The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

FYI, Aiden is going to be a corn on the cob for halloween this year. Lisa has had the costume since she was pregnant, and I think she'll really like to fulfill this image she's had for so long. (an image she created before the whole BA issue began - when she saw a "normal" baby in her life)

I will make sure pictures are gotten - and will try to develop and post quicker this time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy...
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

Knitting or crocheting is great for times like that! Keeps hands busy, can easily be laid down when necessary, requires concentration, and you wind up with something you can show for it! And you get to hold it up to show Aiden whenever you need to!

Anyone near by who can show someone how to knit or crochet??
    June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

Ooh, homemade Christmas cards sounds like fun! A horsey theme, perhaps? Also, maybe you could get some of those adorable pictures of Aiden made into stickers to seal the envelopes with. I agree that mindless tasks can be an excellent distraction. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Lisa, I'm thinking of you and praying for your wonderful little boy. I can't wait for more updates!

Ann

Whenever I think of this whole family and their problems, the Tom Petty song (I Won't Back Down) comes to mind.

Lisa-Aiden, you and your husband have gone through so much in such a short period of time, but you always seem to have a positive outlook and always seem to see the good side of things. Some people can't even see the good things in good things.

"And I'll keep this world from dragging down, gonna stand my ground, and I won't back down."

Cross Stitch is another option.

It can be purchased in kits (everything needed to make something except a hoop is included) and it requires no training (other then reading the instructions). The kits are very inexpensive but can be really nice when completed. When my brother was in the hospital with luekemia, we all got hooked on cross stitching to pass the long hours (no one wanted to leave the hospital but we were all going to have to be admitted if we were forced to watch any more television and books take too much concentration when you're worried). It can also be put down at any time and picked up again.

New York Horse Rescue

Lisa, Aiden and Joey, hang in there. I just KNOW that good things are going to happen for such great people.

Take lot's of 'corn stalk' pics. The COTH family wants to see them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Friends don't let friends reply to all"
    \"Friends don\'t let friends reply to all\"

we are here for you. baby aiden is never far from my thoughts, never. I wished we lived closer, I would help you and your husband out with whatever needed to be done so you could concentrate on your little angel.

That is priceless! You'll have to post a pic!!

"Lord, make me sober . . . but not yet."
    -St. Augustine (sort of)

HI guys, I feel so lifted after reading those posts. Still no news! I am really upset by it. It is obvious it is not their baby. I feel so helpless someitmes. But they are so busy, and I understand that. There is ANOTHER liver transplant going to happen tonight!!! Yahooo for Andrew a six year old.
    But I am still frusterated. I have to be quite honest, I am getting lonley and bored. I just miss Joey. We have had a hard two days with out him. The allergic reaction last night, then the Cath into his chest today. They did have to stitch it into his chest. I was sad to see that. Then this whole waiting and waiting. If anyone wants to get the room number where I am at, just to chat, I would love that. Just email me.
    Right now Aiden is doing pretty god. He has a red butt, and he is really yellow right now, but other than that he is is sassy self. He is sort of becoming famous here. We get so bored so when his IV's are done running I put him in the stroller and we do rounds. We just walk the halls, go to the kid's play room, and we even went to the garden!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Oh and there was this group called "Puppy Tails" it was a group of people that had their dogs here for the sick kids to pet. Aiden and I went down there and got our pictures taken with a corgi! I thought all of you corgi owners would love that. I know Aiden loved it. He just pulled on it's ears and smacked it on the back a few times like he does his Rolex doggie (JRT).

Okay enough of that I better get back to the little one. He has the hiccups and is getting madder with everyone. Hahaha you should see his bottom lip poke out he is pouting. Thanks you guys for the sweet words. If you knew me you would know that the word "Grace" and I usually do not go hand in hand. However I will take it, since you aren't talking about me being clutzy. Just kidding.

Honstly, thank you guys for everything. Sometimes it is just so easy to feel really god when I read what you guys go for me and say. XOXO Aiden sends a big slobbery kiss! MWUAH!!

Let's keep this thread going so it doesn't get confusing. I will chage the name of the thread or the date everytime I update... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

Lisa, hang in there!! Baby Aiden IS going to be fine... We are all praying and jingling like crazy!!

