The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Posts
    126

    Default American Ranch Horse Association!

    Hey guys!

    If you are looking for something fun to do with your AQHA, APHA, appys, etc, check out ARHA!!!!!!!!!

    Here in florida we also have a charter!

    Florida Ranch Horse Club!!!!!!

    Its a blast!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    I am thinking of showing with the ARHA. I currently show with American Stock Horse but am branching out! Georgia has shows in Perry.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2008
    Location
    Greeley, Colorado
    Posts
    3,772

    Default

    Oh looks like fun!! Too bad my guy isn't eligible
    **Friend of bar.ka**

    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Oh looks like fun!! Too bad my guy isn't eligible
    Why not? If you want to do ranch horse with an "off breed" try www.americanstockhorse.org they are not breed specific! I know of a TW and Raleigh's Mom just started showing her adorable arab in it!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2008
    Location
    Greeley, Colorado
    Posts
    3,772

    Default

    I have a WB and a TB. Both very english types, but the WB is the one I play around western with. I know the ARHA says it's open to all QH stock type breeds, which he definitely is not

    I'll check out the other organization. According to their website they even have events in my town!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    I have a WB and a TB. Both very english types, but the WB is the one I play around western with. I know the ARHA says it's open to all QH stock type breeds, which he definitely is not

    I'll check out the other organization. According to their website they even have events in my town!
    You will love ASHA!!! They have clinics on Saturday and show Sunday. Everyone supports each other and there is no drama! The goal of the organization is "To ride a better horse!"

    Good Luck!! Let us know if you go!!



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Posts
    126

    Default

    The group that shows at Perry is Central Georgia Ranch Horse Assoc. I show with them as well as the FL crew ! Terrific bunch and great shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    I may show there this fall! Do you go to all the Perry shows?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan. 21, 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Looking for something to get rolling a little further south here in Fl. It looks like a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



  10. #10
    Join Date
    May. 1, 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    523

    Default

    dani0303 - Definitely check out the ASHA events. I am having a blast with my Arab and no one cares that he is not a "stock horse" breed.

    spot - You should do an ARHA show this fall! I will go cheer you on (plus, I totally owe you!!)
    "We are all doing the best we can from our own level of consciousness.”
    ― Deepak Chopra



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh's Mom View Post
    dani0303 - Definitely check out the ASHA events. I am having a blast with my Arab and no one cares that he is not a "stock horse" breed.

    spot - You should do an ARHA show this fall! I will go cheer you on (plus, I totally owe you!!)
    I wish you could bring Raliegh! By the way, I am not sure why you owe me



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2008
    Location
    Greeley, Colorado
    Posts
    3,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh's Mom View Post
    dani0303 - Definitely check out the ASHA events. I am having a blast with my Arab and no one cares that he is not a "stock horse" breed.

    spot - You should do an ARHA show this fall! I will go cheer you on (plus, I totally owe you!!)
    Cool, I'll check out the Greeley event!! We're western greenies but my guy is REALLY broke and I think he'd do well in the basic ranch u/s classes
    **Friend of bar.ka**

    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate



  13. #13
    Join Date
    May. 1, 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spotnnotfarm View Post
    By the way, I am not sure why you owe me
    I owe you for being such an awesome cheerleader at Raleigh's and my first show!!!
    "We are all doing the best we can from our own level of consciousness.”
    ― Deepak Chopra



  14. #14
    Join Date
    May. 1, 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Cool, I'll check out the Greeley event!! We're western greenies but my guy is REALLY broke and I think he'd do well in the basic ranch u/s classes
    I had done endurance and dressage lessons with my Arabian before starting the stock horse stuff. It's amazing how the dressage translates over into the ranch riding... lots of similarities. Although, the hardest thing for my horse and me (mostly me) is to ride with less contact.
    "We are all doing the best we can from our own level of consciousness.”
    ― Deepak Chopra



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spotnnotfarm View Post
    I may show there this fall! Do you go to all the Perry shows?
    Gonna try to my mom and dad show with them as well. Usually there is about 8-10 of us



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwsbongo View Post
    Gonna try to my mom and dad show with them as well. Usually there is about 8-10 of us
    Awesome! In the ranch pleasure class, are you in the ring with other horses or by yourself? In ASHA you are by yourself so my horse and I are currently learning that other horses in the arena does not mean we are in a race!



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh's Mom View Post
    I owe you for being such an awesome cheerleader at Raleigh's and my first show!!!
    My pleasure! Y'all were fun to watch and I still say, should have won



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spotnnotfarm View Post
    Awesome! In the ranch pleasure class, are you in the ring with other horses or by yourself? In ASHA you are by yourself so my horse and I are currently learning that other horses in the arena does not mean we are in a race!
    Yep in Ranch Riding you are in with other horses. its w-t-l on the rail. If you go to Perry be prepared, the classes are pretty big



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Ga
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Thanks! We are working on riding with others and not becoming a speed demon! How many are usually in the class?



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spotnnotfarm View Post
    Thanks! We are working on riding with others and not becoming a speed demon! How many are usually in the class?
    In ammy usually 15-20



Similar Threads

  1. American Think Horse Association?
    By Simkie in forum Off Course
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Mar. 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
  2. American Competitive Trail Horse Association
    By Meadow36 in forum Endurance and Trail Riding
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Sep. 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
  3. Jack Monroe Beach Ride benefiting The American Heart Association
    By JackandMo in forum Endurance and Trail Riding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar. 22, 2010, 07:34 AM
  4. American Trakehner Association Registration Question
    By trakehner013 in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jun. 18, 2009, 10:17 PM
  5. American Riding Instructors Association
    By Riva in forum Dressage
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: Feb. 2, 2008, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness