The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hoarder in Texas, This makes my heart hurt

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/15...est=latestnews

The dog in the picture is so heartbreaking. This is so sad

That is disgusting....poor pups

What is wrong with people? I love dogs and would probably have more than 5 had my fiance not cracked down on my puppy love after the fifth dog, but who would take dogs from a shelter and then treat them like that? The point is to give them a better life! It just makes me sick
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

Wonderful investigation on the part of the shelters that adopted her the 200 dogs since she was a "rescue".

It amazes me that dog in that picture could be that thin and still standing.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

I try to have sympathy for the people in some of these cases, tell myself that they need help, too, and that no one would choose to live like this.

But seeing that poor dog just makes my blood boil.

Come on...FIVE adults in that house and NONE of them would take care of the poor dogs? There is NO excuse.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

and a 1 year old child in a crib in the middle of that. It's amazing that some starving dogs hadn't made a meal of him already.

Just disgusting. Those are some sick people.

Come on...FIVE adults in that house and NONE of them would take care of the poor dogs? There is NO excuse. __________________
    THIS!!!! ^^^

I think that's the worst condition I've ever seen any animal still alive. I can't even tell what kind of dog it is. I have no sympathy for FIVE adults who let these poor dogs suffer like this. Disgusting!

Angry I hope there is karama!

OMG THAT IS SO HORRIFYING!!!

I literally gasped upon seeing that picture!

I'm going to go hug all of mine.
    I hate people sometimes.
    That poor, poor dog. My recommendation is to give each adult their own cage and let them live in the same conditions for awhile.
    s

Absolutely disgusting!

Is it just me, but it seems every time I catch "Animal Cops", or "Hoarders", or see a news story like this, almost EVERY time they show the owner of said starving/neglected animals, the person is either obese, or an overweight slob. They almost always appear to be well fed!!

I wish the punishment meted out would be that the owner must live under the animals' conditions for the same amount of time, so they know just how it feels to be helpless and starving....in a cage, in a paddock without food, etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spurgirl View Post
    Absolutely disgusting!

Is it just me, but it seems every time I catch "Animal Cops", or "Hoarders", or see a news story like this, almost EVERY time they show the owner of said starving/neglected animals, the person is either obese, or an overweight slob. They almost always appear to be well fed!!

I wish the punishment meted out would be that the owner must live under the animals' conditions for the same amount of time, so they know just how it feels to be helpless and starving....in a cage, in a paddock without food, etc., etc.
    Yep. I agree that I wish we could do this. Will never happen, but we can dream. Asshats.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.