The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Smudge is a Pointer X who is about 1 1/2 years. He simply loves the barn, the truck, and the trailer and have spent numerous hours in all three. His favorite thing to do is get out in the field with the horses (he is not allowed to be there but you know how that goes) and have them chase him. Thank God they are good natured and not threatened by the Smudge.

I have also owned and shown Danes and Ridgebacks.

I have a Great Dane Puppy that is my next barn dog. He is only 4 months old now. I wanted to wait until he was a little bit bigger and had all of his shots before I brought him to the barn.

So far, my best barn dog was my now deceased basset hound. He would sleep in the barn while I rode and he was very respectful of the horses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000136.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	5838  

Holy cow, Cashmere - that puppy's paws are as big as his FACE!! How CUTE!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I love his coloring, too, you'll have to repost in a few months when he's the size of a Small. LOL!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy...
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

Here is Norman recently. Notice that the energy level hasn't changed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

(In case you are wondering- those are not my Spiderman slippers. They are my son's. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])

Name:	IM000148.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	8688  

Have you ever seen this much fuzz? I ran across this picture of my little mutt Snuffy last night. She's the BEST horse show dog around!

"Dream as if you'll live forever, and live as if you'll die tomorrow." -- James Dean

Name:	Snuffuz.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	8936  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jennasis:
    My Janky dog! She's 100% Greyhound...straight off the racetrack, and the uber-show dog! My horse just adores her. He sees her coming and his ears prick up and he drags me over to her. It's too cute. She'll just stand there while he sniffs her and nuzzles her.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    i love greyhounds! i really want to get one

http://community.webshots.com/user/domino4100

Here's mine going through some (much needed) obedience lessons shortly after I adopted him. And look, he's actually listening!

You have three choices: fix it, get over it or get out it.

[This message was edited by Amy86 on Dec. 04, 2002 at 03:55 PM.]

Name:	ELL2.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	7032  
    You can't fix stupid.

they're best buds now.

You have three choices: fix it, get over it or get out it.

Name:	Ellington_Kitty.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	8541  
    You can't fix stupid.

His mother (Malmute and Old English Sheep Dog) was a stray and she mated with our farm dog (AKC German Sheppard) and BOXX is the result!

Name:	boxx01.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	7985  

Christmas 2001

Name:	BOXX_Putter_Xmas2002.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	8530  

I needed a positive thread just now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here's a picture of my Perfect Pepper. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I can justify anything!"

Name:	pepbarnfall2001.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	7680  
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~Southern Comfort~:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McLeanHunterRider:
    two pics of our very new dog, Joey. he's half Shih-Tzu, half Poodle, and he's 8 weeks old. my mom brought him into work, and someone at her office took these pictures of him....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a Shih-Poo. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Our friends have one of those, his name is Spike and he is TOO TOO cute. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have one also, except that I call Maggie a Poo-Tzu (pronounced "pooshoo"). THis is Maggie (with her favorite stuffed toy) at 1 year old.

I also own the world's finest Bearded Schpooterraps (Bearded Collie, Schnauser, Poodle, Terrier and Lhasa Apso). Shelby sets the standard for the breed and is the best looking Bearded Schpooterraps you have ever seen! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Horses are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Name:	Maggie_em.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	5433  
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Gotta love those Danes, Cashmere! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yours is absolutely beautiful! Norman is getting ready for obedience training. I can't wait! It worked wonders on our JRT who is Norman's official chew toy.

I have the best Horse show dog. Yes! He is also a shih-Tzu / Poodle combo. He hangs out at my shop all day long and greets the customers. I never have to worry that he will go after someone's dog or small kid.

Cashmere and Amy86~
    I have a foster Dane that I'm coming to terms with being here permently, he has some severe issues [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I wonder if he'd like horse shows. I don't have a pic of him but he fawn, ears, and tail cropped~he had a bad case of "happy tail" and is a whopping 180 pounds. Maybe hosre shows would booster his confidence, but, he's bigger then the back seat of my F 350! How do you guys travel with your Danes? Does everyone that meets them ask if he's a pony, or where's the saddle?

Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris
    http://community.webshots.com/user/flycak
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

Oh my gosh there are so many beautiful and different (in a good way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]) dogs on this thread.

My dog is a high maintenance horse show dog. So she doesn't come when I show, or when it is an indoor. There is a little bit too much of the border collie 'intenseness' there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

Her claim to fame is when she tries to 'help' the horses out by muttering, whining, and if the rider clucks or flaps then she gives a little yip! Makes me paranoid when we're watching the big classes at Spruce Meadows and sitting somewhere near a fence. I'll put one hand over her eyes, and another around her muzzle when the horse is on the approach, and over the fence, just in case her noise distracts the horse. Sure does get the people around smiling though, even some of the riders laugh at my red face while she's sitting there muttering like some old woman.

The only picture I have on my computer is her in full recline, with my good friend Susie/Kachoo.

Alixe

Name:	susie_and_Mocha_-_moving_day.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	8091  

Oh Mein Gott! Cashmere and Amy86 you beest having veerry handzome dogz. Mein self, I beest a veerry handzome Dane und mein mutter (she vorships me) introduzed me to von horze zhowz und I even have von horzey zizter. De horzes, dey loff me aber every one loffs me. Don't nott to make fun of mein erz. Mein firzt owner did nott to take care good of dem ven dey vere cutted. Mein mutter (she vorships me) tellz me dey make me even more handzome.

I am King Dane and you WILL bow to my wishes.

Name:	Poncho.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	8153  
    I am King Dane and you WILL bow to my wishes.

My little three legged chow mix [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (got her from the pound that way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) I always took her to the barn and shows hopeing she would improve but she was petrafied of horses. Her closest run in was when she snapped at a horse and grazed his nose that cornered her against the barn in a paddock. The giant percheron stallion didn't balk just jerked up his head and stared curiously at this puny little creature that had invaded his space!!

**Courtney**

"I may not agree with what someone has to say, but I will die for their right to say it" every American

Name:	Siennasmall.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	6312  

Geoff Teall's Maize was my favorite horse show dog, other than my own of course! She was just a great dog. Rest in peace Maize....

The only Black Forest Boar Hound in the United States (on the right).

"I'd be more tactful, if I were wrong."

Name:	DSCF0021.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	4669