The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Laurent Hubert saddle?

Hi All,
    So I am trying a Laurent Hubert saddle at the moment. I was wondering if I could have ANY info on this brand. What do they sell for brand new? How long do they last? When I google them why can't I find any info on this brand? Is the brand actually french or is a knockoff brand? Should I buy this saddle or buy a different french one? When these saddles break in do they become more comfy or do they stay hard? Is $1,200 a good deal or should I not bother with this brand? Thanks so much!

Do a search of the saddle and Patrick Legros, there is a current thread about the saddles and the man. Seems to be some controversy, I would do more research first.

I think they are very new and I have no clue what they look like. Do look at the thread mentioned above.

Hi!

Just want to,give you some good advice on the Laurent Hubert saddle!
    There is NO web site on these saddles. Can't even reach that saddle maker!!
    First Patrick Legros is a "crook"!
    He sold me his saddle for $3500. It is not a French made saddle. I've been told by professional saddle makers that it must be made somewhere in India??
    It probably costed him $800. to have it made. Anyway it was poorly made, very bad quality, cutting and seat crooked! Wasn't confortable and very hard to ride on it! Also didn't fit the horse at all!!!
    And then , never called me back to fix it! I've tried for a long time to reach him to discuss the problem. He's got no customer service at all.
    I couldn't ride in that saddle, couldn't sell that bad saddle and lost $3500.

I strongly advice you NOT to deal with him!

Good luck!