The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

My horse is finally growing up! (At age 13 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) We made our 3 foot debut in the Children's Hunters on Sunday, and he was awesome! And we only had two refusals schooling, and none showing - we are making progress! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I have a horse, I get to ride, I'm out of school for the summer... I'd say those are pretty happy thoughts! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My mom flew in today to see me, and she took some super-cute pics of me riding tonight. ANNNND I wore my breeches and boots and didn't fall off! YAY! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Because she's got a tattoo, Hank. I think she could use a home-cooked meal."

Today it was lightly raining. I took my most faithful OTTb out for a gallop in the fields and it was so relaxing and nice. When we got back to the yard, I gave him a pat and thanked him for the great ride. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm... Here is my good thought... Thank God it's the weekend. Here is what I'll be doing for the next two days...

(The REAL Kinsella (the princess!) is at the left end of the sofa, Milli (the pea) is on top)

I hate it when hockey season is over!! Oh well, at least there is baseball. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

And my other good news for the week....

I hate it when hockey season is over!! Oh well, at least there is baseball. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

I have a dr. appt. on Monday and I think they might be able to cure my mystery disease!
    And I get to fill out entry forms for horse shows! I looovveee doing entries!

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

My horse has fully recovered from colic! We can go back to our previous schedule now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

I'm going to see my bb and personal friend Wtywmn again, at a horse show near where I live, tomorrow morning...

It will be fun both to watch some hunter/jumper/eq classes and to visit with her!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

I also have taken delivery of a brand new Sundowner trailler. I am soo happy, it is sooooo beautiful. It is also sooo big. I didn't realize how big it was until I got it away from all the other traillers. Oops, hope I can drive it!

Member and co-founder Thread Killers Anonymous. Self proclaimed fashion police.
    Poindexter, may he rest in peace.

~the back of my horse, where the view is best!

I've been having some awesome lessons recently. I'm getting very comfortable (again) jumping above 3', since it has been a very long time since I've jumped this high consistently.

I did have an unauthorised dismount the other week, (upon landing from the LOWEST jump on the course) but I landed on my feet, literally. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~<>~ Daedalus built the Labyrinthe, so winding and complicated a structure that no man or beast, once shut inside, could ever find the exit~<>~

My daughter's grey pony was diagnosed with melanomas under her tail (Lots of them). When I checked on them the other day, nearly all of them were gone. From a near-surgical situation to hardly anything, it makes a VERY good pony week!

Has arrived. He is sweet, affectionate, and beautiful. He is rather calm and very sensible. He is not danger to himself or other horses. He took crossties in a stride, even though he's never been crosstied before. He is ok with living in a stall, even though he has always been out in the pasture. The only thing i DON'T know about him, is how does he behave under saddle, BUT

I get to ride him today for the first time after his big trip. I have three different saddles on trial, i have bought a black sheepskin saddle pad to match his black self, a new bridle, two new KK bits ... It's going to be weeks of experimentation - YAAAYYY!

I hope he is good to me and does not buck my sorry butt off. I hope he does not rear, or crowhop or bolt. I hope he does not attack other horses in the arena. He shouldn't - i rode him before i bought him and he was a doll in his old place. I know the seller, so i think he will be good. If he is good, i get keep him and to give him lots of little kisses (per Willem's advice).

-snork

Well, I went out to the barn to watch my trainer ride three of my horses yesterday.

Obi my Dutch mare, is beginning to train third level. Flying changes are super. She is just the coolest mare! She gives 150% all the time and has a super personality. All mares should be like her.

Nikki, my 4 year old mare, who looks like a Breyer model, is WTC, some good lateral work, and jumping combinations. Just lovely to watch!

Natalie is my 4 year old 17.2 hand peabrain mare. She is like a gangly teenager. Her lower lip hangs down and she is a little mentally slow on the uptake, but is magnificent to watch in her movement. She will get it all together in a few more years...lol

The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. My trainer and I went out to lunch and enjoyed some great conversation and laughs. What a lovely day!

Tommorow so he can tack on a shoe that Dream pulled a week ago. I will be able to ride! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

**~~Andrea,and In Your Dreams~~**
    Follow Your Dreams...
    Except the one where your in school in your underwear.

"Horse Sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W.C Feilds

"Why does it take a lifetime to learn to live a lifetime?"

Opinions are like buttholes, we all have one and they all stink.

Proud Member Of The Abercrombie and Fitch Clique, aka the IGETCRABBY and B*tch Clique.

Also A Follower Of:
    The Baby Greenie Support Group!
    Drea

I might be getting a horse! I've been looking for a really long time and I'm really excited [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*Alexa*

I rode for the first time in weeks on Thursday. Gramento's booboo is looking great. He was sound and fresh, albeit a bit strong. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

The Barbie Cow trotted in and cantered out of lines today in her lesson! And got flying lead changes to boot! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and think to myself, "Yeah, right. That just ain't gonna happen."

In our dressage lesson last week, I asked Red for a flying lead change for the first time - and he did it perfectly the first time asked. We changed direction and I asked him for a lead change again - and again he did it perfectly the first time asked in the new direction! Smart boy!

She's just 3 and barely broke, but extremely jealous of her "little" brother because he gets posted about far more than she. Here was my ride...

She made sure that I HAD to post about her today. I think it's the eighth time I've been on her back (with a saddle). We did our normal re-introduction to the aids at the walk, then trot, and circles.....

Then we decided THAT was getting "old", and trotted over a pile of poles and cantered nicely away. Hmmm, that was too easy, lets continue the canter thing. All is going WAY too well, lets cut across the diagonal...

Dead center, PERFECT flying change!!! Canter once around that way (mind you, we'd never cantered before, and I didn't ask for the change--well I balanced her...), break down to the trot, jump an X (straight and forward even). OK, we're done for today.

She's so much like April it's scarey. She's even better, because she has the natural lead change to boot!!!

What's next???

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

After our first show where we were not only excused from the o/f for stops by also from the hack for dangerous behavior, Sara Pony and I redeemed ourselves today. She didn't throw a single temper tantrum,we only had 2 stops in our warm up class (apparently brush is much scarier than 50 revving Harley's) and she stepped out nicely. Not only that but we actually got a 2nd & 4th over fences and a 3rd in the hack. What a good pony.

Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute