The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Okay, saw the one about implants and couldn't resist.

HOWEVER, on a truthful note, do y'all have any extra strappage goin' on up there when you ride? If I remember and am going to do a lot of arena work, I'll put the sports bra on over the regular one.

Et vous?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Okay, saw the one about implants and couldn't resist.

HOWEVER, on a truthful note, do y'all have any extra strappage goin' on up there when you ride? If I remember and am going to do a lot of arena work, I'll put the sports bra on over the regular one.

Et vous?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

For heavy work, two sportsbras, one regular and one racingback. For lighter stuff, just the racingback. Seems to do the trick for me.

Proud Member Of The Canadian Clique
    Proud Member Of The Canadian Clique

Three, every time every ride. I'm a 34 DD.

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

two.
    Though sometimes I forget and wear the regular bra (like if I go riding after work). It works but it can be uncomfortable.

"A horse which stops dead just before a jump thus propels its rider into a graceful arc provides for general merriment" - Duke of Edinburgh

i have a flat chest [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

~*Tiff*~

Tiff
    &
    Stormy

I'm OK wearing a really good sports bra (there aren't too many that work well). Champion makes a really nice one. At shows, however, when I really want to look "sleek", I tape those puppies up with an Ace bandage.

BTW, I bought one of those "Minimal Bounce" riding bras once and I HATED it. It gave me total "uni-boob" (where it looks like you have 1 big boob right in the middle of your chest), and the "one big" boob still bounced around.
    My train of thought is running off its tracks!

Yep, the Champion high impact is the best I've found (36 D). Though on some days, it seems thre isn't anything strong enough.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I know what you mean, Portia! I truly hate my boobs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

"I can justify anything!"
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Just not when doing a sitting trot.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

~the back of my horse, where the view is best!

Check out Title 9 Sports. Do a web search. They have a huge selection of styles & types of sports bras. Another D+ here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~<>~ Remember, the Ark was built by a rank amateur; the Titanic was built by a team of experts~<>~

I use duct tape or vet wrap or both when I'm showing the Eq. It sucks. And it hurts. But at least I get the "no bounce" effect.

And damn can I fill out a strapless dress.

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

Ugh, so why would people want implants??

I'm naturally a larger-busted woman (and a popular implant size I've been told) and why any one would CHOOSE to be that size is beyond me.

I use a Champion something or another. I don't like it, it's uncomfortable but it works.

Maybe I'll try the vet rap method!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is nothing so grand as to fly on the back of a horse!
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Don't I wish I could donate my boobs to the auction [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]Yet another use for duct tape hehehehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haven't fund a sports bra that I care for-but never am without underwire.

GOD-do I want to post this on the internet???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

same reason why women with straight hair get perms and women with curly hair get relaxers.

The grass is always greener.....

"A horse which stops dead just before a jump thus propels its rider into a graceful arc provides for general merriment" - Duke of Edinburgh

When I'm in shape I'm a 34DD, but right now I'm between a 36 and a 38DD; there's a lot to go in those strapless dresses, but it's hard to defy gravity when wearing one!

When I ride I wear one relatively new Body by Victoria full coverage bra. By relatively new, I mean it hasn't lost any of it's bracing elastic strength, the back and straps stay put, and generally nothing moves. If all the relatively news are needing to be washed, I wear a relatively worn out and just do a lot of walking, or two relatively worn outs and hope for the best. In all cases, three hooks in the back are the absolute minimum.

I just don't like sports bras. Well, I have a nice Champion lycra sports bra that I sleep in, but that's about it.

pregnancy wreaks havoc on your bra size .. I went up 4 sizes, which moved me from ordinary to massive. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Title 9 has a good collection, including bras that have a lot of support but you don't have to pull over your head. My favorite bra is the Athena by Moving Comfort - no uniboob, and a closure so you can get in and out. Unfortunately, it's discontinued now, but I was able to search the net and find it on closeout (and stock up).
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Prekids I was a 36 C. Riding setup is Champion sports bra over hanes sports bra (the kind with cups to prevent the uniboob), every ride every time. They are real and I love 'em but sometimes I suffer (especially after 2 kids and all that that entailed) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Oh I know, it is always greener.
    And I used to be one of those who got perms for like, ever!! Now, no way.

What makes it even better is the I'm a 34 but one is a D and one is a C. No lie. I generally buy to fit the bigger side but it makes the other side, well, not right. You know?

Ah, if only I could be a nice B. Oops, that grass is looking green again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is nothing so grand as to fly on the back of a horse!
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

When do we get a thread for those of us who, when having their annual mammogram, find the skin from their back being stretched and whirled forward like salt water taffy so there's actually something under the machine?

Bra stuffers of the world, unite! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]