The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ariat Pro-Circuit Breeches

TOTD has a good price on the Pro-Circuit Breeches today so I grabbed a pair of the regular rise. Usually the Ariats are out of my budget so I'm hoping these are a good fit.

How do these hold up and how high is the rise?

I have a pair that I am going to get rid of because I never actually have worn them. The regular rise goes up to the middle of my ribcage! Also, they are not built like other Ariat breeches and work for someone who has wider hips and smaller waist. I am built more straight from waist to hips.

I have and love these breeches. I had to physically restrain myself from buying more. As in, they were in my shopping cart and I was *this* close to getting my credit card number when I said NO! and had to close the internet window

They wear like absolute IRON and I love them.

I think that I have a pair of regular rise and a pair of low. I actually like the regular rise because my shirts don't get untucked. They don't come up to my armpits like some of my older breeches. I think I'm pretty average in torso length...

I don't think the low rise is a super low as some breeches these days.

I would highly recommend them to anyone!!

ETA: i posted the same time as madkat and apparently we have very different views on the rise! I do particularly like these breeches because they fit my hourglass shape. Maybe the fact that I have hips makes the ride a little lower on me? I don't know... for $100 I'd get a pair and sell them on ebay if you don't like the fit.

Just ordered a pair of the mid-rise. From the description, it sounds as if they will fit me well. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have a pair of show breeches I like, but I couldn't pass up this deal!

I love these breeches, mine are the regular rise, which comes to my natural waist. I dislike low rise.

I LOVE these. I've got the low rise ones and they've lasted great. Ordering another pair (the blue paisley ones) from Horseloverz today... hey, why not?
    Trying a life outside of FEI tents and hotel rooms.

Thank you!! I have been hunting ebay for a good deal on these for like 2 months.
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

UGHH -- I went to the site and had a pair in the cart. Then realized, I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE BREECHES! I am a breeches junkie, and I must stop!!!!!!

So, I exercised some self control and exited the page. But I don't know if I have the will power to not go back!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    UGHH -- I went to the site and had a pair in the cart. Then realized, I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE BREECHES! I am a breeches junkie, and I must stop!!!!!!

So, I exercised some self control and exited the page. But I don't know if I have the will power to not go back!
    Hahaha...I did the same thing. Had a pair in the shopping cart, forced myself to delete it, then went back later and read the comments about how nicely they fit. I ended up getting a pair.

I now have two pairs of nice show breeches and about 8 pairs of schooling breeches. I ride 3X/week and show once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Hahaha...I did the same thing. Had a pair in the shopping cart, forced myself to delete it, then went back later and read the comments about how nicely they fit. I ended up getting a pair.

I now have two pairs of nice show breeches and about 8 pairs of schooling breeches. I ride 3X/week and show once a month.
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have been coveting them since I borrowed a friends pair a few months ago. I bought them, and I currently don't have a horse, ride maybe once a month when someone lends me some saddle time, and can't forsee showing in the relative future at all. But since I don't have any show breeches that fit, and when I did get an opportunity to catch ride a few months ago, and I had to borrow some... well I thought I better get some new show ones anyway. Just in case!
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU for posting!

Just ordered 2 of the Low-Rise Khakis with shipping for less than the cost of 1 pair with tax at the store!

I live in the Low Rises. Accidentally bought a pair of regular rise from SmartPak last year, didn't realize it until horse show morning 2 months later and didn't have anything else clean, so had to wear them ... Now I have a pair of 1x use breeches =\

But replacements are on the way! Hip hip hooray!
    CLIPclop Bodyclipping by Morgan
    Serving North GA with high quality clips.
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

Does anyone know if these are Euroseat?

Pro-Circuits typically are not euroseat.
    CLIPclop Bodyclipping by Morgan
    Serving North GA with high quality clips.
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

Gah I just bought a pair of these literally yesterday for $140. I wish I would have waited one more day to buy these! To buy another pair or not...any enablers out there?

I have these in every color except white (green paisley, blue paisley, khaki, tan, fawn) but I have never even tried them on in white. Does anyone know if they have good coverage in white or if they are a little see-through? Not like I need another pair of white...but if I bought them I could say I have the pro circuits in every color ; )

Errr...I am an ariat pro-circuit hoarder. I wore girls 16Rs FOREVER until they literally stretched with me. I have a pair of beige, fawn, and grey. The grey pair are my favorite. I just ordered myself a low rise pair in beige...I need another pair that fit me well I find the high rise a little too high for me but they fit my shape well (small waist and wider through the hips).

These are my favorite show breeches, and the only tan show breeches I'll wear. They're amazing, last through show day after show day and still look incredible. I bought a new pair for this coming show season and hung them up in my closet next to my old pairs that have been through the wash 700 times, and the only way to tell a difference between them are the tags! I cannot believe how well they hold up.

I will agree they fit differently than your average Ariat; they are rather smaller in the waist and seem more generously apportioned through the lower thigh. This causes some fit problems for me, but it's not enough that I'll switch breeches to something unknown.

All mine are low rise because I have the shortest waist ever, and they still come up to my belly button.

Just caved and bought a pair in white. When looking through my show breeches I remembered that I have a pair in grey too. Oi vey, I need to block TOTD from my internet access.

I love these breeches--thank you for posting!!! I am going to order another beige pair to keep just for showing & use my current beige at the barn. I love my gray pair too!

Does anybody have a coupon code?

I have never ordered from TOTD before, but I like the way they handle shipping charges.

Does anyone know how the sizing runs compared to Equine Couture or Dover Competitors? I don't like anything skin tight or too tight! Would these work for me?

Thanks!!

I got them in regular rise, but I'm not sure if they're going to be to high. If so, I guess they're under my jacket anyway. Do you think it's worth it to order some low-rises and sell the extras online?