The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

His name was Just In Case [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Such a nice boy.
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

I love Connemaras. I have my eye on a really cute Connemara/TB weanling, but for some reason, my husband thinks one horse is enough. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Yes yes Duffy that stance certainly does resemble Vanna!Do not apologize for the patent tops they were "de rigeur " at the time!!!!!Baaaaaaaby you are da tops!
    Brilyntrip

Duffy...is that a model T Ford in the background??

LOLOL!! Love ya!!!

Sorry to disagree, VTRider, but I think it's a horse and buggy...

...or maybe a chariot?

Wow, So easy, that was a while ago! I didn't recognize Willy. He was prretty small and I knew him when Amanda was in the Jrs.

The story I heard was her Mom bought him at a show her Dad (who was THE horse show Dad, used to lunge Devil's River and everything)didn't attend and Dad didn't speak to Mom for three days. He finally admitted Willy was a nice horse, however. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Duffy, you really do have the LOOK! :roleyes:

So, when did you retire from modeling? LOL
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

How's this for informal attire! I didn't have a pony, so my sister and I improvised... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

There was no way that hair was fitting up in her helmet. Duffy to the rescue! I even sewed braids back then. No pull-throughs for me! LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Duffy, is that VTRider before she became a blond?!

The horse's name was "Roy" This was, I believe, my great-grandmother. I'll post a really cool picture of Roy sans rider also. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here is "Roy". The caption on the above pictures says: "Roy and his A.O.". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Umm, Duffy, where was the 2nd "Roy" picture taken? Windsor Castle? Newport Rhode Island?

Seriously, great photos. You look so cute in the 'lads cap' in the braiding photo. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Duffy, what is the name of the Connemara breeder? During the late 60s-early 70s I was familiar with quite a few Connemara breeders in the north east.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Hey Kryswyn! I dug up a few Teela-Wooket pictures, including one of Duffy! I'll email you those. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Actually, on one of the "Roy" pictures, it says Block Island, but it's below the lower picture of a sailboat, named "Iris"! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hi Janet! My Aunt's farm is Tower Hill. She was in NH originally and is now in VT. She likes her Connemara's hardy, obviously! LOL The yearling filly pictured was Spring Ledge Tralee as Spring Ledge Farm was the breeder (home of Spring Ledge Bantry Bay). My aunt later got Whitewood Galway Bay, Bantry's father, as her first breeding stallion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Duffy on Jan. 21, 2001 at 08:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by Duffy on Jan. 21, 2001 at 08:30 PM.]

Thanks,
    I didn't know Tower Hill, but I definitely knew Spring Ledge.
    Landgate Farm is the one I knew/know best.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Hi Janet. Tower Hill was just started around 1972-1973. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What ponies were at Landgate? I showed my Aunt's ponies for a few years at Woodstock, so maybe I knew of them.

Duffy - Is that a side-saddle on "Roy"? Doesn't he look like the perfect gentlemen - exactly what one would wish for in the side-saddle classes...I wish they'd bring 'em back - I used to love watching the "ladies" in their long skirts. It would be the perfect way to recycle some of my old ballgowns!!

Landgate's (imported) foundation sire was Lystra Lad, and the original (imported)broodmare was Inver Gray.

Others that I remember are
    Landgate Phoebe, Landgate Honeybear, Landgate Dark Moon, Landgate Northern Spy (TB xConn), Landgate Gray Brother, Landgate Minstrel Boy, Landgate Megan.

I think Phoebe went on to be another breeder's "main" broodmare.

Landgate started in MD (Olney maybe) (in the 60s) moved to Bedford, NY about '67, and is now in Millbrook, NY.

Mrs. Anne Frey, the owner, is one of the "inspectors" for the American Connemara group (Association? Society? I can never remember).
    Janet