The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

assignments for hearings

Weatherford is to be head cheerleader

SGray is to be head jeerleader
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Portia:
    Lucassb and Weatherford -- and SGray! -- hmmph! I guess you missed my post offering the car pool from Houston to Austin, or were you all just ignoring me? Or maybe I thought I posted it and I was hallucinating? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ==== the beasts at home create speed bumps for me - none of these polite folks would be so presumptuous as to ask to impose upon your generosity - except me, little do you know but I already referred Lucassb to you via email =====

Not too painful at all, and I've done it back and forth on the same day several times.=====which may be my lot depending upon who I may or may not be able to convince to come take care of the horde====

Does anybody yet have word on exactly where the hearing is going to be held? Our firm's Austin office can always find me a room somewhere, but I'd like it to be somewhere near the hearing.===and near Lucassb, Weatherford, Linda Allen, and the other illustrious visitors to our fair state ========

Lucassb, Austin is both the home to a major university ............so there are plenty of hotel and motel rooms =====am asking brother-in-law whether there will be a football game that weekend which always makes life in Austin more crowded======in a variety of price ranges all over the city. When we find out where the hearing is, I'm sure we Texans will be able to recommend a place.=====Texians for us natives

And S, much as he and I are still dear friends, I don't think the ex-boyfriend's wife would approve of us shacking up for the weekend. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] He and I can have dinner together, but that's about all that's allowed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>==== oh, minor little details that you left out at the first mention of "old boyfriend"

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Ho hum... two Austin people here can also offer advice... sigh. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BTW, for all your AARP, Candlewood (a hotel) is doing 50% off. I just saw the sign when I drove by yesterday.

Hey Lucassb, if you come, you can just bring my saddle with you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

be nice Jo or I'll have my b-i-l arrest you

For anyone who wants a ride from Houston, I feel it necessary to make full disclosure. I have an Audi A-4 and the following CDs in my CD player in the car right now:

Mandy Patinkin, "Oscar & Steve"
    Barenaked Ladies, "Stunt"
    Al Jarreau, "This Time"
    Original Broadway Cast, "The Producers"
    Jimmy Buffett, "Last Mango in Paris"
    Sarah McLaughlin, "Surfacing"

I can't guarantee that any of these might not be switched out with Clint Black or Garth Brooks.

Now if the USOC would just decide WHERE in Austin they are holding the damn thing, and WHEN they are going to start it (Friday or Saturday) we could have Jo and Langshaw give advice on places to stay and restaurants and make plans.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

F-250 SuperDuty SuperCab/Best of Van Morrison (okay *joke* - just another joke)

Portia is probably your best bet since she does not have to worry about "pet" sitters (for lots of pets) - which is the only reason that I did not take her up on her offer from way back of "carpooling" to Austin - which, by the way, I'm disappointed about as Portia is a good conversationalist

[This message was edited by SGray on Oct. 04, 2001 at 11:48 AM.]

maybe I should fly to Houston just so I can carpool with you guys back to Austin and feel more "connected." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

LOL Jo

thankfully, the football fans will not be taking all the hotel rooms next weekend as the Univ. of Texas will be playing out of town

drat it all, Lucassb can't come

but SGray will be there

Portia
    Weatherford
    Linda Allen

who else

anyone else?

The USOC finally set the exact location for the hearing in Austin. It will be at:

Four Seasons Hotel
    98 San Jacinto Blvd
    Austin, TX 78701-4039
    Tel: 512/478-4500
    Fax: 512/477-0704

The Four Seasons is located on Town Lake, which is really part of the river that runs through Austin. I've stayed there many times on business and it's a beautiful hotel with excellent facilities, but it is the most expensive in town (of course). One of those hotels that is the home of the $18 room service hamburger.

Still no word that I have heard on exactly when the hearing is going to start, either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

convenient for me - my sister's place is a couple of blocks away on the other side of Town Lake

let us know when you hear more - and thanks for the info

Jo/Langshaw/Nickelodian/Spaz00

since it is at 4Seasons you are going to have to take a shower after riding before you come to the sessions

other hotel info from my sibling

Four Seasons is nice.

The Radisson is just next door and maybe less expensive.

There is an Omni at 8th Street, a Holiday Inn at Town Lake and a Sheraton at 5th and IH 35.

Supposedly, you can negotiate rates b/c occupancy is way down.

I *always* shower after riding. But I can't make any guarentees for Nickelodian or Spaz. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, if you guys wanted some cheapy place to stay, there's places like the Red Roof Inn (stayed there before), La Quinta, some Marriot thing, and Candlewood Suites (for the 50+ set).

gee Jo, I thought that everyone was going to stay at your house ;-}

Nope, that's Nickelodian's department, SHE's the one with the house, I'm just a college kid with an apartment. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Any word on what time the sessions will start?