The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Wait...he lived in VIRGINIA and he's never been on a horse!!! That's so, so sad....
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

I cringed too when I saw him on the horse, and without a helmet on that gravel, all I could think of was he was going to sliiiide off, did you see the saddle slipping as he cantered off? What an agreeable fellow that horse was. Somehow even attractive men loose their appeal when I see them on a horse and they cant ride, doesnt do much for the macho image.
    Did you see the girl chcking out his hands, now if he really was a construction worker Im sure she would have felt very rough hands. I cant help thinking that maybe the joke is on us and he really is a millionaire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aviva:
    I thought it was hilarious when one of the women said something about how well he handled the horse http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That made me crack up when she said that, as he went bouncing down the road...LOL

And the comment about the horse really being white, but he just needs a bath http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

I read on another board that he really is a millionaire but is going to tell them he's not, then if they accept him he tells them the truth.

It was too funny! My horse friend and I killed ourselves laughing. But you know, he actually seems like a sweet, earnest guy. Not like those Bachelor scums. As a feminist, I hate these kinds of shows. But as a, I don't know, sometimes who likes laughing at people?, I have to admit it's very entertaining.

There's no way the guy's actually a millionaire. You can tell by his dialect he's working class, through and through.

Like Tosca, I too am watching this show with simultaneous disgust and glee. I am already excited, because I can tell that by the end of this show (or even probably by the next episode, judging by the "Coming Next Week" scenes), those women are going to be scratching each other's eyes out - you can tell the thought of all that money has already started driving them batty. That Heidi is a piece of work - she is clearly the most evil one of all. I agree with everyone who's said that there's no way they were as young as they claimed to be, and none of them struck me as especially attractive, either personality-wise or appearance-wise. But then, it's early, so who knows. So far, I like the one chick with the dark curly hair and the other who had the short black ponytail. Both seemed pretty sweet and had something of an elegant air about them, which is more than I can say for some of the others. Meow.

I too rolled my eyes at the joke about the horse not having had a bath yet but cringed at the poor man's earnest attempt to ride it and the way he thumped himself good trying to remount. Actually, for a beginner, he's not half bad. And YES that stable is beautiful.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

The show says he makes 19K per year, yet he went to a boarding school that costs 20K per year? He may be a construction worker for the regular job, but I would bet that there is a trust fund or something behind everything.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a twist at the end of the show...they lead on the viewers to think he makes 19K, the "winner" is told he isn't rich after all, but if she accepts him for love and not money I think she will come to find out that there really is money there!
    Susan

I tuned in last night as well, very shameful. He is very attractive, those dimples, that hair, his nice eyes, anywho. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif Those women disgust me. I think all of them are gold diggers and that is that. It'll be interesting to see them when they actually have to work next time. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif I like Zora and the other, the one that he said had the nicest smile or whatever, they both seem very sweet and I hope he keeps them! That horse was such a good sport, with him boucing all over the place. i was cracking up when he slipped trying to mount. He did look decent for a beginner though....it'll be interesting to see how this ends.

Lindz and Endeavor

If wishes were horses...beggers would ride.
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

No TV so didn't watch the show -but HE WENT TO HARGRAVE!?!?! That is too funny! It's right here in Chatham along with us and I wouldn't say it's strength is academics!

I too gave into temptation and watched, despite my better judgement! But it was worth it seeing the horses, I suppose. And he's pretty hot too, even if he can't ride! But, hey, it was a good effort for someone who'd never ridden before.I hope they make Heidi muck out next week and she falls in it. Grr.

And I'm with the posters who said they'd forget the guy and be out in the stables the whole time!

"Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who
    have the habit of making excuses." -- George Washington Carver

Member of the drafties/drafties X clique!

Did he model? See for yourself!

