The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

People do all kinds of dumb things to carriage horses. In my city its a felony to mess with them, but people definitely do it anyway.

I had my mare stopped a few feet behind a crosswalk waiting for the light to turn green. Some idiot walked up and just punched her in the face. For no reason. Mare is kind of a bitch (I love her, she likes her handful of people and pretty much no one else) and the *only* horse downtown who is likely to react this way, but she reached out and GRABBED him by the shoulder and started to lift him off the ground. Cop was standing there watching as he had a hissy fit that my mare bit him. Cop was just like yeah? Sucks! Probably shouldn't have punched her.... Guy started shouting about suing the company and all that. My boss is an ex police dispatcher and most of us are friends with or at the very least on good terms with the officers downtown. They are fairly unamused when people mess with us... The cop was just like, "Uhhh, you do realize its a felony to mess with the carriage horses, right?"

I've had PETA demonstrators try to slash my harness. On more than one occasion. Because that would be fun. A 2000lb horse running loose in a downtown setting. If you ACTUALLY care about the horse, you probably wouldn't think that's a good idea.

I've had people run up and slap the horse on the rump while they're napping at a carriage stand.

People are dumb...

Hunh...of all the times I drove my big rig through St. Louis, I never knew there were carriage horses there. Learn something new every day, eh?
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by candysgirl View Post
    People do all kinds of dumb things to carriage horses. In my city its a felony to mess with them, but people definitely do it anyway.

I had my mare stopped a few feet behind a crosswalk waiting for the light to turn green. Some idiot walked up and just punched her in the face. For no reason. Mare is kind of a bitch (I love her, she likes her handful of people and pretty much no one else) and the *only* horse downtown who is likely to react this way, but she reached out and GRABBED him by the shoulder and started to lift him off the ground. Cop was standing there watching as he had a hissy fit that my mare bit him. Cop was just like yeah? Sucks! Probably shouldn't have punched her.... Guy started shouting about suing the company and all that. My boss is an ex police dispatcher and most of us are friends with or at the very least on good terms with the officers downtown. They are fairly unamused when people mess with us... The cop was just like, "Uhhh, you do realize its a felony to mess with the carriage horses, right?"
    Theat idiot deserved to be run in for being stupid. breaking the law in front of a cop...
    (Yeah Mare though!)

I've had PETA demonstrators try to slash my harness. On more than one occasion. Because that would be fun. A 2000lb horse running loose in a downtown setting. If you ACTUALLY care about the horse, you probably wouldn't think that's a good idea.

I've had people run up and slap the horse on the rump while they're napping at a carriage stand.

People are dumb...
    Ah, if only they actually cared for the animals.
    Those freaking nut jobs have done so much damage by 'setting the poor animals free'
    Terrorists. Plain and simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Ah, if only they actually cared for the animals.
    Those freaking nut jobs have done so much damage by 'setting the poor animals free'
    Terrorists. Plain and simple!
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by candysgirl View Post
    I had my mare stopped a few feet behind a crosswalk waiting for the light to turn green. Some idiot walked up and just punched her in the face. For no reason. Mare is kind of a bitch (I love her, she likes her handful of people and pretty much no one else) and the *only* horse downtown who is likely to react this way, but she reached out and GRABBED him by the shoulder and started to lift him off the ground.
    I think I love your mare!
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

I can feel my blood pressure rise when I read ignorant statements by people that do not wish to educate themselves.

ElisLove. I read what the group responded to your post. I am sure you wrote something intelligent and truthful and they just tromped on it and banned you so you could not infect the people that read their posts.

I just have to shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by hackinaround View Post
    Its sad huh? People who know nothing about horses attacking and protesting and convincing other non horse people that what they are seeing is abuse.

I feel like the NYC carriage's and other equine pursuits that are under attack from this ilk are similar to the first line of defense.....if we lose them we open up the flood gates for these people to do the same to other groups.
    Huh... I commented on a couple pics only saying that the horses looked healthy and well cared for and not only were my comments deleted by I was banned from making any further comments.

I was pretty much ignoring the CHC page but now I feel a sudden urge to share my opinion on it with everyone I'm friends with in FB...

Quote Originally Posted by Niennor View Post
    Huh... I commented on a couple pics only saying that the horses looked healthy and well cared for and not only were my comments deleted by I was banned from making any further comments.

I was pretty much ignoring the CHC page but now I feel a sudden urge to share my opinion on it with everyone I'm friends with in FB...
    I was saying its sad that they banned and deleted you .. just like they do everyone who does not support their small minded hysterical ideals

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to sound like i was asking a question. Sorry my allergies are kicking in and teh brain has left the building.

Well, I won't loose any sleep over it, but I am inclined to show them that deleting comments is not enough to shut me up. And I'd like to see them try to stop me from exposing them for the fraud they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Niennor View Post
    Oh sorry, I didn't mean to sound like i was asking a question. Sorry my allergies are kicking in and teh brain has left the building.

Well, I won't loose any sleep over it, but I am inclined to show them that deleting comments is not enough to shut me up. And I'd like to see them try to stop me from exposing them for the fraud they are.
    Oh I agree it is something the whole equine community should be doing.

This quote is from their mane page

"Stopping NYC Horse Abuse shared Stopping NYC Horse Abuse's photo.

2 hours ago.

Woohoo! We raised $42,621 at the Horseless Carriage Cocktail Party! Every penny goes to building the prototype of the Horseless Carriage."

Just think what that money or the 500k that the ASPCA gave them for the same Electric car could have done to help real abused horses. Its shameful.

Yeah those morons are starting to pi$$ me off. And i don't even live in the U.S. Everyone in COTH with a FB page should post some facts about what the real CHC agenda is all about.

Where do you live in the city? I used to live in CWE.

I love the city, but the school stink, so we live in South County now.

I'm not surprised something like this happened. But I'm glad Harry was smart enough to go home. Good Boy... I'm glad his driver is ok too.

One of the "used" up carriage horses from the city lives at Suson Park and is loving his retirement.

Hope Harry is doing well and I hope his driver is too..