The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 159 of 315 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 6295

I am getting more than a little tired of Fairfax, Cordial, and Mr. Dick. Y'all are the ONLY people defending padded horses that have appeared on this thread. I, for one, do not buy for a MINUTE that padding the horses the way the Big Lick folks do - even without soring them - is anything but a cruel, barbaric, sadistic practice. You guys, if not any of the above, must be delusional. That is all. Go ahead and flame me.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGreen View Post
    I have more respect for Preacher than for just about anybody I've heard about in the fight for humane treatment of animals. He's not only going upstream against a culture of animal abuse but also upstream against people who have and express contempt for him because of his race. This, my friends, takes courage.
    People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones........Enough said about the preacher

1 members found this post helpful.

Bradley, if you have facts to share about Nathaniel Jackson, share them.

Nathaniel, your tooting and pooting is getting in the way of whatever facts you profess you wish to share.

Pare it down and spit it out or shut it up and sit it down.

Sirs.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    I am getting more than a little tired of Fairfax, Cordial, and Mr. Dick. Y'all are the ONLY people defending padded horses that have appeared on this thread. I, for one, do not buy for a MINUTE that padding the horses the way the Big Lick folks do - even without soring them - is anything but a cruel, barbaric, sadistic practice. You guys, if not any of the above, must be delusional. That is all. Go ahead and flame me.
    Then I suggest that when you see my name, just cruise right on by and don't bother to read my posts. I have the God-Given Right to defend my breed of choice, and will do so, and if you don't like it ...well, I don't give a damn. I believe in a sound horse, and that is where I stand!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Bradley, if you have facts to share about Nathaniel Jackson, share them.

Nathaniel, your tooting and pooting is getting in the way of whatever facts you Pare it down and spit it out or shut it up and sit it down.

Sirs.
    Great Post and so true.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGreen View Post
    I have more respect for Preacher than for just about anybody I've heard about in the fight for humane treatment of animals. He's not only going upstream against a culture of animal abuse but also upstream against people who have and express contempt for him because of his race. This, my friends, takes courage.
    Good one.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

2 members found this post helpful.

LOL at "defending a breed." It aint a breed cordial - stacks and chains are stacks and chains.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

More importantly, is there any way we can sneak a peek at the handouts from the meeting? I know this thread is about the abuse - but I would love to read and see some of the good stuff as well.

Any way to sneak a peek at the handout Preacher?

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Folks are allowed to voice their opinions and state what they believe are facts to support those opinions. You might want to "back off" on the "I'm tired of..." It just gives the abusers another way to try and deflect honest criticism by whining about "free speech." Which, by the way, has never been a hallmark of TWHBEA meetings. I, personally, remember Bob Cherry shutting down anybody who dared to question the wisdom of the Lords of the Basin.

This, by the way is not a "flame." It's a rhetorical "rap on the knuckles" for encouraging "thread drift."

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

3 members found this post helpful.

I know I’m going to get flamed for this but I’m going to say it anyhow.

Preacher, I find your choice of words to describe another poster with a differing opinion, Bradley “I don’t have a clue, but look at me, ain’t I smart” Dick to be interesting and somewhat ironic.

One could very easily make the argument that it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. I mean in the past you have chosen to spend thousands of dollars entering your horse in a competition in which it wasn’t competitive, not once, but twice. You had to know that the only way you were going to come out of the ring with a prize is if only nine other entries showed up, yet you supported the show by paying your high dollar entry fee and forced people to look at your horse in a class where it was clearly out of place.

While you might think that makes you smart, I’m willing bet that Mensa won’t be calling anytime soon asking you to bring the potato salad to their next picnic.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gringo View Post
    I mean in the past you have chosen to spend thousands of dollars entering your horse in a competition in which it wasn’t competitive, not once, but twice. You had to know that the only way you were going to come out of the ring with a prize is if only nine other entries showed up, yet you supported the show by paying your high dollar entry fee and forced people to look at your horse in a class where it was clearly out of place.

While you might think that makes you smart, I’m willing bet that Mensa won’t be calling anytime soon asking you to bring the potato salad to their next picnic.
    Maybe that was the point? To point out that healthy horses, in reasonable shoes cannot be competitive in this sport where ghastly stacks are par for the course? If you do not nail and band those monstrosities on the poor, willing horse’s feet, that you do not have a chance of decent result? Even if the horse is a fine animal – just not one that has had its feet mangled by man.

To show the contrast, of a NATURAL moving horse – against these horses who’s gaits have been created by artificial means?

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    The videos under the “featured barns” link are interesting.

Especially like the video posted 8-31, at 0:56 they introduce a “Main Power Filly, Just a Yearling for your consideration at Dick Peeble”. I thought, interesting! I want to see what gait in hand looks like.

Opps I was WONG, that yearling filling has a full grown large man riding her around in stacks and blinders

Good Job Preacher!

Oh FFS Gringo. Like you and your ilk have the balls to do anything against the grain. IME only extraordinary people have the courage to go it alone in a hostile environment. Humans like horses tend to move in herds for protection.

Big lick is blatant abuse like dog and cock fighting. But "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH". Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Suck it up and take it like a man/woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    The videos under the “featured barns” link are interesting.

Especially like the video posted 8-31, at 0:56 they introduce a “Main Power Filly, Just a Yearling for your consideration at Dick Peeble”. I thought, interesting! I want to see what gait in hand looks like.

Opps I was WONG, that yearling filling has a full grown large man riding her around in stacks and blinders
    Where's the puking smiley when you need it? The torque on those little baby legs.o_O So many people must have had lobotomies or...or..or maybe they are zombies and we are in the midst of the zombie apocalypse.

5 members found this post helpful.

this thread has opened more horse lovers eyes to the truth about how the nunatural big lick is gotten from a nice gaited good tempered twh and its not pretty.its cold, cruel and heartless.and for someone to brag about a horse being stacked at 23 yrs of age is beyond heartless.there is not a word in the dictionary to explain how a human could be proud of doing that to a beautiful TWH.

10 members found this post helpful.

Article XV in the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders' Association of America, TWHBEA in May 11th, 1935 states:
    The Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders' Association of America recognizes that it cannot dictate the rules of showing or standards of judgement of Plantation or Walking Horses, but records the prevailing opinion of its membership to the effect taht the Tennessee Walking Horse is primarily a utility horse and should be judged as a utility horse rather than as an ornamental toy. While it is natural and proper that the exhibitor of a horse in the show ring wishes his entry to show to the best advantage, there is no occasion to cut or set tails, ginger, fire, or otherwise primp the Walking Horse. Many of the finest Walking Horses are exhibited by owners who make daily practical use of them. The horse with cut and set tail is at a positive disadvantage on the plantation or farm. This Association would consider it unfair to penalize the owner who wishes to keep his horse in the most useful condition, and it hopes that in every case where two competitors are in every other respect of equal merit the horse in natural condition will be awarded the prize over that which is artificially primped. It is the belief of this Association that tail carriage and other points of style and beauty should be improved by careful breeding rather than by surgery

^ ^ TWHBEA sure fell to hands in complete opposition of this tenet. Videos of their meeting sure show that to be the case.

But, if tumultuous change happened once - it can happen again - hopefully this time for the good.

Good one Walknsound - nice to read of the emphasis on breeding.

TFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Folks are allowed to voice their opinions and state what they believe are facts to support those opinions. You might want to "back off" on the "I'm tired of..." It just gives the abusers another way to try and deflect honest criticism by whining about "free speech." Which, by the way, has never been a hallmark of TWHBEA meetings. I, personally, remember Bob Cherry shutting down anybody who dared to question the wisdom of the Lords of the Basin.

This, by the way is not a "flame." It's a rhetorical "rap on the knuckles" for encouraging "thread drift."

G.
    Um, G, who appointed you official knuckle rapper? The "people" who are allowed to say what they think includes me, I believe.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!