The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

OK, I'm bored today, but when I was driving all over the country horse showing I always brought my giant Akita as company and protection. We always got stopped, as he was so big and different looking (too bad not always friendly, but he is an Akita after all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])There were always the coolest selection of dogs at horse shows. My barn had a few Rodesian Ridgebacks, but I met a very cool Aussie and Dane at Trader's Point, and unfortunately a Dalmation with kennel cough at High Prarie.

So what dog (if any) do you bring to horse shows, or what's the coolest dog you've met showing?

Here's a pic of my Akita guarding his couch!

Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris
    http://community.webshots.com/user/flycak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ishi1.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	4898  
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

OK, I'm bored today, but when I was driving all over the country horse showing I always brought my giant Akita as company and protection. We always got stopped, as he was so big and different looking (too bad not always friendly, but he is an Akita after all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])There were always the coolest selection of dogs at horse shows. My barn had a few Rodesian Ridgebacks, but I met a very cool Aussie and Dane at Trader's Point, and unfortunately a Dalmation with kennel cough at High Prarie.

So what dog (if any) do you bring to horse shows, or what's the coolest dog you've met showing?

Here's a pic of my Akita guarding his couch!

- George H. Morris
    WestWind Farms
    - George H. Morris

Chesapeak Bay Retriever, Sage, at Rolex.

"I'd be more tactful, if I were wrong."

Name:	sage.JPG 
Views:	384 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	8694  

Here's my "horse show dog" - Mali, the American Eskimo. She's only been to 1 horse show (does that count?) but everywhere we go, we get stopped because she's so cute and fluffy and WHITE.

Name:	himali.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	7943  
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

My Peruvian Inca Orchid!
    We get stopped everywhere...we often joke that we will start handing people brochures instead of going through the usual set of questions...Is he SUPPOSED to be hairless? Do you shave him everyday? Does he get sunburned? Does he have cancer?
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Name:	Devo7.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	5339  
    \"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a wand and a strip search.\"

pic of Devo

Name:	devo6.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	8348  
    \"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a wand and a strip search.\"

English Setter, found in the culvert by my pasture as a wee pup.

Why not?

Name:	d_and_soapy.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	4730  

there was a tiny sweet little jack russel at a horse show i went to this past weekend named snaffles [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

*Spring Break*
    *Simon*
    *Homie S*

I bring my little Pom to all horse shows...she's perfectly well behaved and I often get questions asking why she isn't barking all the time.

This past summer I called a number of tests for friends and I called them with my dog in my arms. A few judges raised eyebrows but nothing was mentioned.

I think more people recognize my dog and have no idea who I am (not that they should)... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

even a dog might need a hard hat and body armor

Name:	death_wish_dog.gif 
Views:	451 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	4550  
    more hay, less grain

Katarine, I think the best dogs find us! Yours is a cutie! I saw a Pit Bull get hit by a car as I was getting off the highway going to a show. I stopped and he got up, jumped in the pickup bed, with the gooseneck trailer, and he's been with me ever since. He is the best dog (with a new agility title [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]) but he is a pit bull and there is some funky laws about them, so he stays at home alot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Hoodoo~don't you just love owning a rare breed? My fiance has a Neapolitan Mastiff, and people always ask if he's a Sher Pei~no he's 8 months old and 120 pounds! So I tell them he's a new breed called a King Sher Pei [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

- George H. Morris
    WestWind Farms
    - George H. Morris

Here is Miss Victoria and our JRT Elliott. Doing what they do best [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Laura

Name:	deaddoggies.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	7821  
    Laura

At the barn we have a Rottie and she loooooooves to go everywhere. She should be the Rottie Ambassador, cause she is the perfect dog, exactly how a Rottwieler should be. She has been to Upperville a couple times, and probably more shows, so she has made her horse show debut!

Leah Palmer has the coolest JRT. Def has a shot at winning the best horse show dog award, it even went into the Liverpool at the Upperville Grand Prix!! Luckily, this was after the show when we were allowed to walk the course, not while the horse's were on course, lol.

-Natalie

"All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl."
    -Natalie

proud member of the MOOP clique (although I am now positive that I have a pony in my 15.3hh bodied horse)

\"All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.\"

PLaying tug-o-war

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

Name:	Tug_o_war.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	6841  

Taffy doesn't "do" horse shows cuz she's 16 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] and pretty darn ferocious to other dogs (no one ever told her she was a toy poodle). But when she was little and I was a kid, I'd take her "canadian show jumping" (the jump standards were stools and the "fences" were wrapping paper rolls) and IU must say, she was a scopey little animal.

~Veronica

"The Son Dee Times"

Name:	taffyloafing.gif 
Views:	267 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	5549  
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shmon:
    Here's my "horse show dog" - Mali, the American Eskimo. She's only been to 1 horse show (does that count?) but everywhere we go, we get stopped because she's so cute and fluffy and WHITE.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When my dog gets around horsey poop (or something else that smells yummy - usually dead [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]) she likes to roll around near and usually on it! I can only imagine trying to keep that little white puffball clean! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Not so dissimilar to your grey horse that decides that the best place for a nap is in the freshest pile of sh*t in the stall huh?

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions and they pass no criticisms."
    \"Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions and they pass no criticisms.\"

two pics of our very new dog, Joey. he's half Shih-Tzu, half Poodle, and he's 8 weeks old. my mom brought him into work, and someone at her office took these pictures of him....

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Name:	joeysface.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	4536  

here's another picture of him. to keep this on-topic, he has never been to a horse show before. besides, he's a foo-foo dog. no working for him [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Name:	attackingmitre_badge.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	4863  

horse show puppies... sly-far left deceased, chester middle 4 yrs old now, and zela rottie on the end 8 now she and chester go to all the shows =)

Name:	slycz.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	5727  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McLeanHunterRider:
    two pics of our very new dog, Joey. he's half Shih-Tzu, half Poodle, and he's 8 weeks old. my mom brought him into work, and someone at her office took these pictures of him....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a Shih-Poo. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Our friends have one of those, his name is Spike and he is TOO TOO cute. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I take my little JRT Dottie everywhere. She weighs like 9 lbs., but she thinks she's much bigger. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] And whoever made the comment about people knowing your dog but having no idea who you are, SO TRUE! Everyone runs up to me screaming, "DOTTIE!!...Wait, who are you?" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] LOL

~Sarah~

~*Southern Comfort*~

~Disgruntled College Students Clique~Georgia Clique~Junior Clique~ Buckle Bunnies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~Disgruntled College Students Clique~Georgia Clique~