The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Hang in there Lisa and give that adorable baby another hug! God is watching over you - you are so strong, I so admire you. Keep the faith, and know we are all *with* you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We did it! World\'s first buckskin & white TB born!

We will give YOU a bit of an update from COTH central!

We are now up to 44 stallions for the silent auction. I think Erin is about to have a nervous breakdown as more stallions just keep coming in!
    Plus - a donated egg from one mare, a poster that has offered to donate her mare for the breeding season if someone wants to bid but doesnt have a suitable mare to breed to, and an incredibly nice poster who is footing the bill for a full page ad in COTH to publicize the auction for the world to see!
    Plus Robby doing the article on you guys. Plus God knows what else will surprise us all this coming week!
    Plus droves of people that are helping Erin out with the web page, graphics, etc - all the behind the scenes stuff that is so wonderful, but maybe a lot of people arent even aware of!
    People that will be doing up flyers to distribute to tack shops and barns in their areas, etc.

Do you realize Lisa, that wherever Aiden shows in the future, he is going to have DROVES of aunties and uncles in that area to cheer him on?! Talk about one HUGE, extended, multinational family out there for him!

Let us know on the organ donor match as soon as you do - we are all crossing fingers and rattling curb chains BIG time!

"Spot"

I can only echo what the others, especially June, and Louise have said. Baby Aiden's threads are the first thing I go to and the last thing at night. I think about you and him throughout the day. I was talking to my husband about you yesterday as we drove to see A Fine Romance (Fred), and was crying as I told him about Aiden and about how odd and wonderful it is that this disparate group of people are out here, a real community in the truest sense, caring about you in the truest sense, and sending you and your beautiful baby love, strength, hope and faith.
    We are all in the only way we can, sitting beside you, holding your hand, and as June said, giving you gentle hugs.
    xox Gail
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Dear Lisa - Hang in there and know we are all thinking about you and praying for your whole family. I, too, go to your threads first thing in the morning and last thing at night to get updates. Aiden is in my dreams at night - running around, healthy and strong.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

And of course, Aiden. I'm certain that if you close your eyes and open your heart right now you will feel all of us around you, doing what little we can to support you through this time.

Feel free to vent and cry on our cyber-shoulders anytime. I don't think there is a minute of the day when there isn't SOMEONE on the board you can "talk" to.

Oops! Gotta go jingle that curb chain...

Hugs from Lexington, Kentucky

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

You and Joey and Aiden stay in my thoughts constantly--everyone in my office is following your story and has Aiden's photos. I'm surrounded by non-horsey people but with something as precious as Aiden--that just didn't matter.

You guys are the first thing I think about each morning and the last thing I pray for each night--I know there is a plan and a purpose at work here. You and your family have touched so many lives and your precious baby has brought an immensely diverse group of people all over the world together in a common bond of caring.

Thank you for the gifts you give us each day of your unfailing faith, courage and honesty.

We love you guys!

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"
    Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

you can take the girl outta NY, but ya can't take NY outta the girl

here's 3 angels to watch over you, Joey and especially your precious angel. ~~~ ^i^ ~~^i^~~~
    ^i^
    to err is human, to whinny, Equine
    to err is human, to whinny, Equine.
    Ebay-aholic! Carolina clique, BITS AND BARTER BOARD BUDDY
    EYEGLASSES MISSIONS FOR ARMENIA-send me your old glasses!

JReed is right, Lisa. Your grace through all this is amazing - you didn't ask for any of this, and yet you remain positive and upbeat (albeit frightened and frustrated at times!)

Best wishes to you, Joey, and Aiden - here's hoping for a matching liver from Aiden's uncle. If ANYONE deserves it, it's you guys!!
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

Lisa,
    I'm just north of Atlanta....please call on me if you need support...I'll e-mail you my phone number.

{{{{{HUG}}}}}
    I'm praying for you, Joey and Aiden.

Jacque

One Nation under GOD>
    Come alive in 2005!

Lisa, hang in there and I know you will handle these hurdles as beautifully as all the others. HUGS to you and Aiden and the rest of your family, as always you are in our prayers.

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
    Oscar Wilde (1854–1900)
    \"It\'s a funny thing about life: If you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.\" ---W. Somerset Maugham

You can and will do this. Everyone on this board believes that. You, Joey, your family, and of course Aiden have the support of all of us and many prayers (and curb chain jingles). Have faith, things will look up soon!

