The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 151 of 315 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 6295

i would like to correct something this is a quest not a hunt.BD ya got alot a reading to do have at it.

name the horse in the accident that just stepped on its self.

3 members found this post helpful.

No I'm not going to name anyone. And I don't have any reading to catch up on.

Quote Originally Posted by nashfad View Post
    I have... ...seen this happen many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by cordial View Post
    I have seen this injury more then once... Most of the time the hoof grows back and there is no lasting injury
    Seriously? These are among the most horrifyingly callous attitudes I have seen on CoTH. So the proponents of this practice see hooves, toes, parts of hooves break off "many times," and apparently, it is simply an acceptable annoyance. "Most of the time... ...there is no lasting injury" means of the "many times" it happens, a good number are permanently lamed or worse.

How "many times" do you have to witness this stuff to become numb to the cruelty of it?

6 members found this post helpful.

Well said PeteyPie, thank you.

4 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Petey Pie for bringing pointing that out. This thread has opened the eyes of many COTHers who have gotten busy contacting their congressmen. It does not matter how vocal the small handful of pro BigLickers are now on this thread. The cat is out of the bag. The next few months will show whether the outrage of horse people across the US and the oceans will bring an end to performance TWHs. So post away you Big Lick fans. Shrug your shoulders when a horse resections his hoof when the pads get ripped off taking hoof wall with them. And justify stacking young growing horses. Have at it. We can sit here and see what makes Big Lickers tick.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

2 members found this post helpful.

PeteyPie, I cannot tell someone else that they cannot put their horse on pads--------that is beyond my control. Honestly, I have never seen a horse of any other breed break their toe off like I have seen in the padded horses. I've seen a pad pulled by a hind foot. I can only control what is on the foot of my horse.

1 members found this post helpful.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPie View Post
    Seriously? These are among the most horrifyingly callous attitudes I have seen on CoTH. So the proponents of this practice see hooves, toes, parts of hooves break off "many times," and apparently, it is simply an acceptable annoyance. "Most of the time... ...there is no lasting injury" means of the "many times" it happens, a good number are permanently lamed or worse.

How "many times" do you have to witness this stuff to become numb to the cruelty of it?
    Wow, how stupid can a person be....do you think that is the only breed where I've seen a toe or a hoof breakoff..Get serious!

Wow, how stupid can a person be....do you think that is the only breed where I've seen a toe or a hoof breakoff..Get serious!
    Well, you've stated that posters with opposing opinions are name calling. What I actually read is you calling aarpaso nasty and me stupid....

As to the issue at hand, please do tell; it would be fascinating to hear about all the times you've seen a toe or a hoof "breakoff". I did not mention horse breeds at all; the issue is soring and stacking. So please, enlighten us.

5 members found this post helpful.

to have the AVMA and the AAEP stand up and be counted in support of HR6388 speaks volumes,92k screams loud and clear that Stacks and Packages action devices are harmful to the TWH period.

what if a twh with a hpa suspension could not get a coggins drawn or a health cert now that would put a fly in the ointment. no coggins no show right

Welcome, Bradley, to the Train Wreck that has been going on and off for a very long time. When anybody dares to come on here to defend the Padded horse that person is called many nasty names. There are many people that refuse to come on here and defend the padded horse any more for that reason. I have tried, but it is like trying to argue with a blank wall. You are a perfect person to come on here, and try and talk in defense of our beautiful TWH's, but you will probably be called out and called vile names as well! Good luck, Bradley...this group of Anti's is on a witch hunt!
    That's because there is no defense. The padding of a horse is a totally unnecessary, ego boosting, artificial technique that does nothing to promote to the usefulness, comfort or beauty of the Walking Horse. JMHO

Good Sunday Mornin Everybody;

Here? I'm still dealing with great food from last Thursday, all the grands left last night for home, so now it my gurlfriend and me again

I would say to my friends here about folks speaking out in support of what they want, believe and hold dear to themselves. I have done that myself for many, many years in this industry.

So it does not bother me to see folks here speaking their minds...it's okay everybody, ya see, this is what I have learned from reading, debating and disagreeing with their other side.

The more they fight and put their argument out here, the better I become in dispelling, and debunking their arguments. So when someone ask me "Hey, I'm new to these issues, what's it all about?"

I have at my side like a sword to be pulled out, my argument against what they want to do and for the movements to end it all.

Now, I've dealt with Bradley on several different groups for sometime, he, bless his heart, understands that its not gonna be the same and business as usual for the padded division.

What he does is surf all over the net, invite himself to join groups or chats, to disrupt the movement by posting apologetic ideas, responses and objections to what that group is trying to accomplish,

Yet, many of us also know of this young man is that he has a group that he claims is open to the opinions, thoughts and communication by anyone interested in the TWH. However, if you speak against the Big Lick, ~~~ after they beat ya up, call ya every name but a Child of God, he kicks you off the group.

THEN, he runs over to your group and argues his point of view, ya see, on his group, if our argument is founded in truth and wisdom, it makes some of those people go "Hmmmm, he just may be right" and that is contrary to what they want.

I know that to be true because I get so many private messages saying that I had convinced them and they are now looking at the issues from a different point of view.

But Bradley, sees the numbers here, he understands that this group is a powerful, intelligent and savvy group. This scares him because he did not realize just how many people around the world is against what he believes in.

So don't let him get under your skin, if he or the other lickers here make a point that you do not agree with, answer them not with harshness, anger, personal name calling, rather, inject your understanding of whatever they just said....and keep them engaged in conversation until there is nothing else to say, they stop, or walk away.

I've watched for a long time Cordial, bless their heart, you gotta love it that they believe so strongly in what the believe that they continue to take all of the world on. I so understand and know that position because that I what I've been doing for years.

You know in martial arts many of them teach you how to take your opponent and use their own self against them to your advantage, every time they open their mouths, (hand to the keyboard) I take what they say and analyze it, categorize it, and then use that against the point they were trying to make.

So I join Cordial in welcoming Bradley, be nice here Bradley, or you'll get get me on your case, of which you know has never been pleasant for you.

5 members found this post helpful.

Thank you Preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    That's because there is no defense. The padding of a horse is a totally unnecessary, ego boosting, artificial technique that does nothing to promote to the usefulness, comfort or beauty of the Walking Horse. JMHO
    So what! That's what horse showing is all about! Of any disipline....

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/11/...ed-People.aspx

Roy Exum: ‘Evil, Twisted, Inbred People’
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 - by Roy Exum

There is a respected equine magazine in Great Britain called “Horse & Hound” and earlier this week the current issue included a story entitled, “Tennessee Walking Horse ‘Torturer’ Escapes Jail.” The story was one of many that were generated from a Federal Court sentencing that was decreed in Chattanooga in mid-September and left animal advocates fuming. But if you think Americans are mad – just wait!

The magazine, which showed a picture of a magnificent Tennessee Walker, wrote, “A Tennessee walking horse trainer has been sentenced to three years’ probation and fined $75,000 (£47,070) for “soring” horses — an illegal practice which causes walking horses to lift their legs higher for shows.

“Jackie McConnell was charged with 52 counts of violating of the Horse Protection Act (HPA),” the magazine explained the Sept. 18 sentencing in Chattanooga. “I take responsibility for what I’ve done,’ (McConnell) said,” but that was hardly good enough for European horse lovers.

While the sentencing took place two months ago, what I want you to do is to read the comments of the British readers who replied to the “Horse & Hound” report. Here we go:

BECCY HARRIS -- “This is appalling. Why no jail time? I have never seen anything more disturbing that that undercover video, and simply can't understand why this man wasn't locked away. DISGUSTING!”

NIKKY JONES – “Ridiculous! The old boy network strikes again.....poor bloody horses.”

SHARON MONAGHAN – “He should of got prison and whilst in there, chemicals poured on his feet, beat up the face and electric prodes stuck in him. The world is a painful cruel place for animals. Evil at his best, but then why not? Sure the punishment is harmless. The horses look awkward and uncomfortable walking like this. I don't understand why you would be interested in something like this.”

TRACY KERR -- “Yet again the law lets down these magnificent animals, if the maximum sentence is five years why do these judges pussy foot around? Just slap the maximum on them and maybe (and only maybe) people would think twice, but probably not, as they are evil, sly, morons who think they'll never been brought to justice.....Appalled!”

CHARLOTTE REDFERN -- “Should have been ordered to pay back all of his winnings and earnings associated with these poor horses. When the winnings for these competitions are up to $250,000, his fine was peanuts!”

STACEY GOBBY COBBY STEEL -- “I just cried. Everyone involved in this sport including the organisers and judges must know what goes on to make the horses to this. Horrible!”

FARREN MINNS – “That’s awful. Makes me sick.”

SHARON BRADY -- “Nice to see it was taken seriously … NOT!”

KIMI BRADY – “This is crazy!”

RACHEL MOLLOY – “Absolutely sickening.”

LAYLA WALKER -- “Evil, twisted, inbred people.... they do not deserve to be near a horse, let alone own them.”

RACHEL MOLLOY – “I saw (the video) some time ago and it actually gave me nightmares, really couldnt watch it again … so, so sad.”

VICKI MARIS – “Shameful and disgusting.”

JANE SUGDEN – “Well, that just shows you what people in America think of horses. Why do they think they know how to run the world - perhaps they did not know 'my kingdom for a horse'?”

ALISON MACKEY -- “I usually don't comment on things, but I am an English person living in America, and I feel your comment is pretty unfair. England has it fair share of animal abusers, seems every week in the Horse and Hound there are reports of animals cruelty. Yes, this man needs to locked up and the key thrown away, it’s a barbaric practice for sure, but please, don't judge the American equestrian folk on this man actions...”

ANNIE SHAW, San Francisco, California – “I have to say my feeling as a Brit living in the US is that US sentencing is much more lax than UK.”

STEPHANIE LOMAX – “No justice has been served at all!”

ANNIE CASS – “This man was producing a product to a specific market, and although his methods were at the extreme end of the spectrum, others are doing similar things in good conscience because of what they think the judges of their classes want to see. As horse-people we need to make sure that whatever we do with our horses always benefits (the horse.) This should include show classes. And yes, this man and any like him should be PROPERLY punished for what they do, in a manner that ensures they NEVER do it again.”

MAUREEN CLEIRING – “Years ago it was 'gingering,’ ‘blistering' and dosing with arsenic. People who do this to our wonderful equine friend’s therapists and colleagues should have the same done to them. I would volunteer to administer!”

NIKKI ROBINSON – “Disgusting - I am appalled that he has got off so lightly. He deserves to be jailed, fined and banned from keeping animals for life – oh, and lets pour a bit of diesel fuel or mustard oil on him, wrap him in cling-flim and shock him on the nose with a pig-poke for good measure... Vile piece of humanity.”

KATHY SLIVKA – “Unbelievable...where are the laws to protect our innocent horses? If the maximum sentence was 5 years in prison, then his (butt) should be sitting in prison and paying $250,000 which, by the way, he earned by abusing the horses. I guess everyone can be bought off with the right price. I am nauseated!”

SHEILA McDANIEL (from Austria) – “I think he should have been sent to the worst prison where he would have experienced the fear these poor animals have had to endure.”

JENNY LUCK – “Disgusting man! And there are plenty more over there doing the same thing!”

PAM CARY (at the University of New Hampshire) – “That's the American justice system for you....”

Oh, what the Brits think of Americans today, especially those “Big Lickers” who have used greed to sully the magnificent name of the Tennessee Walking Horse. Please write your state and national representatives to join the American Veterinary Medical Association and many other equine groups to halt abuse of horses. Notify your sheriff of any suspected animal abuse and petition our president on the website “We the People” to send a military drone to Shelbyville if that what it takes to clean up a despicable industry.

We can no longer continue to be thought of as “evil, twisted, inbred people” because of the few who are.

royexum@aol.com
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    Good Sunday Mornin Everybody;

Here? I'm still dealing with great food from last Thursday, all the grands left last night for home, so now it my gurlfriend and me again

I would say to my friends here about folks speaking out in support of what they want, believe and hold dear to themselves. I have done that myself for many, many years in this industry.

So it does not bother me to see folks here speaking their minds...it's okay everybody, ya see, this is what I have learned from reading, debating and disagreeing with their other side.

The more they fight and put their argument out here, the better I become in dispelling, and debunking their arguments. So when someone ask me "Hey, I'm new to these issues, what's it all about?"

I have at my side like a sword to be pulled out, my argument against what they want to do and for the movements to end it all.

Now, I've dealt with Bradley on several different groups for sometime, he, bless his heart, understands that its not gonna be the same and business as usual for the padded division.

What he does is surf all over the net, invite himself to join groups or chats, to disrupt the movement by posting apologetic ideas, responses and objections to what that group is trying to accomplish,

Yet, many of us also know of this young man is that he has a group that he claims is open to the opinions, thoughts and communication by anyone interested in the TWH. However, if you speak against the Big Lick, ~~~ after they beat ya up, call ya every name but a Child of God, he kicks you off the group.

THEN, he runs over to your group and argues his point of view, ya see, on his group, if our argument is founded in truth and wisdom, it makes some of those people go "Hmmmm, he just may be right" and that is contrary to what they want.

I know that to be true because I get so many private messages saying that I had convinced them and they are now looking at the issues from a different point of view.

But Bradley, sees the numbers here, he understands that this group is a powerful, intelligent and savvy group. This scares him because he did not realize just how many people around the world is against what he believes in.

So don't let him get under your skin, if he or the other lickers here make a point that you do not agree with, answer them not with harshness, anger, personal name calling, rather, inject your understanding of whatever they just said....and keep them engaged in conversation until there is nothing else to say, they stop, or walk away.

I've watched for a long time Cordial, bless their heart, you gotta love it that they believe so strongly in what the believe that they continue to take all of the world on. I so understand and know that position because that I what I've been doing for years.

You know in martial arts many of them teach you how to take your opponent and use their own self against them to your advantage, every time they open their mouths, (hand to the keyboard) I take what they say and analyze it, categorize it, and then use that against the point they were trying to make.

So I join Cordial in welcoming Bradley, be nice here Bradley, or you'll get get me on your case, of which you know has never been pleasant for you.
    I don't know Bradley personally, but know who he is, and what he is all about. He knows more about the TWH industry then all you posters put together, and can answer your question very well, so I suggest that you fire away and ask him anything and everthing you have ever wanted to know about the Padded horses. You might be sureprised at some of the answers!

Oh it's quite clear what Dick is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    Oh it's quite clear what Dick is all about.
    Oh, really and what would that be? Please enlighten us...inquiring minds want to know!

Oh please! Don't play the ignorance game, it's become quite old.

Oh, really and what would that be? Please enlighten us...inquiring minds want to know!
    Is he a photographer that specializes in photographing Walkers?

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

FYI to the Lickers here. Get off the track, this sound train ain't stopping, it will run you right over. On second thought---stay where you are, see what happens.