The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} for you and Joey and Aiden. Thinking positive thoughts in Pennsylvania.

You are so strong Lisa, and that is what is your baby is relying on. He will feed off of your strength. The tears you have brought to my eyes will one day soon be tears of joy because I know that Aiden will get out of this. Jesus is beside you through all of this, every step of the way - don't forget that.

Oh Lisa. I can't say anything more than so many beautifully eloquent and caring people have already said on this thread.

<<<< Prayers and hugs for Aiden, Lisa, Joey, the rest of the family, friends, doctors, and other caregivers >>>>>
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

of your strength and resolve and the tenderness and hope that resonates in your posts.

I do not have children by choice, because I knew I didn't have the strength or purpose to endure even just the everyday stresses involved in parenthood. But I have always been grateful and appreciative of what my mom and dad gave me, and the incredible job my sisters-in-law do everyday raising my many nieces and nephews.

But to endure so gracefully what you and your husband, both so young and virtually
    newlyweds, are going through, is truly humbling and awe-inspiring.

I am sending you and your family my best thoughts and hopes.

I am so sorry [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could be a donor but I don't fit the criteria. Stay strong, you have the best people on your side!!

*Alexa*

Hang in there. I agree with everyone else... you and Aiden and Joey are the bravest people I know. I'm thinking of you every day.

~Erin B #1
    You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish!

Oh, Lisa, ((((hugs)))).

-snork

I know I don't have to (and couldn't) read all the love pouring out here for y'all. Just want to add my prayers for comfort and recovery.

prayers for Aiden

every day.

Me and my whole family are pulling for little Aiden. God bless and hang in there. I feel like words are so inadequate.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." D.H. Lawrence

We're all pulling for you, honey bunny! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"If you think your hairstyle is more important than your brain, you're probably right." Wear a helmet!
    www.deltawave.homestead.com
    www.seeliecourt.homestead.com
    Click here before you buy.

More positive vibes coming your way Lisa!

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

You truly are a remarkable and wonderful woman and mother, Lisa. Jingling, jangling and praying for all of you.

"I can justify anything!"
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

this evening. Hoping that handsome prince of yours gets his beauty sleep tonight so he can regain strength for his transplant. You know we'll always be here for you, Lisa... at all hours of the night. We're your sounding board and we'll be your support when you need it. Your family is OUR family now at COTH. I just wish we were all closer to help you in person. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to update us! We realize how busy you are! Give that boy a hug for me and a little kiss on his nose. He is just too precious for words!

(((HUGS)))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 5 months down... about 6 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!
    *bad shoulder clique * Member of "OMGiH, I loff my Mare" Clique! * Proud owner of a CANTER Cutie!
    My Horses; COMH Page; My Blog

We would see Aiden tucked in and keep watch over him while you took a nice long, hot bath with candles. then we would take you by the hand and tuck <you> into your own fresh bed and stay by you while you fell asleep and keep vigil by you and Baby Aiden through the night. We do this in spirit every night with our prayers before we turn in and in our morning Time as well. It can not be said enough how well we regard you; how we anguish with you; how much you have taught us. And of course this applies to Joey as well. Sleep tight, sweet dreams and love and prayer your way.
    June
    remember to take care of yourself; good food, get outside each day, eat you peas, etc...big hug.
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

Sending you all my most positive thoughts and sending up prayers from my heart. I know everything is getting ready to fall into place for sweet Baby Aiden. I'm thinking that by the summer, your only worry will be how to dress Aiden for a leadline class!

Big, tight hugs to you, Lisa, Joey, and Aiden.

I just have to say that whenever I read the baby Aiden threads, tears come to my eyes...

This baby is loved by so many wonderful people, it is amazing. I know I can speak for practically every single COTH'er when I say that we are cheering for you and sending 100% of our thoughts and prayers towards his recovery.

You are so strong to be able to deal with this, I hope some day I can be as strong and brave as you, Lisa.

Until tomorrow, sweet dreams Aiden, we love you!

"I'll allow the baby-eating silliness, but y'all can't just ramble on about everything under the sun out here." Erin
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

Those special moments come and go...a photographer makes them last a lifetime!

Sending all the love and strength we can from our neck of the woods. Stay strong~

@-->----->-----Hugs & Kisses-----<------<-----@

The Kimball family!

She's here...she's finally here! 6lbs 14 oz ~ 18" long. I'm thinking I can get on my crazed OTT TB anyday now...FUN FUN~ LOL!
    www.kimballphotography.smugmug.com
    ~*~Mom of the wonderful Nikolas aka \"Niko\"~*~
    **Proud member of The Colorful blinb-bling helmet, SCgirls, BGSGand the EquinePhotog (do we have one yet?) cliques**

But your family is always in my thoughts. Take care!

{{{HUGS}}}

Well we have been home for our first full day. Aiden can't stop smiling! I mean it. Not one grouchy moment, and he is teething! I know it is all of the prayer you send. I sometimes picture all of you sitting and putting positve though and prayers towards Aiden. I feel the energy from it. I know he does too.

I heard from Atlanta Via email, and they said that Aiden will be getting another abdominal ultrasound to make surte he hasn't gottne "portal vein thrombosis". I think this is just precautionary procedure. They know his Portal Vien is restricted, but they are watching it to make sure it isn't cut off totally. SO I guess when we get our noext endoscope (wednesday) they will also do the ultrasound then.

Today, Aiden's Home health nurse came over to visit. She showed me how to fluch his catheter and use the sterile kit to change the dressings. I was a little nervous, because it is so important, but I know I can do it. The nurses wil be coming out to the house everyday for a little bit, then I take over from there. I am confident I can handle that part, I had been a vet tech for 7 years.

Jennifer, the next to get tested, is getting her lab work done on Monday. Aiden and I are going to go with her to root her on.

Grandma and Grandpa just bought Aiden his Santa Clause outfit. hahaha It is cheesy but really cute. I will take photos. I am planning on dressing Rolex in his Reindeer costume and getting their photos done for the Christmas cards. lol! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

All is well here. The little trouper is doing good. He is eating pretty good, but there is room for improvement. I know that will catch up too. Thank you for the beautiful replies. I swear someone should write a book about this, and quote all of the inspirational things you say to us. Thanks again,
    XOXOX

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor