The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I will be attending a small local show tomorrow with a new friend for whom I will be BRAIDING!!!

20+ years since these fingers have done any twising of manes. Any wagers on how long it will take me? I USED to be quite quick...

Laurie
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

To the best of my knowledge, Griffen is alive and well. That's all I know lately. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh yes... I can finally show Sneakers. It's about time.

~Erin B #1
    Visit my website!
    Confusion not only reigns, it pours.

On Friday, I had my BEST DRESSAGE TEST ever, on Music. A score of 64.6% with FOUR 8s (one of them a double coefficient leg yield) and one on a trot lenghtening, which has always been our week point. The big breakthrough we had in the lesson the previous week actually carried through to the show!!!!
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I had a good flat lesson yesterday with Quinn (a school horse). He's somewhat more challenging than the horse I've been riding regularly, but I like him. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Then I spent some quality time with Mel, another school horse. He's having some issues with his feet right now (but that's bad news so I won't get into that!), so he can't be ridden, but I just hung out with him for a little while and it was fun. Also, I visited with Snoopy, who I haven't ridden in forever but who's as sweet as ever and is looking great. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And this is kind of old news, but I was reserve champion in the eq at my last show (June 1), which was only my second real show. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My kidney failure kitty, who's been loosing weight steadily for 6 months gained weight over the last 2 weeks! And his blood chemistry has remained steady, which means he's not getting any worse.

Here he is, in all his 7 lbs 9 oz glory!

~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

Chase gets to be turned out in a pasture (aced)for a few hours a day starting on Monday for one month, then after that I might get to ride him!

I am amazed that I have been this patient and I am almost to the end of his lay up.

I also got to trot in my dressage lesson last Tuesday. I am really learning everything all over again and it is very challenging. I do love a challenge though.

Bowed tendon: 60 days of walking and then re-ultrasound. Ug!

Casey and I will be gone for nearly four weeks. We will be at Garland Farms having two lessons a day and working on our dressage.

Laura & Casey
    Men are like good chocolates; the richer, the better.
    Photo Album:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/viprincesss

Just remembered on other good thing:

Briana got to spend her first full day out in the pasture with a couple of the 2 years olds yesterday. She has always just been in a pen and well, she finally got to be turned out on the grass. She absolutely loved it and didn't want to come in last night! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My future dog was born yesterday between the hours of 3 am and 8:15 am. I went and visited today, let me tell you guys 24 hour old Corgi's are SO LITTLE! My friends dog is a great mom (I'm buying from my friend, the dog has excellent temperment and breeding). The dogs get their tails done tomorrow, 3 females and 1 male litter. All tri's, all of them are going to be VERY VERY VERY cute!

Not to mention I got to practice my auto release today, trotting our wall jump without wings. My horse was very good.

E
    Well, I made it back
    E
    Well, I made it back

Well today the vet came out and confirmed that Mystery is in foal!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] She's 18 days pregnant and I got to see my future hunter (hopefully!) on the moniter. Now, I'd say that's pretty good news - right?

~*Steph and Mystery*~

Thursday on Woody - but he felt great and that's enough for me! I have a bunch of horses to hack this weekend so I'll be busy doing that!!

mizzwade
    mizzwade

After what feels like weeks of not riding, and more weeks of not riding my own mare, I finally am well enough to ride her!! Yay!! Even if she did forget what LEG means.. hint..it don't mean "buck"!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

dran kittenhard to type with kitten pullingo n hoodie strings
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Big Things Ahead!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

we got a 36.5!!! I never thought we'd EVER break 40. Not only did we get down in the 30's, we also got an 8 on one movement (a TROT movement at that! his trot is so horrendous!) with the comment "nicely straight and active". Yes, straight. No, hell hasn't frozen over. AND he managed to get an overall 7 on his gaits. On the first couple of dressage tests we did he only got 5's on his gaits. There is hope afterall. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Amanda

Just keep kicking

This type of thread makes me think of the small things that make me happy.

Biggest: Today the barn site was excavated. In less than a month, I will be fulfilling a lifelong dream and bringing my Mazzie and my husband's Sport home to live with us.

Another: Our fencing materials arrived today, a week earlier than expected. Since we already have all the posts up, we can start on that this weekend and shave some more time off the schedule.

Another: Bringing my mare back from a minor injury, I had an absolutly lovely, short ride today - one of the nicest rides in a long, long time (we have issues, but I love her!).

Let's see.........

I found a new itchy spot on Skippy!
    After his bridle comes off, I rub the
    side of his mouth where the bit was and
    his lips flap all over the place, replete with
    flappy noises [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I love the big goofball more than words can say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

So, a horse walks into a bar, sits down, and the bar tender asks him, "Hey,
    Sonny, why the long face?"
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Baby mare is happy and well in her new home. I rode her for the first time there yesterday and she was a doll, plodded around the ring and over some *gasp* STRIPED rails! I love my horsey [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

- ESK -
    http://community.webshots.com/user/dreaminblue616

I've been very ill in the past three weeks, but I am finally back to riding! My mare and I are actually headed to a Denny Emerson clinic this weekend.

You take your good health for granted until you no longer have it. I'm just so grateful to be able to sit on my horse again.
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com

Palais and I are making our 1st level debut next weekend, I got a new Mini (Rocky) and we're moving the horses over to our own farm as I speak! Life is treating me quite well right now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~*Lindsay*~
    A proud co-owner of CorLin PROductions. Watch out horseworld, here we come!
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

after a near school-ending financial aid mix up, it has all been worked out! I will get to continue on to vet school as planned!!
    \"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a wand and a strip search.\"

My 2 yr old ISH let a rider sit on her (with TACK!!) while on the lunge yesterday, walked and trotted like she had been doing it for 20 years. I don't wanna jinx it, but I think I have a great one here folks!! Don't worry though, I'm gonna wait till next year to really start her. I just love, love, love her!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]