The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 15.1 OTTB mare, 11 years old, free lease, Afton, Virginia

I just do not have time to ride my horse these days and would love to find her a job. Hope is a very sweet and kind mare who has been out of work for about a year.

She was leased out for about 9 months two years ago by a 7 year old little girl. The girl showed her a few times and her mother took Hope out cross country schooling and had a great time with her. Then Hope learned that the 70 pound little girl couldn't tell her what to do so she just started going straight to the gate when she got bored The mother loved her and never had any issues with her but couldn't afford two horses and they needed something the girl could ride so they had to return her.

I would love to find her a job, she is too nice and sweet to be sitting out in a field. She will do just about anything except trail ride by herself (and that may be possible if someone works on it a little more, it was never an issue for me so I spent much time trying to get her to go out alone). If she is with another horse she is very bold on the trails. She has been jumped up to 2'6".

I would be happy to email photos.

Would she be suitable for an adv. beginner w/ confidence issues?
    We could all take a lesson from crayons some are sharp, some are beautiful, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they still learn to live in the same box. Unknown.