again in 2000,unilateral sore in 2002.
    now here is the dots connection,Rodney Dick scar rule (2) 98 unilateral sore (3) 1998,unilateral sore 2001 scar rule in 2002 unilateral sore in 2004 and in 2005 than just this yr he was sited with a BAD IMAGE, could this be part of Bradley's family history.just connecting the dots.

can the TWH go back to 1935,and regain the respect it should have had for these past 40 yrs.

its a matter of public record folks

7 members found this post helpful.

Color not surprised, aarpaso.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    this thread has opened more horse lovers eyes to the truth about how the nunatural big lick is gotten from a nice gaited good tempered twh and its not pretty.its cold, cruel and heartless.and for someone to brag about a horse being stacked at 23 yrs of age is beyond heartless.there is not a word in the dictionary to explain how a human could be proud of doing that to a beautiful TWH.
    So, you think we are heartless and cruel. Really...how many horses of any breed are still showing a 23 years of age?? Then I suggest that you don't read any more of my posts since I am cruel and heartless, and Me thinks you are totally wrong on all of your opinions about Padded horses. THEY ARE NOT ALL SORE, . I will make a deal with you...I won't read your post, and you don't read mine.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Um, G, who appointed you official knuckle rapper? The "people" who are allowed to say what they think includes me, I believe.
    Nobody appointed me anything.

Nobody appointed you anything.

I just get disgusted with the folks who try and turn the discussion away from the central issue. It's not about you, me, BD, the Preacher, Cordial, or any other person. Comments like yours make it about the persons.

And I just hate whining.

G.

*Of course "wining" is perfectly acceptable.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

3 members found this post helpful.

Senator Robin Webb(KY-D) who was quite vocal at the recent TWHBEA meeting owns the Performance horses Air Force One and Showstopper. They showed at the NCWHA Championship show in Fletcher NC 10-4-12. Both horses got Scar Rule violations.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Maybe that was the point? To point out that healthy horses, in reasonable shoes cannot be competitive in this sport where ghastly stacks are par for the course? If you do not nail and band those monstrosities on the poor, willing horse’s feet, that you do not have a chance of decent result? Even if the horse is a fine animal – just not one that has had its feet mangled by man.

To show the contrast, of a NATURAL moving horse – against these horses who’s gaits have been created by artificial means?
    He might have made his point better if he had a. been turned out properly, and b. had a horse with any talent. CW is beautiful and would be a good trail horse. He however, can not walk correctly. Put him up against 90 other barefoot or keg shod natural horses pulled out of the pasture and he won't place high at all. He's beautiful, and seems pleasant natured, but he hitches in the front end and his strides just aren't there. Forget the rest of it for a moment. Put the horse in the class he belongs in and he still won't do well, regardless of who is riding, who owns him, or anything at all.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

5 members found this post helpful.

Well, I would like to see the rest of the class walk correctly - and not artificially. What is “correct” and wins is gut wrenching to watch to most educated horsemen (the ones not in trenched in this culture).

No stacks
    No chains
    No cut tails

I could never, ever imagine doing any of those things to a horse I loved. Horses get sore from a bad trim setting them at bad angles - these stacks basically put the horse's coffin bone in laminitis stance. You do not have to pour acid or purposely bruise the soles of a horse to make it sore.

What has to be done to, strapped onto, and trained into these horses to “walk correctly” for big lick is just sickening.

I applaud anyone for bring attention to the plight of the Tennessee Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Well, I would like to see the rest of the class walk correctly - and not artificially. What is “correct” and wins is gut wrenching to watch to most educated horsemen (the ones not in trenched in this culture).

No stacks
    No chains
    No cut tails

I could never, ever imagine doing any of those things to a horse I loved. Horses get sore from a bad trim setting them at bad angles - these stacks basically put the horse's coffin bone in laminitis stance. You do not have to pour acid or purposely bruise the soles of a horse to make it sore.

What has to be done to, strapped onto, and trained into these horses to “walk correctly” for big lick is just sickening.