"Yeah well we both know that you don't play fair
    I guess you really think that you get me there
    Let's be honest perhaps this little ride is too much for even you to bear"
    Poe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joemillionaire.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	5907  
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

I don't think he only makes $19k a year. That means he earns $9.13 an hour, or $365 a week, which is only a couple dollars over minimum. Remember the scene when his coworker was talking about his (the coworker's) first day on the job? Evan "took him under his wing" and was going to teach him all he needed to know about the job. He's got about 10 years operating heavy equipment, and I'll guess he makes closer to $20 an hour, or $40k a year. Oh, and I bet HIS FAMILY OWNS A BIG CONSTUCTION COMPANY!

Anyway, he keeps saying he wants to find the girl who likes him for himself, and not the money, and how hard it is for him to lie.

Tasty picture, Robby http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif!

I was cringing the whole time he was on the horse hoping he wouldn't fall off. What a sight that would have been! I am definately looking forward to seeing how greedy and grasping the women become http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif.

Robby,
    Where did you find that picture????? I don't care how much he doesn't make, LOOK AT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I just say one word? YUMMY!!!

Formerly greengrl

"We like to walk..."

\"Horse sense is what a horse has that keeps him from betting on people\"
    W.C. Fields
    1880 - 1948

Oh my, Robby! I actually like him better in jeans and a flannel.

Ok, he looked *really* tall. How many hands do you suppose the horse is that he was riding?

Ha, if I were on that show I would stun next week's audience with my astounding barn skills. I've become very good lately at catching poop before it even hits the ground...

Well... I do not believe that someone who can operate one of those giant dirt pushers only makes $19K, but what do I know? He is cute, though not my type. He seems very .... uh .... simple. I thought he did pretty well with the riding. THe horse was a saint, and Evan (?) did scratch horsey affectionately on the head & neck while he was talking to the group of chicks, which looked good.

I do not smirk. But if I did, this would be a good opportunity. - Worf
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash44:
    I don't think he only makes $19k a year. That means he earns $9.13 an hour, or $365 a week, which is only a couple dollars over minimum. Remember the scene when his coworker was talking about his (the coworker's) first day on the job? Evan "took him under his wing" and was going to teach him all he needed to know about the job. He's got about 10 years operating heavy equipment, and I'll guess he makes closer to $20 an hour, or $40k a year. Oh, and I bet HIS FAMILY OWNS A BIG CONSTUCTION COMPANY!

Anyway, he keeps saying he wants to find the girl who likes him for himself, and not the money, and how hard it is for him to lie.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His dad is vice pres of the Old Dominion Trust Co. and his mother manages a linen store. They grew up in a nice neighborhood, but in a modest house compared to the surroundings. His father claims "they are no millionaires" and as far as he knows neither is his son! Evan has no college education and I had friends that went to Hargrave - hardly the "military" academic center of the world ! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

I have to admit, when I saw the promos and I saw him riding I was like, How in the world does he afford to ride on $19K a year!! how bad is that?? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

- - - - - -
    "We learn from history that we do not learn from history." ~ George Bernard Shaw
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

well the scratching the horse on the neck would have done it for me! So good looking AND affectionate towards his horse - that is a turn on! The picture was very nice, except for one thing. I think they should have waxed his arms and legs.

I wish I was in the show. Mucking out the barn! I would have been at my most glamorous!

I would bet that he IS a millionaire... if the girl goes through with the proposal then he will tell all. But I have a feeling he is worth money... NO construction worker, in CA, that operates heavy machinery makes $19k! Maybe in the backwoods of Montana, but even then, thats a reach!
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

Joe Millionaire

Please, do you people think something of this magnitude could make it past the gay mafia? My pal Jon sent me the link.

Robby

"Yeah well we both know that you don't play fair
    I guess you really think that you get me there
    Let's be honest perhaps this little ride is too much for even you to bear"
    Poe
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Robby - I KNEW it! Thank you !

Mr. C and I were watching it last night and we were both like, uh, isn't he a male model?
    I have to confess, I cringed each time the girls started being stupid and catty (pulease! don't make all women look like schemers and gold-diggers!).

And of course, Mr. C is watching Evan ride and asks, "Do I post better than that? I look better than that when I ride, right?" awwwwwwww http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

"A horse which stops dead just before a jump thus propels its rider into a graceful arc provides for general merriment" - Duke of Edinburgh