So where do I go to get my liver checked?

The saddest day of the year is the day baseball season ends. –Tommy Lasorda

The best possible thing in baseball is winning the World Series. The second best thing is losing the World Series. –Tommy Lasorda
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

Lisa
    Even though I don't have too much time to post most days (I do it from work) I always find time to check and see how you and Aiden are doing. I hope you will get positive results back on Aidens uncle for a match.

At this time of year great small christmas cross stitch projects are available - very easy to pick up and put down. I would be happy to pick some up and send them. If your interested I'll e-mail you and get a mailing address.

I hope tonight is much better for you.

WhiteTiger

PWBTB@WC (People who browse the BB at Work Clique)

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

Sending big Texas hugs ya'lls way. I simply cannot imagine how difficult this is, but I too, feel very uplifted by all the posts of support on this thread. I know where to come in times of need! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My girls and I were reading this thread last night, and Anna O'Connor (6) was very interested in Anna from Russia with the wonderful adoptive parents...Anna and Cornelia (10) and I send our get well wishes to Aiden, Anna, and all the other childrent there with you, Lisa!

MCL

How can he have so many people pulling for him and not have it turn out right? It's just got to be allright !
    You and Aiden are in my prayers.
    Linda

Crossword puzzles are GREAT for passing time, and doing them is supposed to help prevent Alzheimer's Disease! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you're bored. When I was a senior in high school, I had an extra study hall on certain days. I would get really bored, then I found out I could go to the computer lab. To make a long story short, I used the Chessmaster program to teach myself how to play chess! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm not all that great at it, but I at least figured out how all the pieces are supposed to move, and picked up some simple strategies.

Whatever you decide to do to pass the time, hang in there...it WILL pass. Then Joey will be back, and hopefully you will have good news about Alan. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Lost of prayers and good wishes heading your way!

~Sara [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bull." -Bart Simpson

Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron

Dear Lisa, I'm just learning of you, but wish to send you and Aiden love to get through your ordeal. He is lucky to have his mom right there loving him and being his advocate in the middle of the night. This is the one year anniversary of my little boy and I leaving the hospital after a a one week stay for his ruptured appendix. A lady who made him chowder during his stay has asked us for a halloween chowder dinner this year. With all the positive energy out there, I know you will get a liver soon, and the people you and Aiden have touched will always stay connected to you.

from coastal Maine, where boatlovers rule, and horselovers ride.
    Renascence Farm, Rockport Maine

Hi Lisa,

The catheter will make Aiden more comfortable. The stitches don't really hurt. I hope Aiden doesn't try to pull on it, but he can't really pull it very hard if you pin it to his shirt. I have a Infusa-a-port, which is under the skin and is a permanent type of catheter. The port part is on my chest above the breast. It is more comfortable then getting stuck by needles or IV's in the arm or hand. I have been doing weekly chemotherapy treatments since May 1999, so the Infusa-a-port is a really handy thing to have.

As for keeping busy at the hospital, I am an artist, so I do a lot of drawing and painting while getting treatment. Since the chemotherapy is infused through the port, my hands are free.

Can you knit or crochet? Cancer patients, big and small always need hats. Premature babys also need hats. I have a really great hat that a couple of ladies made and left for the patients at the out patient chemotherapy ward I go to. The hats don't have to be perfect, just colorful and warm. It is a good way to spread love and good wishes around.

*Endurance Rider Wannabee!*
    *Endurance Rider Wannabee!* (But...just passing thru...for now!)
    ~*Peruvian Paso Clique*~

Warm thoughts of you and your family this morning. Jingle jingle jingle!

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Fingers crossed, curb chain jingling, and you're in my prayers.

Andrea

our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall
    Andrea

our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall

We did it! World\'s first buckskin & white TB born!

Hope that today brings great news for you, JOey and Aiden!

Just another update in case you havent wandered over to the Sport Horse Breeding section. Up to 58 stallions and still counting!
    Plus - someone suggested stagggered cut off times for the auction, so all 58 werent closing at the same time, which is a FABULOUS idea and should preserve Erin's sanity just fine!

Jingles from Canada - take care!

"Spot"