The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 158 of 315 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 6295

Write On! Mr Exum.. WRITE ON! You Go Roy!

Glad to read AVMA is not backing down. And if that picture don't tell the story - well walknsound sure sings the song!

But I tell you what - before they turn to absolute dust - I hope the TWHBEA breed registry gets more than a few horses that bear Mr Exum's name. Along with a couple of Mr Chester Gipson's!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

4 members found this post helpful.

Here is the video that inspired the lyrics.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvw1TY-AYhU

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    SORED HORSE PRISON BLUES
    I hear the trainer comin’, he’s coming down the aisle,
    And I ain’t seen the sunshine for a very long, long while.
    I’m stuck in Sore Horse Prison and time keeps dragging on,
    But that trainer keeps on comin’, comin’ to break me down.

When I was just a baby, my mama told me, son
    Always be a good boy, just let them think they’ve won,
    But I kicked a trainer’s face in … just to watch him die
    But those trainers keep on comin’, now I just stand and cry.

I’ll bet there’s rich folk drinkin',
    their cocktails while they wait,
    They don’t seem to care ‘bout much, except my big lick gait,
    They say it doesn’t hurt me, I know I can’t be free
    And those trainers keep on soring and they’re who torture me.

If they freed me from this prison, these chemicals and chains
    I’d show ‘em I’d walk beautifully without this constant pain.
    I’d flat walk from this prison, that’s where I’d want to stay
    And I’d live without this torture and dream my blues away.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

3 members found this post helpful.

And yet that horse was inspected for 20 minutes by the USDA before being allowed to enter the ring and passed flawlessly... I know how long it took because I was there, watching the inspection, the trainer is my brother.

thehorse.com puts their 2 cents worth in.

http://cs.thehorse.com/blogs/aaep-co...de-soring.aspx

(giving my following of thumbsdowners some fodder) LOL
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

6 members found this post helpful.

A "thumbs up" to this poster from the above article:

TWH associations can change the judging criteria and eliminate it tomorrow, if they so desired. Full disclosure of training practices to the public would help as well. Get things out from behind closed doors and it is amazing what will change right away. They could, for example, permanently pull the registration papers from any horse tested positive for soring - effectively retiring the horse to a non-breeding pleasure horse life. Owners would have incentive to keep check on their trainers.

Dana
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

5 members found this post helpful.

Default Four Flusher

[B]Noun 1. Four-Flusher - a person who tries to bluff other people, bluffer, beguiler, cheater, deceiver, trickster, slicker, cheat - someone who leads you to believe something that is not true ~~~ makes false or pretentious claims

Our Four Flusher will be revealed as you read ~~~

I am late in reporting my take on the meetings at The TWHBEA International Board of Director's year end meeting this past weekend.

This is my accounting;

Friday 12/30/2102
    DING! DING! DING!

It went the full 15 rounds…

The air and atmosphere was pensive with the anticipation of today’s meeting of the Membership and International Board of Director's Meeting. The large room was filled.

President Irby went through the steps of the meeting under Robert’s Rules of Order…When he got to “Old Business”

Director from Oka Cris VanHorn took the podium and said that at last May from the floor, The Board under the Owner’s and Exhibitors Committee had tasked her and Jennie to write a Breed and Gait Description and present it to the IBOD (International Board of Directors) at this meeting.

As she spoke I passed out copies to everyone in the room. She asked that after folks got a chance to go over she would like to move to have it sent into appropriate committee for the next step of working on it.

Now, I have been somewhat cordial and amenable for some time with the people who sought to argue their point for the Padded and Chained Horse. But today I resolved to take my gloves off to a couple of them.

The first person to the podium to take the mic ~~~
    Bradley “I don’t have a clue, but look at me, ain’t I smart” Dick and said “I make a motion to kill this”

Now I do not have a problem and actually enjoy intelligent, informed and reasonable arguments, debates and discussions over an issue, but ignorance for the sake of being contentious gets my goat.

He said "I wanna kill it as it is" ~~~ so now this is now a motion on the floor to be dealt with.

Backstory leading to this day’s “I’ve had enough of y’all's mess!” attitude I now have.

The day before I attended the Bylaws Committee, Director Fran Cole from Calif presented to the committee with what she said was over 100 hours of work in going through our bylaws for the purpose of straightening it out, updating it, improving it and making it simpler.

Bradley and now Denise “you gonna have to shoot me and my horses before I stop!” Rowland both got up and asked that it be killed and not accepted as it was.

Both of them in tones of pure defiance, y’all know that person, you work with em, have to deal with them, go to church with em, make you lose your mind and need to go to yo knees and ask God for forgiveness of what you say and feel. worry you to death if you let em! We all know at least two of em in our lives !!!

The ink was barely dry on either of these projects and for the sake that Flatters presented it was enough for them to trash it.

I started to feel a roiling in my gut that these people DID NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE HORSE, THE TWHBEA OR THE INDUSTRY !

Told you I had enough, gonna have calluses on my knees in the mornin LOL!

This was apparently a deep seeded TWH Southern thing that these two were operating from, their mindset was this:

“You are not gonna tell me what to do and I will do everything in my power to stop you and if I cannot stop you I will sabotage anything and everything you people try to do!!!” ..

Came close to making Fran cry, shoot it was just being presented for the comm to work on, agree to the edits, and pass it on to the EC then to the board.

It was clear, obvious and filled the room with a distasteful animosity even from folks that were for the padded horse felt, it left you with a bad aluminum like taste in your mouth.

There was not one constructive thing either one of them said in the 3 days I was there. NOT ONE!

