The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Where to Find PONY Sized Things?

Where on earth are all of you with adorable bitty ponies finding their teeny tiny accoutrements? This summer we're hoping to take my tiny pony to her first event, and she needs a few things first! I'm talking pony pads, boots for XC, and we might as well get her some new polos for schooling while we're at it- please, feel free to add to the list

Where does everyone get their ~12hh sized things? We have tack and a couple of pads (though nothing in bright aqua!), but it's time to outfit this pony to the max!

---
    They're small hearts.

I second justforponies. Love them. I usually check there first when I'm looking for something.

Greenhawk.com

They have a good selection of pony items, and it usually seems to be priced less than the horse sized stuff. It's worth an order just for the bell boots, 7$ a pair for double velcro ribbed bell boots...
    Freedom is the ability not to care what the other person thinks...

Got air?! Member of the Asthmatic Riders Clique

I triple-recommend Just for Ponies. Great selection and awesome customer service.

Just for ponies is awesome!

Just For Ponies is excellent.

I've also had some luck with Bit of Britain for small xc boots.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

If you're looking for something like the Premier boots, if you order directly from the UK distributer you can get the smalls, AND for cheaper (including shipping) than you can in the US

I have a tiny pony, so we look all OVER. I've started just ordering from the UK honestly, or finding custom stuff on eBay now! Also, size small Nunn Finer boots fit a TINY leg, as well as the Roma molded boots in a small!

I have a tiny pony too. Actually my tiny pony is much tinier than her tiny pony. Ner ner nah ner ner. I never had much luck with JustForPonies, I just keep a sharp eye on ebay. And a couple of weeks ago Custom Saddlery had a closeout on jumping boots and one of the few pairs they had left were in Tiny Pony size in Lilac. Squeee ! She wears black Woof XC boots XC because she looks hardcore in them.

Just For Ponies. Best customer service I have ever received In. My. Life. Not just in the horsey industry, but EVER.

I had placed an order for our little 10.2h Shetland - needed to completely outfit him for my then 6 year old daughter. Even though I measured 3 times I still would have gotten it wrong had the owner not CALLED me personally to check sizes. He ended up selling me a bridle that actually cost less than the one I would have purchased, but everything was spot on and fit perfectly. Thus he bought himself a devoted customer for life.
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Love Just For Ponies, and Warren provides terrific service! I've been using their website for 10 years for various ponies, and have always been very pleased. I also buy a lot of things in England since they have a much better selection for ponies.

An FYI about the Premier boots. Have them and love them, but the smalls would be much too big for a 12hh pony. We use them on a 14.2hh pony.

I like the Eskadron brand for pony products, particularly boots. My daughter is out of ponies now, but I ordered quite a few things from Calevo http://www.calevo.com/cgi-bin/calevo..._arg=gamaschen It seems like almost everything comes in pony and horse sizes. You have to calculate the total cost to be sure that it makes sense to buy there. When I bought items the delivery was quick and the cost less than a purchase here at a tack shop. YMMV.
    It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up.

http://chronicleofmyhorse.ning.com/profile/fallbrook

I have liked the cruppers I've gotten from Justforponies, but I need something they don't carry: rope halters. Even for a medium, the regulars don't shorten up well without leaving a looonng loop under the fiajador not and it's causing problems for my medium, let alone the three smalls I need to help train. Anyone have a particularly good mail-order source they like for those? I'm googling but references are appreciated.
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

If Jo McCracken is still around with Mobile Horse Supply I think? She can find pony stuff at a good price.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

These guys - http://tackshop.horsefriendly.com/halters.html

Look at the pony or small pony size. My 14hh Arab, with a pretty refined face, takes the pony size.

justforponies is awesome! Great customer service and very helpful when I had to swap dressage bridles for my "pony in one place/cob in another" Arab mare. They even sent me a free pink hoof pick with my last order of pink pony gear. It made my day.

I just bought a yearling sized rope halter at the local western tack shop. Fits the small great, easy-peasy.

Just For Ponies was extremely helpful with a blanket purchase for the small. And I love their "everything pink" and "everything purple" catalog pages.

I also got very lucky on eBay and found a 20" custom made dressage girth for my large pony at a great price.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by HorsesinHaiti View Post
    I have liked the cruppers I've gotten from Justforponies, but I need something they don't carry: rope halters. Even for a medium, the regulars don't shorten up well without leaving a looonng loop under the fiajador not and it's causing problems for my medium, let alone the three smalls I need to help train. Anyone have a particularly good mail-order source they like for those? I'm googling but references are appreciated.
    email Sunset Halters (google them). they custom make all of their rope products and I'm sure they can make one to fit! They are a very nice company to deal with!
    Cindy