Oh, I must also say, Aiden has to be about the cutest baby I have ever seen. He should definitely be a poster child! In a few years he will be breaking girls hearts [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ronnie (keeping you in my prayers)

Add me to the thousands out here who are in complete awe of your grace and calm in handling all this that has come to your family. I hope you are able to draw some strength from all of us out here. I know it's rough without Joey there until Wednesday, but please use all of us if you need building up! Thank you for sharing this with us; whether you realize it or not, you, Joey, and precious little Aiden make us better people.

I'm a firm believer in the power of faith and prayer, and I know that God hears us. I'm praying and thinking positively that this will be a match!

Keep kicking, Baby Aiden !! Get well!

{{{Hugs}}} from another mom. You're in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Hello, all. Lisa is busy at the hospital, so she asked me to make a post to let you know what's going on. So here it is!

- Aiden was moved to a new room, which I think was more of something to do than anything else (Lisa didn't seem bothered or excited - just moved. Took up time - that's good. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]).

- They are going to put in a temporary central IV. This is not the Broviac (which is permanent and stitched in), but is serious. It will require anesthesia to put it in, and it will go in just under his collar bone and thread straight to his heart. The bad news is - it's anesthesia and that's always risky. The good news is (and there's more of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]) - it will enable meds to go in and blood draws to come out, NO MORE POKES!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Also, it will be out of the way, secure, safe, and hopefully easy to keep clean (as it can remained covered with a shirt most of the time I'm pretty sure). I think Lisa is nervous about putting in it, but relieved that he'll have it so they can stop poking him for blood draws.

- Alan (Joey's youngest brother) will get his testing started tomorrow at 10:15. Lisa will have to stay in the room with Aiden, but hopefully will get regular updates. Anyone feel free to post tomorrow to help her pass the time!!

- There is a little girl in the room next to Aiden who is getting transplanted tonight. Apparently she's not very ill at the moment (well, obviously aside from having to have a new liver...), but is the only match to a liver that just became available. I don't think Lisa was upset that Aiden wasn't getting it - I think she was surprised at how this family was just waiting in the hospital like her YESTERDAY, and now they're getting transplanted. She also found out Aiden is THIRD!!!!!!! on the list right now. That's HUGE! I don't think she had any idea he was so high up on the list.

Also, Aiden is the youngest on the list, and that brings in matching - if a small liver becomes available - Aiden will be the only match. This doesn't necessarily mean an organ is coming sooner, but it does mean that when one comes - it could be Aiden's!

I know that's a bit of info - if you guys have questions, I think both Lisa and I will be online tonight, so I'll do my best to answer if she's not on. I know you guys are a tremendous support to her - especially right now becuase she is at the hospital alone. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] That makes me feel so bad! My boyfriend and I are going to take dinner and movies over for a picnic dinner tonight - but I think the days are very long for her, so post, post, post!!!

Thanks again for all of your concern - Aiden knows that he is VERY loved and very lucky. I will post again as soon as I have more for you.

Till then, jingle, jingle, jingle!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy...
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

WOW! That is GREAT news!

Thanks for all of the updates! We're here for you Lisa... as you already know. Take care and many many HUGS to you & Aiden.

Jingling that Alan is a match!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 4 months down... about 7 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!
    *bad shoulder clique * Member of "OMGiH, I loff my Mare" Clique! * Proud owner of a CANTER Cutie!
    My Horses; COMH Page; My Blog

now what movie are you all going to watch tonight??? And wonderful news about the temp. cath for blood; that will boost morale from Aiden's point of view I'm sure! I will be especially praying for him tomorrow and, when you <can>, let us know how it went?

It's a pity that we can't set up some kind of call in chat to keep company with Lisa during this time...any thoughts, computer geniuses out here? I know there is software that allows us to make phone calls over our computer and it <ought> to be doable. Something called NetMeeting ring bells with anyone? Not to be intrusive to the Hawks but only to serve as a diversion/ entertainment/ distraction. Any wise techs out there know how to do that? Of course, Lisa could always say, "NO" and that's fine, but it would be an option....way to kill time...
    love and prayers, June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

I am so sorry I missed you the other day! PLEASE talk eqchick into coming out again before you go home.
    As I read your posts I am SO amazed as to your strength. As a mom would say, "I only hope my kids grow up to be half the person you are!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Give Aiden a kiss form Luckyduck and the rest us here at Huntcliff!
    Best wishes and all our love!

Jingle jangling that Alan will be a match.

joliemom, watching the clock for 10:15

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out." Pops

for Aiden and sending strength vibes to Lisa and Joey.

And would someone reach over and give EqChick a pat on the back for us? The updates keep the rest of us from going nuts wondering, and we really do appreciate it!

Hang in there, all! Enjoy the in-house picnic and tell us all about the movies!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.