I’ll show ya ~~`

Fast forward to Friday’s meeting where I started this post

~~~~In my meeting I then took the mic after Bradley “I don’t have a clue, but look at me, ain’t I smart” Dick asking God in every breath and step towards the dais to help me keep my cool “Please, God, don’t let me lose it on these fools in front of all these people!”

Took a deep breath, paused and said that we had spent over a half of year going through every major organization's definitions of what our breed standard was and the basic gaits of the TWH. There were over 11 definitions for one horse. The same horse

This was for the keg shod, or barefoot horse, nothing to do with gaits for classes, rather if someone were to call in as ask for information of what a TWH was we could present them with a standardized description of the foundational TWH and the foundational basic gaits.

It covered over conformation, description and gaits. That every other breed of horse in the world has, stating what makes this horse a TWH and not a quarter horse. i.e. what’s the different between a ford and Chevy, they’re both car, but they are put together differently

At this current time there are no less than 11 different descriptions out there for ONE HORSE!!!

I’m trying to unify them ~~~ its like being in the Army and every unit marches differently,

We need to be standardized, so what one organization has is the same as everyone else for the same breed of horse.

But the way things are done by the humans in this breed makes us look like we have just come walkin out of some cave with our knuckles draggin on the ground! We are that backwards and in many ways naive.

So I take the podium, I turned, looked at him and ask if he read em.."yeah, just now and as it is I don’t want it and want I killed…"

THAT’S IT!...”Man if you would get up off you butt and help us develop this instead of knocking the hard work of volunteers, who have taken this horse seriously enough to give their time to this!... it could be the way you think it should be"

He stood there with this dumbfounded look on his face the only person in the room with a hat or cap on, some silly bubba molded red baseball cap.

Well, I was called back to order and dude was lucky that I couldn’t have taken one step and got in his face..yeah, I lost it!

Don’t we all know that person in our lives with their smug, contemptuous attitude, will make you lose your glory …that’s for sure!!!

Oh man, I gotta go ~~~ well, this is pretty long anyways
    so I will pick up when I can get back here…I’m sorry!
    The Preacher

Friday 12/30/2102
    DING! DING! DING!
    It went the full 15 rounds… (Con’t)

Cris VanHorn took the mic again and reiterated that what we are presenting today is a framework to get us started at developing a standard, the next step was to go to committee and the edit, agree then send it on to the Exec comm….then to the IBOD for adoption…

Scot McGregor got up to the mic and stated that in its present form the proposal was pretty good as a starting point and we should let it go to comm….

Bradley Dick got back to the mic and withdrew his motion to allow it go to comm for review. He finally sat his ignorant (lack of knowledge) butt down~~~

(More to come if you care to read on)

In the mean time...go to my website here:

http://www.walkinonranch.com

and look at the picture on the top right I just posted...THIS is what Cordial, and Bradley “I don’t have a clue, but look at me, ain’t I smart” Dick want to defend and keep ~~~

Do you think they HAVE THE RIGHT as they always claim to have this and continue on?

6 members found this post helpful.

Preacher - please keep those reports and links to your work coming. I am learning the most from your perspectives. And I am learning more than just the ins and outs of the TWH.

Gotta say you are one of the best proponents for the TWH and getting that breed out of the grips of the chained stacker crew. Long time ago you chose a good path and you did not just rest your laurels on a great effort - you stayed the course. A very important course, with tons of thrown down gauntlets to defeat and overcome.

You (and your family) will always be tops on my list as one who put yourself out there and lead by example. Yes you get a few punches now and then. But through humbleness and humility mixed with pride and purpose you are winning the folks over that matter. You are gettin it done by doing it and staying right in the thick of things.

And one day the many who are right there with you will also rise to be recognized and will make that great day happen.

They will liberate the Walking horse.

I did not withdraw the motion I made an amendment that what was proposed needed to be changed. I wanted it to not even be considered as it was written so sending it to commettee did just that, kill it as it was written because what was proposed was FLAWED. Nathan your personal insults shows the real character of you and a person with a history like you do you sure do, do a lot of insulting. Do these people even know your legal recorded past?

2 members found this post helpful.

BD - Lordy you like to twist things - kinda goes with the label you wear so proudly and the crowd you run with.

"It" was submitted in order to be sent to committee - your "action" did nothing to stop the submission.

Silly man.

7 members found this post helpful.

You know what, Bradley Dick? You might as well quit posting on this thread. Nobody believes you. YOU and people like you ARE the problem. Period.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

8 members found this post helpful.

i have begun to connect the dots,of those elected at the TWHBEA meeting and it makes me ill.the number of HPA violators and if they don't have voilations themselves they are connected to family( STOUT) or trainers that do.its still the Jackie McConnell mentality at TWHBEA do what ever it takes to get my name on the wall of shame.

Default Rarely are self proclaimed preachers, Men of the Cloth.....Ernest Holmes

Preacher

Other than self serving clap trap, your post is neither informative nor profound

I am AGAINST soring so please don't try and forgive my soul as I see through your ongoing assaults on others in the name of a higher source.

