The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My "full bred American Mutt" is wonderful! She goes with me everywhere and stays at the tack room while I'm at the ring. Never have quite figured out what she is - but I don't care! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midget.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	5250  

You think people recognising your dog and not you is bad, all the grooms at my old barn called me Ishi because I was always yelling, "Ishi, come here, please!" So 1 started and then they all did it. Even the ones who didn't speak english well, just spoke to me in spanish calling me Ishi, and then my trainers, fellow barn members...
    But it's OK Ishi is a cool dog after all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris
    http://community.webshots.com/user/flycak
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeidiRVT:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shmon:
    Here's my "horse show dog" - Mali, the American Eskimo. She's only been to 1 horse show (does that count?) but everywhere we go, we get stopped because she's so cute and fluffy and WHITE.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When my dog gets around horsey poop (or something else that smells yummy - usually dead [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]) she likes to roll around near and usually on it! I can only imagine trying to keep that little white puffball clean! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Not so dissimilar to your grey horse that decides that the best place for a nap is in the freshest pile of sh*t in the stall huh?

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions and they pass no criticisms."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, believe it or not, I haven't bathed her in about 3 months! Eskies have weird dirt-repellent fur. If they get muddy, the mud crusts up on their fur, and falls right off. Good for keeping the dog clean - bad for keeping the carpet clean!! I'm amazed at how white she keeps herself. Best part is - no dog smell! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

Here's one.. not mine, a friend's, but she is shown in typical "Horse Show Environment"

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
    &lt;3 Justice Served &lt;3
    &lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3
    If riding were all blue ribbons and bright lights, I would have quit long ago. - George Morris

I will have to say my Bernese Mountain Dog "Big Boy" gets a lot of attention when he goes to the shoes. He is 110 lbs of lap dog and loves everyone and everything. As for being the best behaved show dog ... I doubt it but surely the most friendly and gorgeous!

www.picturesquefarm.com

Okay well I have two - Cleo is a 5yr old lab/shepherd/corgi/pitbull/boxer/bloodhound/ wellokaywedon'tknow cross....
    and Isis [pronounced eye - sis] is a four yr old supposed-to-be-pitbull-but-we-think-she's-a-cross,
    and they love to go to shows but Cleo pulls on the leash the whole time, and people are scared of Isis so they often stay home.

Spot this!!
    www.thiessenhorses.freeservers.com

Name:	cleo_waving.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	8396  

oops here's Isis

Spot this!!
    www.thiessenhorses.freeservers.com

Name:	Isismodel.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	7571  

They are wonderful doggy ambassadors. In the photo below the larger male is Angus and smaller female is Sydney (both altered). I look like Julius Cesaer walking around with one on either side. And they just turn into wiggling bundles of energy when people come over to say hello. Boxers really love people.

Another great horse show dog is the Boston terrier. They are boxer personalities in tiny little bodys. At our shows here in San Diego, Otis is the official start box dog mascot. (sorry no photos of Otis)

~Bev

-----------------------
    Finnegans Wake
    Irish Sport Horse x Hanoverian
    16.1hh
    bay

Name:	dogs.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	7351  
    -----------------------
    Finnegans Wake
    Irish Sport Horse x Hanoverian
    16.1hh
    Finn's photo album http://community.webshots.com/user/finnegan24100

My horse show dog. Except she doesn't go to horse shows, because doggies aren't allowed. BAH. But she thinks she is a horse, so its all good. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Rebecca
    http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
    http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/smited/index.html

Surgeon General's Warning: Avril Lavigne is bad for your health

Name:	DaisyJump2.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	7006  
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

My beagle. I loff her. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~Natalie
    You see things; and you say "Why?"
    But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" ~George Bernard Shaw

Name:	goldiecute.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	7372  

That's cute, I have an Angus and Shyloh, which is similar!

They used to go to shows with me, until I stopped showing. They also would go to the barn with me, but Angus loved to jump in the irrigation ditch. He then (coincidentally) came up with Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia. Ack, long story. I'll shut up now.

