Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Casey corgi is a pretty good horse show dog. You can smuggle him into hotels and count on him keeping quiet (nothing like getting busted for a barking dog!). And his favorite activity is sleeping in the back of the Expedition. Sometimes I get tempted to pull over and make sure I loaded up the dog too. He just zones out, and even if I call his name I can't get him to wake up.

But best of all, he LIVES to ride on the scooter. He sits sideways on the floorboard between my feet and taunts all the other dogs as we go flying by. Sort of a "nanny nanny boo boo, I'm riding and you are walking" sort of moment... or when passing a dog on a golf cart it's sort of a "I'm faster than you" moment. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take."
    Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)

Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

When I was showing, as a junior, we were very untraditional in our dogs that came along... Afghans -- so obviously the "dogs must be leashed" rule was obeyed! Our two that got to come along were both calm characters.

... our first was an ultra-cool horse show dog... he was at an advanced age when I started showing and was always Mr. Dignified and would hang out forever, especially when my mom had to park him somewhere while helping me.

... our second was a bit of a wuss and preferred to keep his distance from the horses. One big gelding leaned out over his stall guard one day and grabbed at Ninj's leash... poor dog immediately hit the floor. But he was such a big sweetheart that he'd love to lay in somebody's lap (best he could at his size) ringside for hours on end.

Card-Carrying Member o' the Mac Clique
    Card-Carrying Member o\' the Mac Clique

Here is ,well the backside if my JRT Winnie who goes to many shows with me. And yes he has decided to try riding. He and Dixie our German Shorthaired Pointer have watched long enough they said. Now they are asking that we send them to a G.M. clinic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img].

Winnie was also on the cover of the COTH in June 2001. A dear friend and Equine Artist Sandra Philpott did a great oil of him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winnie_and_Dixie_playing_Horse_and_Rider.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	5584  

This is the 2nd oil Sandra did of Winnie . She sold the first one of him on the cover of the COTH.
    I just cried when she gifted this oil to me,Winnie is so dear to us.

Name:	Winnie_my_Best_Friend.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	7584  

Thank you ISHI for starting this thread it is really nice seeing everyones canine companions. Great fun.

I like to think of my JRT Sophie as my horseshow dog, although she doesn't seem to wild about it...also, call me crazy...but...I just adopted an 8 year old Puppy Mill JRT that was bred and bred until she could no longer handle it. She was turned over to our local PAWS who just happened to be at my hair salon on Saturday. Jolene (temp name...she didn't have a name at the puppy mill) won my heart...I was supposed to pick her up today, but I guess mother nature had other plans. Anyways, here is Sophie my other JRT...once I get pics of the new dog I will post them.

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay"
    - Dave Matthews

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
    - Tim McGraw

Name:	sophieandmom.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	7668  
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

I have two dogs, but neither are horse show dogs. They like to chase and bark at horses too much and they are quite the handful.

Barley - weimaraner
    Kenya - rhodesian / pit bull mix (we think)

"Both rider and horse must enjoy the work. This is the essence of success" - Reiner Klimke

Name:	barley.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	7442  
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

And Kenya, the most perfect pound-pup in the world!!!

"Both rider and horse must enjoy the work. This is the essence of success" - Reiner Klimke

Name:	kenya.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	7191  

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Mine are not official horse show dogs yet! I have a 7 month greyhound named Vixen. WE got her when she was 3 months and she loves to run around with the horses! I also have a 4 monthe white boxer named Nyssa ( why i am not allowed in pet stores anymore!) she is more interested in the horseie pop balls in the field. She say yum! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    I will post a pic when i figure out how!

"I am not deaf! I'm ignoring you!"
    "God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse"
    \"I am not deaf! I\'m ignoring you!\"
    \"God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse\"

...and everyone else too!

My 2 Aussies are going to be barn dogs (not h/s dogs, since I don't show) once they learn that horses aren't for herding...

Name:	dogs.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	8086  

wow, huntersrule! A greyhound pup is so cute! There are so few breeder's in the US, where did you find one?

Some day, your little guy will look like my Janky!

Name:	janpix5.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	7812  
    Remember...though eagles may soar, weasles never get sucked into a jet engine.

Soar like a weasle my friend.

I got her from breeder in gulfport. He wanted a make for breeding and had 5 females [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] go figure> but i purchased her from him. She is quite the bundle of energy! She is black with a little white on her chin , belly, toes and the very tip of her tail. We just love her! I am not a great picture poster so I have to ask my sister to post a pic. I loff your dog!!! We wanted a brindle and if we adopt later in life thats what we will get! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse"
    \"God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse\"

Here is my Radar! He is in flight (the corgi). The lab is Kiara, she is a perfect princess.

***Tango-Bean***
    brown dressage saddle clique!

Name:	Radar10.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	8439  
    ***Tango-Bean***
    brown dressage saddle clique!

Here is my 7 month greyhound puppy Vixen with her best friend 4 month old Nyssa. ( white boxer) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Name:	IM000360.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	4700  

I LOVE all the pictures!!!

Keep them coming, they're so much fun to look at!!! Aside from horses, dogs are defintely my favorite animal!!
    Katarine~I have an english setter also, except ours-named Champ is ginger and white. They are such nice dogs, she is about 13 now and has always been the sweetest animal. She LOVES coming to the barn, actually she came and watched one of my lessons last weekend, and she fell asleep in the liverpool (not filled of course!). And she loves to kiss my horse right on the nose, although Meppen doesn't quite know what to make of her!
    As for other horseshow dogs, my trainer has a terrier that looks like Toto, and conviently fits right inside my moms pocketbook! And two of the clients at our barn have french bulldogs, so sometimes at shows I get to take them around and people ALWAYS stop and ask about them.
    My Mom and I want a PUG soooo badly, we are both in love with them! does anyone have one or have you had experience with one? Now we just have to convince my Dad that another animal in the house would be a good thing

~Shaina~
    ~Shaina~

Huntersrule I think your white boxer with the black nose is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

What beautiful dogs. And very nice photography!

Here is my Juna on the beach in Oregon this past September. And no she can't swim?? She is a boxer pointer cross.

Name:	juna_in_shades.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	6741  
    I\'d rather be riding!

Had to post this one as well. She is a bit younger here.

Name:	juna_with_bow.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	7538  
    I\'d rather be riding!

My 2 year-old Golden Retriever/German Shepherd/Collie cross has been to two horse shows so far. She's adorable and loves everyone, and doesn't bark. Here is a picture of her howling at the tornado siren that goes off the first Wednesday of every month.

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Name:	howl[1].jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	4546  

Here is a picture of my two dogs together on the sofa. The yellow one (Maya) is a 1-1/2 year old Golden Retriever/Husky mix, and the black one (Jackie) is a 2 year-old Golden Retriever/German Shepherd/Collie mix. I adopted both of them from the same rescue shelter, six months apart, and they just love each other! Maya hasn't been to a show yet, as I just got her a month ago.

I wuv my puppygirls!

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Name:	twogirls.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	6553