Your quote:,..,. I make a motion to kill this

Different nuance than your next statement..

"He said..I wanna kill this as it is"

VERY DIFFERENT.

One ends the motion...the other asks for debate..

Parliamentary procedure does NOT care if the word is kill, destroy, stop, remove etc.

As a participant at that meeting..you could have OBJECTED to the motion to either kill the bill or kill the kill AS IT IS....

Very different...

Of course,,,,you, a self proclaimed preacher can state the following about another:

“I don’t have a clue, but look at me, ain’t I smart”

As members on COTH so regularly tell me...oooo oooo ooo you say such hurtful things Leo...how dare you...and yet..

A self proclaimed preacher can say anything with impunity meanwhile giving forth an impression that HE is the victim here.

But wait...it gets better... Mind sets TALK....is this what is meant by "a talking heads"

As a man of the cloth and a man who actively proclaims forgive them...you insert YOUR interpretations of what they are thinking, statements you think could be attributed to them and so on.

As for on your knees...perhaps it should be: Preacher....get your own house in order before you demand others do it.

Of course you have an obligation to eliminate soring

However...you seem to be taking on the attitude of the political left. Scream that others are insulting you and impeding your agenda while you are insulting and screaming they have no right for an agenda.

Next time you are on your knees I hope you also have a Bible in your hand.

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers

hurley he(BD) is a twisted human thinking that what he and his brother do to the walking horse is right and normal.if he would do that to a horse what else would a human like that do?? sick twisted b------ D

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyDick View Post
    And yet that horse was inspected for 20 minutes by the USDA before being allowed to enter the ring and passed flawlessly... I know how long it took because I was there, watching the inspection, the trainer is my brother.
    i was well aware you dicks are related.

ff its u again blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyDick View Post
    I did not withdraw the motion I made an amendment that what was proposed needed to be changed. I wanted it to not even be considered as it was written so sending it to commettee did just that, kill it as it was written because what was proposed was FLAWED. Nathan your personal insults shows the real character of you and a person with a history like you do you sure do, do a lot of insulting. Do these people even know your legal recorded past?
    Ya know, even if he did insult you, which I don't think he did, you DESERVE to be insulted for supporting barbaric cruelty to horses.

Maybe it's time to get Joe Friday as a moderator, here, and say:

Just the facts, please.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Thank you for reading my post.

If there is any part you didn't understand please pm me so I can help you rather than you just putting your foot in mouth in public

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Preacher

Other than self serving clap trap, your post is neither informative nor profound

I am AGAINST soring so please don't try and forgive my soul as I see through your ongoing assaults on others in the name of a higher source.

Your quote:,..,. I make a motion to kill this

Different nuance than your next statement..

"He said..I wanna kill this as it is"

VERY DIFFERENT.

One ends the motion...the other asks for debate..

Parliamentary procedure does NOT care if the word is kill, destroy, stop, remove etc.

As a participant at that meeting..you could have OBJECTED to the motion to either kill the bill or kill the kill AS IT IS....

Very different...

Of course,,,,you, a self proclaimed preacher can state the following about another:

“I don’t have a clue, but look at me, ain’t I smart”

As members on COTH so regularly tell me...oooo oooo ooo you say such hurtful things Leo...how dare you...and yet..

A self proclaimed preacher can say anything with impunity meanwhile giving forth an impression that HE is the victim here.

But wait...it gets better... Mind sets TALK....is this what is meant by "a talking heads"

As a man of the cloth and a man who actively proclaims forgive them...you insert YOUR interpretations of what they are thinking, statements you think could be attributed to them and so on.

As for on your knees...perhaps it should be: Preacher....get your own house in order before you demand others do it.

Of course you have an obligation to eliminate soring

However...you seem to be taking on the attitude of the political left. Scream that others are insulting you and impeding your agenda while you are insulting and screaming they have no right for an agenda.

Next time you are on your knees I hope you also have a Bible in your hand.

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers
    Good post Fairfax. For some reason Mr.(fake) Preacher claims he knows what I am defending...huh? We have a 23 year old Padded (sound) TWH, AND because we own this wonderful animal (Mr. Fake Preacher, claims I am in favor of soring and abusing Twh's. He has no idea what the H@ll he's talking about when it comes to me and our horses. I am against soring as much as he claims to be, but quite honestly, have no problems with the big shoes and chains. Our horse is still in the ring and showing...big shoes and all!!!
    Also talked to several people who were at this meeting, and even the people who are against the padded horse and want reform, think that Mr.Preacher is a big fat pain in the arse, and pretty much just ignore him!! He has no credibility..none!

2 members found this post helpful.

I have more respect for Preacher than for just about anybody I've heard about in the fight for humane treatment of animals. He's not only going upstream against a culture of animal abuse but also upstream against people who have and express contempt for him because of his race. This, my friends, takes courage.

7 members found this post helpful.