He is better though!

www.foalcams.com

Name:	AandS2_small.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	4580  
    "Wherever man has left his footprint in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization, we will find the hoofprint of the horse beside it." ~John Moore

...top that trick!

Flame suit on: And he goes off-leash at small horse shows

He can also wag his tail and growl on command...at the same time!!

He of course is a Golden Retriever!

~~*from the same barn as nash's lil eventer gurl, cavessonnoseband2loose and i love a horse named annie*~~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Picturesque:
    I will have to say my Bernese Mountain Dog "Big Boy" gets a lot of attention when he goes to the shoes. He is 110 lbs of lap dog and loves everyone and everything. As for being the best behaved show dog ... I doubt it but surely the most friendly and gorgeous!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOFF LOFF LOFF Bernese Mountain Dogs. They're absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I've always wanted one!! One day, when I move out of my little apartment with a little yard and into a place where a dog can run around, I'll get one of those big boys. I can see it now - huge black (and tan and white) hairy beast with little white fuzzball running around the yard. Do you have any pics of your boy? I'd love to see 'em [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

p.s. Eskies were circus dogs at one point (no real useful purpose like hounds or hunting dogs!), and my eskie has excellent balance on 2 legs. She stands up on her hind legs to see what's on tables and counters (but doesn't put her paws on the table!) and walks around or does little bunny hops on 2 legs. That's her coolest trick [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

My Janky dog! She's 100% Greyhound...straight off the racetrack, and the uber-show dog! My horse just adores her. He sees her coming and his ears prick up and he drags me over to her. It's too cute. She'll just stand there while he sniffs her and nuzzles her.

Name:	ghound_picnic0023.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	5072  
    Remember...though eagles may soar, weasles never get sucked into a jet engine.

Soar like a weasle my friend.

Years ago we had a Newfoundland who loved going to a horse show. All you had to do was hook up the trailer and he got excited. The great part was that all the kids loved him. He was like a big teddy bear. More often than not, little kids would run up to him and give him a hug and he would give them a lick on the face.

We now have an English Setter that loves going anywhere except to the Vet. She is more like a Springer Spaniel at shows. She spends more time in the air than on the ground.

rideem
    "The will to succeed is no good without the will to prepare" -- Craig Cameron
    rideem
    \"The will to succeed is no good without the will to prepare\" -- Craig Cameron

Hoodoo, Devo is simply the cutest dog I have ever seen! I love him. There is something about him that reminds me of my dog...only mine has fur!

That BIG snout of his (very generous nose he's got there!) I so want to kiss it!

Anyways, my dog would pee his pants in excitement if I took him to a horse show. Munsterlander Ludger is a farm dog.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I had an English bulldog named Archie, who, while he was not a horse show dog (I had him before I started riding English, believe it or not), was the coolest dog of all time. I'll attach a shot of his sexy self.

Cheers,
    Susie
    http://www.kachoom.com

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

Name:	archie.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	4453  
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

here is tiberius, my mom's malamute when he was about 8 wks old. that's my stepdad up, who once got an email about what a cute grandson he has.

time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas.

Name:	johnlily.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	4624  

I think I have mis-spelled "Catahoula" but many moons ago I knew a fantastic LCBTH owned by a trainer who was really the uber-horse show dog. Respectful of horses, never underfoot, and those lovely blue eyes.

My beloved Super Max Dog, who passed away last January, was a great horse show dog, a Dobie Rott cross. Except for the time I had to shell out $50 to get him out of the WEF slammer for getting caught in the "food court" area. Hey, what's the big deal, he was eating out of the dumpster, it's not like any people were doing that .... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Big Jake the Dobe is much too full of himself as an energetic 3 year old to be a very good barn dog, so he stays home.

A Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are simply the BEST!
    Here's Nala doing what she does best!

~Run fast, Jump high. What else is there?~

Name:	Nala_2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	4636  
    ~Run and Jump!~