The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

There was a thread about this subject a while back..I agree the AQHA has many many great qualities! Of course there are "warts" but at least it is affordable and there is a great incentive (fund) program to GIVE BACK to the membership! (not including all the great prizes/trophies/trucks/trailers/etc!)

Betsy
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

USA Eq is trying HARD to emulate much that the AQHA is doing - especially in terms of sponsorships, etc. The AQHA is trying to emulate the USA Eq's D&M rules and proceedures, and now uses "our" testing facilities.

If and when you have problems with the USA Eq, write them - tell them YOUR vision for the sport. They DO want to hear from all of us, these days. (Although, I will say, that I do not believe that is as true for the NJHC - however, that is JUST my opinion.)

On the subject at hand, I will get Erin to post a couple of articles on testing proceedures and tolerances. OR I may copy and paste them into a new thread.
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Let's continue this discussion on the new thread and limit it to the D&M rules, objections, etc etc. This thread is getting long!

Thanks.

New Thread link

[Edited to fix the URL link so it's not so wide]

[This message was edited by Portia on Oct. 25, 2001 at 12:08 PM.]
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!