The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Worthy:Actually, come to think of it, I feel like hugging everybody I know. Including the mailman.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup.
    Tinwhistle Farm

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Worthy:
    Actually, come to think of it, I feel like hugging everybody I know. Including the mailman.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just came home from the barn and 'my' firemen were out washing their trucks. I stopped to say thanks. I get the feeling I wasn't the first. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

I have watched TV with my 10 yr old son and I have told him that they(firemen and policemen) are the true role models - not the high paid sports figures and entertainment industry figures. Some have been working for 24+ hours trying to rescue victims. God bless them.

My father and brother are both on the rescue squad in St. Mary's County, Maryland. My uncle is on the fire department. My mom has three search and rescue dogs (they are approved for local SAR use, but not FEMA). Any one of them would have been in those buildings in a flash to help out and could very easily have been among the missing if they lived in New York. They are much braver than I could ever be and I am so thankful that there are people like the brave heros in New York who are willing to risk their lives for strangers.

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*