The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Keg-A-Bacchus View Post
    We did it!! And got a 69%! Yay pony!! The judge was in a car at the end of the ring instead of a booth though. But after the last rider saluted I made my way around the outside, said good morning and gave them my number. My little mare wasn't spooky in the least at ANYTHING about the show so thank goodness for that! After my test the judge waved us in to ask what kind of a horse Willa is because she's just DYING at how cute my little bugger is Made me feel very good! We got great comments and her additional comment was "You have an ADORABLE partner!!!" Yay we did it!!!! Thanks for all the advice!!
    Yaaaaaaaay for you! Congratulations!

FWIW, I always go around the arena, walk by the judge and say "good morning"/whatever, my number and the test I think I'm riding. Judges will rarely ring the bell when you are near the booth in order to not startle your horse. They'll wait for you to get past and head down the longer side. Pick up a nice trot when ready, or a canter when ready, and go for it!

Congrats again!!

I go in after the rider before me and I say "hello" and state my name, number, and test. The bell usually rings sometime after that. At the end of the test I walk up to the judge (still in the arena) and thank them.