The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Canadians are awesome! Imagine getting 17,000 people dumped on you to feed and shelter for days. Done.

I, too, remember the Canadians who rescued our people in the mideast 20 years ago. I was working in Washington DC then and on the building directly across the street from the Canadian Embassy a HUGE building-sized sign was hung up saying THANKS, CANADA!!!

We've got the best neighbors in the world. Please let your Canadian friends know that we in the US are very thankful and grateful. When the world runs us down, not all countries have a good word. Canada usually does, and even more important, their actions speak louder. Rest assured we'll never forget it.

Unfortunately, in the Globe & Mail this morning, a large Toronto, Ontario Hotel had instructed it's staff to DOUBLE the cost of a room. The individual who spoke with the newspaper has outright refused to comply.

On a more positive note, my colleague has just arrived at our office from Cambridge, Ontario. On the 401 West outside of the Cami plant, a trucker has pulled his rig over to the side of the overpass and is slowly waving an American flag. She immediately started to weep.

[This message was edited by Quinn on Sep. 13, 2001 at 04:07 PM.]
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Quinn...I also heard that report about the hotel over charging. For those people I always feel that what goes around comes around. On a more humanitarian note there were 50,000 calls into City Hall on Tuesday evening from Toronto citizens offering their home to stranded Americans unable to get home.

That in itself is wonderful. I was driving home on Tuesday in a weepy fog and listening to different reports on the radio. One reporter was speaking to a young guy in Toronto who had driven to the airport looking to offer a meal, shelter, transportation....anything to help.
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Allow me to convey my deepest, deepest thanks for your support. Whenever I've visited your wonderful country, I've been struck by the friendliness and, yes, charm of your countrymen. And at this awful time, it comes to the fore again.

To those who would "blame Canada" for allowing these bastards into the U.S., I hasten to remind you: Those are U.S. Customs officers at the border. We "let them in" ourselves. Which is not to say, however, that the blame belongs anywhere other than heaped upon the subhumans who did this.

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Thanks!

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

My thanks as well for your much appreciated support! Reading some of your posts had me teary once again. We are truly lucky to have such wonderful neighbors to the north.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*