I applaud anyone for bring attention to the plight of the Tennessee Walker.
    I am talking about 100% natural sound straight from the pasture yakishness (hairy, ungroomed-aunaturel ) would beat that horse. I'm not saying that he is a bad horse, I am saying that he is not what the epitome of the breed should be when it hits the ground. If he was wanting to showcase what the breed should be in his opinion, then find the best flat shod, walking shaking nodding horse you can find, clean him up to the inth degree, put the right danged saddle on him (which by the way is NOT a dressage saddle) and show your horse.

I have a lady I showed against for years (and lost to, not ashamed to admit it) that has a pasture full of babies-still on the mare babies-that walk better than CW. Big overstrides, good lift in the front, head nodding, walk a hole in the ground babies. Those babies are the real deal.

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

OH, Gnalli, I was so with you until the saddle BS.

If they can show them in a cutback, or a western saddle- and it's a walking horse, whyowhycan't they show him in a dressage saddle? It's just a saddle.

I show my TWH in gaited dressage and I've had countless people (trotting horse people) approach me to compliment his turnout and demeanor, AND to say some variant of 'I didn't know they could gait w/o all of that crap on their feet.' Different horses do different jobs representing the breed. I just wish I felt that CW was a representation of TWHs, not his owner's ego.

Agree that CW does not epitomize the ideal smooth moving big sweepy moving TWH. He's a pretty color and very kind, obviously, but no, he's not anywhere close to a top quality flat shod horse. It's too bad; The breed could use a legitimate ambassador without all the posturing and the baggage. It is a detriment to the breed that it's loudest 'advocate' is ... a loudmouth LOL

I really do not care if the horse was competitive in that freak show. I hope the media stays on this - and the abuse these horses endure comes to an end.

And that includes stacks.

it amazizas me how some post are ignored while others are picked apart by the big lickers.aren't you interested in the truth?

sore is sore and sound is sound.

You can't police what is commented on, AARPaso.

I'm not a big licker, FWIW. I own three keg shod TWHs/SSHs. The only showing I do is gaited dressage.

Sore is sore and sound is sound but wrong itself comes in many....flavors.

6 members found this post helpful.

did i say any name i just made a statement.or did i ask a question HMMMM

police

the only police needed are the ones that should have done their job and arrested Chad Way for what was done to IRONWORKS Tin Man at the celebration.

The 11 Tennessee District Attorneys General asked to do their job.

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/pr...3tsco.facebook
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

police

the only police needed are the ones that should have done their job and arrested Chad Way for what was done to IRONWORKS Tin Man at the celebration.
    Agreed on the ITM debacle.

are we doing yoga now? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

police

Agreed on the ITM debacle.

are we doing yoga now? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 members found this post helpful.

Word is that the Missouri State Fair is considering elimination of TWH Performance classes from its annual show because USEF is threatening to pull its rating from the show if big lick horses are allowed.

6 members found this post helpful.

If the "word" is true - it is good to read. Professional horsemen standing up and openly rejecting and shunning any association with the stacking crew has been too long in coming. And IMO it has been the missing force needed to shut this cruelty down - for good.

H.R. 6388!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    OH, Gnalli, I was so with you until the saddle BS.

If they can show them in a cutback, or a western saddle- and it's a walking horse, whyowhycan't they show him in a dressage saddle? It's just a saddle.

I show my TWH in gaited dressage and I've had countless people (trotting horse people) approach me to compliment his turnout and demeanor, AND to say some variant of 'I didn't know they could gait w/o all of that crap on their feet.' Different horses do different jobs representing the breed. I just wish I felt that CW was a representation of TWHs, not his owner's ego.

Agree that CW does not epitomize the ideal smooth moving big sweepy moving TWH. He's a pretty color and very kind, obviously, but no, he's not anywhere close to a top quality flat shod horse. It's too bad; The breed could use a legitimate ambassador without all the posturing and the baggage. It is a detriment to the breed that it's loudest 'advocate' is ... a loudmouth LOL
    Normally I would agree, but in that type of class, the cutback is the "norm". You would not have gone in that class with a western saddle, or a western pleasure class with a hunt seat is all I meant, nothing against the saddle itself.

Personally, I want a dressage saddle for me to piddle around in because they look so comfy.

2 members found this post helpful.