The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Yup- New season- New gripes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

This months December PHA Meeting was mostly planning for the new year. The dinner dance was of course a big topic. Points will be finished by the end of this week and the last invitations will also be mailed. I am going to bring some blank ones on saturday so if you would like one flag me down. I will be there ALL Day[Sag Pond]

PHA horse show comittee met and we are still in the process of tweaking the time scheduel and working on the all weather footing being installed. This year at the dinner dance there will be a 50/50 raffle,$10.00 a pop and that will go towards the horse show fund. The more money we have to work with, the better our show will be. And remeber guys, it is OUR show, all us L.I.'s so lets do it up right!

We also need to think about our spring seminar. Any ideas?

The future web-site was also a discussion. A proposal has been sent to Laura Reed[president LIHSAA] so hopefully we hear from her soon. This is priority in my opinion at this time.

It's a new year so I hope to see more active members this year so we can do the best we can at all our future functions.

Feedback from the masses........

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Dec. 06, 2001 at 06:32 PM.]
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

Yup- New season- New gripes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

This months December PHA Meeting was mostly planning for the new year. The dinner dance was of course a big topic. Points will be finished by the end of this week and the last invitations will also be mailed. I am going to bring some blank ones on saturday so if you would like one flag me down. I will be there ALL Day[Sag Pond]

PHA horse show comittee met and we are still in the process of tweaking the time scheduel and working on the all weather footing being installed. This year at the dinner dance there will be a 50/50 raffle,$10.00 a pop and that will go towards the horse show fund. The more money we have to work with, the better our show will be. And remeber guys, it is OUR show, all us L.I.'s so lets do it up right!

We also need to think about our spring seminar. Any ideas?

The future web-site was also a discussion. A proposal has been sent to Laura Reed[president LIHSAA] so hopefully we hear from her soon. This is priority in my opinion at this time.

It's a new year so I hope to see more active members this year so we can do the best we can at all our future functions.

Feedback from the masses........

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Dec. 06, 2001 at 06:32 PM.]
    Stevie Nicks

I hope you meant FUNCTIONS, Deb!!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

The 'n' has been added. LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] thank goodness for the spelling police!

Anyone with "vintage" photos that might be used to enhance the ambiance at the 50th anniversary PHA dinner dance, please contact me <<mcleq@aol.com>>

Mary- Is it 8x10's that you need? Can't you go to a local Walgreens or CVS and make the copies yourself? If so I can give you a few when I get time to make the copies. Can you and Neil get there a little early the night of the dance for set-up? Janet, I've seen that wall of pictures. I know you have some great ones.
    Stevie Nicks

I'm on the picture search as I type!! Will have some for you Mary, on Saturday at the show. Almost all are 8 x 10, to big??? But you guys need to get some from our more senior members!! Mine date back mostly to the early 70's, I've got one from '68!! Unless, of course, you want the one with the rattle in my hand.

I think I can find some of Dad "Harry deLeyer" of Snowman or Dutch Crown, I know I have some just have to go digging for them, If I cant find them which I will, Deb do you think Mom will give me one? LOL.... and will you ask her for it!!LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I need to go dinner dance outfit shopping. Maybe you could come here to go to the mall and we could stop over 'Moms' so you can pick those pictures up! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

I have several dresses I can't get into anymore, Deb, if you'd like to shop in my closet!! But you gotta be of the sequint frame of mind. I have a light blue one that's great and 2 black and gold jobs, one we call the Tentacle Dress. Red/orange sparkly number.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gold Dust:

We also need to think about our spring seminar. Any ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we get GM again? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And Janet, I never would've pegged you as the sequined type! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Deb, I think you should take her up on the offer....sequines and glitters are still very in you know??!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and while you're out shopping...don't forget to pick up the dead donkey for that raffle! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

What is with the dead donkey thing?

You posted at 2:43am? Oh my god I was in a coma at that time...I think if Andre' found out that I posted at that time the computer would of been thrown out the window. LOL! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I will go to the mall with you to go outfit shopping but I pick out your outfit? LOL, to think this year I have to shop in a different store and size!!! And about going to moms for the picture, I'll ask her mail it! It Christmas time and we dont want to get the season started on the wrong foot, even though you are already there!! LOL. I am laughing my --- off as I am writing this and I am sure you are too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Yeah, I posted at 230am-somebody has to hold down this fort while the deLeyer girls sleep. Looks like last night it was me and Jane.

Looks like we have yet another update on the infamous website. It's getting soooo EXCITING. Looks like the cross enterer has gotten herself a champion-maybe it's time that we enforce the rules.

email me about enforcing rules
    Brilyntrip

Mary- Where were you yesterday? I brought my pics to the show and no you!!!

Dress seekers- Tonka Man jock told me about a great store, Estelle's Somethingorother, on 110 in Farmingdale. I know, a bit of a ride, but she said it was worth it. Lots of sparklies!! She got herself a purple number!! She also said the prices were reasonable.

Watching your venerable judge's kids, among others!

Remember the part about e-mailing or calling me if you have pictures?? I would've made a run over to the show if I'dda KNOWN....but it was fun taking Anna and Hannah to see Santa...

Please! anyone with photos call/or e-mail (MCLeq@aol.com)so I can arrange to get them from you!

Me........come on guys. I leave that for Janet. The simple long jacket and pant look is what I cann't seem to sway away from!!! I am in search of an outfit I saw on Sally Jesse Rapael [no, Sally did not wear it] The horror of shopping will start one day this week! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jane:

Can we get GM again? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had Conrad a couple of years ago do a course designing clinic and some people expressed having him back again. G.M. was last year so repeat of last year probably is not good. I thought a good idea might be a horse show manager from one of these large circuit shows would be a good idea.?
    Stevie Nicks