The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I purchased 2 pairs of Pro Circuits off ebay and they are 24's in the low rise and they are WAY too big! The waist measures a few inches too big. I tried on a pair of 22's at the local tack store thinking if the others were a few inches too big then the 22 should probably be just about right on. Nope. Also quite big. My only other option is to try the kids sizes! The couple of pairs of TS breeches I've tried were too big in the 26, but slightly too snug in the 24. I don't know what model those were and they were regular rise. If they were front zip I may have liked them better too. Side zip looks good on some people but I just don't think it does on me. Maybe I will try the breeches on again tomorrow. I haven't even worn them! I guess I can just take them to the used tack consignment store if they aren't going to fit right!

Just received my white ones from TOTD and am not impressed : (

The fabric feels very thin and rough compared to my other Pro Circuits, and they are incredibly see-through. Anyone else having this problem? I love all my other Pro Circuits, but these are a disappointment.

How do they fit compared to the Olympia?

Ariat Pro-Circuits are my favorite breeches of any. I've found them for fantastic prices at sales that local tack stores offer and I always have to pick up another pair of them. They're so comfortable and cool in the summer. I don't mind wearing them all day at shows, they're perfect for working around the barn as well. The only thing I don't like is the price, so when sales come up I buy another pair or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Well then I just have no idea what happened with mine. I received my pair today, and they fit me like those breeches circus performers wear. And it's everywhere, not just the seat area. I've never had a pair of breeches big on my KNEES!

I wear a 26 in Tuffriders and On Course and just about every other breech I've tried on, and small in Kerrits. I have a pair of Heritage breeches from 9 or 10 years ago in a 28, and they're a bit large on me, so it's really baffling me how these are supposed to fit!
    It's just a completely different cut. If Tuff Riders fit you well, then Ariats (especially older ones) will likely not fit you well at all. Tuff Rider is generally cut with about a 6" difference between waist and hip, whereas Ariat is cut with about a 10" difference.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAtTheBarn View Post
    Just received my white ones from TOTD and am not impressed : (

The fabric feels very thin and rough compared to my other Pro Circuits, and they are incredibly see-through. Anyone else having this problem? I love all my other Pro Circuits, but these are a disappointment.
    Do you have other white pairs to compare to?

I can't comment on the white pairs, but I compared my new beige to my old beige & grey pair. I read the material contents (same) & felt the pants. The grey pair has been washed quite a bit more so the material does feel slightly different on the inside, but the exteriors felt similar.

I just got mine yesterday. The material does feel a bit thinner, IMO. I had a my old pair on (just got home from the barn) and took them off to try the new ones on.

I was surprised because TOTD was out of my size so I went up a size. My current ones are a bit loose, not hugely so, but there's a bit of wiggle room. The news ones, while bigger in the waist, are much tighter in the legs. Sigh. Not sure if Ariat has altered their cut again, but it seems so. My other pairs are just fine (I have a total of 9 pairs of them).
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Giddy-up: I do have others that I compared them to, in all of the other colors they make the pro circuits in and the whites are definately thinner and lower quality .

Hopefully I can at least make my money back on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    I just got mine yesterday. The material does feel a bit thinner, IMO. I had a my old pair on (just got home from the barn) and took them off to try the new ones on.
    I tried mine on yesterday, and I agree with you, RugBug, that the material feels thinner than the older ProCircuits.

Still a bargain at $97, though

I ordered some of these too and HATE them.

They are to tight and I even went up a size from what I normally wear in the Ariat breeches.

I was so stoked on the deal i thought i was getting but am not stuck with two pairs that I don't like at all- boo
    ::Karley::

Henry (House of Fortuny) 7 yr old OTTB
    http://dondeestahenry.blogspot.com/

So I finally received my Ariats in beige, regular rise from TOTD.

They are too high waisted and tighter in the waist than the other brands of breeches I own of the same size.

They fit pretty good everywhere else maybe a tad baggy in the hip area, but then again I have no shape. I especially like the fabric.

Question - since this is my first pair of Ariats. Do other styles of Ariats have the same fuzzyness inside? These kept me nice and cool on an 80 degree day.

Thanks.

I finally got mine too, in beige and the fit is a little wierd. I'll definitely be sticking to TS's unless I can try on a pair next time. TIGHT in the waist band only, pretty loose everywhere else. They seem a little extra-high, but I think it will be fine with a coat over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridinwyoming View Post
    So I finally received my Ariats in beige, regular rise from TOTD.

They are too high waisted and tighter in the waist than the other brands of breeches I own of the same size.

They fit pretty good everywhere else maybe a tad baggy in the hip area, but then again I have no shape. I especially like the fabric.

Question - since this is my first pair of Ariats. Do other styles of Ariats have the same fuzzyness inside? These kept me nice and cool on an 80 degree day.

Thanks.
    All my pro circuits are fuzzy inside. As they wear, the fuzz tends to pill off a bit.

I'm cracking up a bit at all the different fits for people. I'm pear-shaped and Ariats Pro-Circuits were one of the only breeches that I could find that would fit me in the legs and not be hugely baggy in the waist. The ones I purchased have not lived up to that experience. They are huge in the waist and tight in the legs and fit nothing like the other 6 pairs I have. I've never NEEDED to wear a belt with these breeches and I do now because of how badly they gap at the waist. It's a good thing that I didn't get my actual size because while the fit would've been better in the waist, they would've been obscene in the thighs.

I wore the new ones for the first time last night and the fabric is definitely thinner. I was actually worried that you might be able to see my tell of my undergarmets.

None of the other Ariat breeches have ever fit me and it seems Ariat is changing the cut of the Pro-Circuits to match the other styles. It's a shame when a company can't leave a good thing alone and not try to be all things to all people.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

What store is totd please?

TOTD is Tack of the Day.

www.tackoftheday.com

They have one item for sale every day, usually at a steep discount. But it's kind of a "you take what you get" situation and sometimes the things are sized weird or are otherwise different from the normal item. Sometimes it's the same item or there is something off with the labeling. No returns. However, since it's usually way cheaper, many of us roll the dice and take our chances with it.