The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jeb, please try showing up with some Mike's Hard Lemonade and see how the coven responds. I'll bet you and LouLou have the doggie park all to yourselves. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Proud adopter of Win
    http://www.defhr.org
    Days End Farm Horse Rescue
    Protection for Horses - Education for People

Mike's Hard Lemonade? Forget the quiches! What about all those poor alcoholic lemons? Imagine them being squashed and fermented alive!!

(besides, quiche is gross!! Icky!)

As someone who doesn't have a dog, I have to say that some dog owners are pretty bizarre! I don't understand why they won't let little "Muffy or Fluffy" play with certain other dogs - I see it all the time at the "off-leash" beach near my house. Some of them get totally worked up about it too!Can you imagine some of these people with kids!??

Perhaps some of you dog owners can enlighten me to the philosophy behind "Canine Segregation". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Gyyahhhh! Now the lemons! This board is such a downer...everyday, more bad news. Please don't tell me about raisins, carrot juice, beet pulp, bran mash, portabello mushrooms (the veal of the vegetable world), etc.

I'm going to start eating 350 Flinstones Vitamins a day...and that's all.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

OK, but I guess we won't go into the little known plight of the endangered vitamins, which are hunted down by rare vitamin-sniffing goats?

And the machine that presses them into Barney Rubbles? *gasp* (I've heard the Wilma one is more humane)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeb:
    I'm going to start eating 350 Flinstones Vitamins a day...and that's all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how will you take those Jeb? When you eat your Flinstones will you eat the red ones last? Will you suck them very slowly, or crunch them very fast?

All things considerd, I think taking out the Flinstone Family fast would be much more humane than asking them to suffer slowly, don't you think? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

I feel bad for animal crackers and chocolate easterbunnys, so I eat 'em butt first, head last.
    And you cannibals, eating The Flintstones. What's next? The Lucky Charms Elf?
    The witchy witch witch of south central NC.

Magnolia - if you feel bad about your next Chocolate Eater Bunny, please FEEL FREE to give it to me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I have NO qualms about eating them! I eat ears first, than work my way from the feet up, until the head. I do feel bad when I have to eat one of the ones that has candy eyes. Its kind of like they're staring at you as you go to bite there nose off!
    You Strike Me Still

As a confirmed carnivore, I like to bite the heads off my marshmallow chickens first! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

And what's with the sympathy for alcoholic lemons? Isn't that the more humane approach, like putting lobsters in a pot of wine before you cook them? What's next, Lem-Anon? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]
    Proud adopter of Win

MY LORD - the poor CUCUMBERS - plucked from the vine and made to sit in a crowded jar of vinegar, waiting to be eaten...
    That's it. I'm going back to eating meat. I hate thinking of the poor veggies and fruit suffering just to make my butt bigger!
    The witchy witch witch of south central NC.

Does it make it better that we give the fruits and vegetables plenty of poo to eat while they're growing?

I must confess, I not only eat my Marshmallow Peeps head first, but I leave them out exposed to the elements for days at a time before then, so they get hard and chewy. I'm so ashamed.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Portia:
    I must confess, I not only eat my Marshmallow Peeps head first, but I leave them out exposed to the elements for days at a time before then, so they get hard and chewy. I'm so ashamed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you too? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] so, with the humidity in Houston, this takes like 30 minutes?
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

The proper way to eat an easter bunny is to remove the eyes, so they can't identify you. Then you eat the ears so that they can't you comming. Then you eat their feet so they can't run away. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As far as marshmellow chicks are concerned.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Portia:
    [B]Does it make it better that we give the fruits and vegetables plenty of poo to eat while they're growing?[B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But of course it does! That means we're using recycling, or manure management, or whatever the politically correct phrase du jour is.
    Mama's little vegetables love horse poo, horse poo
    Mama's little veggies love equine doo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I love my Peeps soft and squishy, but I'll be glad to send ya all the ones that get crusty before I get to them! ;-)

[This message has been edited by rescuemom (edited 10-13-2000).]
    Proud adopter of Win

Wait just a cotton pick'n minute! Jeb, y'all (you and LouLou) should com'on down and set a spell here in lil ol' Texas! Why, down here we don't have parks for our dawgs, we jus' lets 'em roam aroun'!!! My place is a veritable Disneyland for dawgs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] An' I think yer jus' what the doctor ordered!

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

But Calico, can you dance to it?

Peeps are an actual foodstuff? I always thought they were for entertainment value only...

Two words: PEEPS - MICROWAVE

You've never seen chickens grow so fast. (just don't tell your kids about it!)
    ~Mighty TB Clique~

Ah the toture of peeps . . we must all boycott this horrible practice . . .but first we must all go to this page to see how incredibly terrible the peep-abusers (bunny peeps of course) are. http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~irving/bunnies/

[This message has been edited by ClemsonRider (edited 10-14-2000).]
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

Save them . .save them, we must save the marshmallow species . . . http://marks.networktel.net/main.html
    - - - - - -

OK, ClemsonRider, now we know what you're doing instead of studying, eh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Those were TOOOOOOOO much!!!!!

I wonder how one starts a "Dog Park". Does one just find the place in a said neighborhood (or group of neighborhoods) found to be most "frequented" by canines, or does one ask one's neighbors, or one's town/county/city?? I wonder if the private school's ball fields behind me would care if I set up a neighborhood Dog Park on their property? I could make sure there were plenty of pooperscoopers and containers for disposal. hehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Would this said Dog Park be open to the public or by invitation only? Would the canines and the owners need to be interviewed before their applications were accepted? Would one charge dues, and if so, how much? (Sounds like a great research project for some aspiring marketing student!!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Well Duffy this all depends on what kind of prestige you want your dog park to carry. We could offer a club section and then possible some luxury suites and then of course we must offer a locker room with the utmost ammenities (after all who wants their little doggies going home all sweaty and unshowered, and we all know that a good post-workout stretch is essential!!)

If we choose to offer the highest quality of dog-park you can assure that we may charge membership fees and in that case accept only the most cultured dogs.

We can invite the initial gathering and then work on a referral (with interview of course) from the initial invitees!!

Ooh I'm getting all worked up thinking about it!! (and we would have to decide of course where our procedes would go . . . to the Save the Baby Quiches campaign or the Save the Peeps campaign!!)
    - - - - - -