The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any etiquette book will tell you that you don't sign your name as Dr Whomever, but rather as Firstname Surname comma Why-you-are-a-doctor (MD, PhD, JD etc).
    EDDIE WOULD GO

What kind of Dr. is he anyway? Anyone know? Just curious...

And FWIW, the Chronicle might have done that (signed him as Dr.). I can't remember what their style is for such things...

I understand he's an MD as well as having a law degree. (Hmm, interesting career change...) I don't know which came first.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
    What kind of Dr. is he anyway? Anyone know? Just curious...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His biography from the law firm of Britcher, Leone & Roth is as follows:

http://www.medmalnj.com/framebase1.htm

"Armand is a physician and Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist, as well as an attorney. He works on the increasingly complex issues that have emerged in medical malpractice, electronic healthcare privacy, products liability, toxic torts and health care.

Armand is admitted to practice medicine and law in New Jersey and New York. He is a Fellow of the College of Legal Medicine and a Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine."

Yeah, but it's still bad form to sign your name as Dr Dolittle. Oh, I mean Dr Whomever.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Erin, I believe that when he was practicing medicine, he was a radiologist. (He's still a radiologist, of course, but I believe he practices law now and no longer actively practices medicine.)

His legal specialties, as could be expected, involve medical malpractice. complex personal injury, and health law. MDs turned lawyers are generally highly prized in the medical malpractice field -- they can actually understand what the clients and witnesses are talking about! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

oops, and now that I bother to read, that's exactly what Glimmerglass already posted. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coreene:
    Yeah, but it's still bad form to sign your name as Dr Dolittle. Oh, I mean Dr Whomever.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious, but since the original letter is not before us - did the Chronicle perhaps just label the author as Dr. Armand Leone? As opposed to correct signatory of Armand Leone, Jr., M.D., J.D.

Quite possibly, which is what I tried to say before. But I believe Coreene is on a mission. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, it's quite likely that Chronicle style is just to use "Dr." instead of MD, DVM, or whatever. I don't remember for sure, though.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Of course! That evil Alan Balch and his lawsuit is the cause of the USET financial woes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dr Armande Leone SR is also a radiologist in fact at one point all leones were thought to be entering radiology ..Hence the JR and stuff.
    Brilyntrip

Bad thing to be on the wrong side of the grammar AND ettiquettteee (however you spell it) police all at the same time.

OK, where are the spell checkers? (--I surrender!)

It's the intentional misspelling thing that hurts the eye.

And, yes, I will bow to it being a possible style thing that the Chronicle uses.

Yours truly,

HRH Princess Coreene, BYOB
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Or, if you were a drunken womens' doctor:

Howard Stern, BYOBGYN
    EDDIE WOULD GO

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

I found the letter to be rather pompous myself. But I should have expected there to be a rebuttal of sorts considering the source. Whoops, don't mean to be rude......

As an accountant (albeit a non practicing one anymore), when USET board members dip into their personal bank accounts to prop up any budget deficits; my first thoughts are this is bordering on deception.

By the way, I wonder if I asked USET, would they provide me with a line item budget for 2002? Not the pie chart/graph, but the actual budget they have drafted or should have by now.....

you go for it Bethe - and let us know what kind of response you receive
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SGray:
    you go for it Bethe - and let us know what kind of response you receive<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can sure give it a try and see what happens....