The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

so are there classes on friday worth going out to see? and i will see ya'll tomorrow at 11am by the wash racks at rio vista!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

STABLEGIRL- I don't really know what to say about any tips for being a hunter. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I am not an expert by any means. You might want to go check out the Summer Circuit in Austin and watch the show. Everyone there is pretty laid back and friendly and I am sure that anybody there could offer you suggestions on finding a trainer. The show is going on this weekend and there will be two more over the next couple of weeks. The next one is July 27-29 and then the final one is August 10-12. They are all at The Texas Exposition and Heritage Center. I live near San Antonio and my sister used to train with someone here (not even going to discuss that experience) but now she has a trainer in Austin and she hauls her horse there to train. There are a lot of trainers between San Antonio and Austin, you just have to pick one that suits your needs. A lot of them are strictly show barns. You might want to try the Conns at Twisted Oaks. They are probably the closest San Antonio trainers to you. You also might want to call that new tack store off of Boerne Stage road. They might know of some Hunter/Jumper trainers closer to you. You might have more success if you can train in Austin though. San Antonio does not offer much as far as showing if you want to do local shows. Hope this has helped some. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

To whoever asked, you didn't really miss much today. The fun stuff doesn't start till tomorrow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Well, unless you count watching my horse refuse 2'3" and 2'6" and getting really bad spots that I saw NONE of by the way... (of course, those were all my fault. But hey, we've been off for like 2 months! Yeah, that's my new excuse...)

http://pub51.ezboard.com/fhorseoncoursefrm5
    Junior Clique!

SI would like to interrupt spaz by saying that she had a GREAT round in her pregreens, and although she didn't ribbon, she accomplished some major personal goals.

RIGHT SPAZ???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

k, i just saw on the news that the cowboys of color and having a thing out at the expo center.....isnt that making it rather crowded?

okay...i might be a little late to this meeting..in case i am...where could i find you guys. ill probally be wearing jeans a white tank top.

Stupid people at work won't take my shift. Grrr. So I'll prolly have to leave by 12:30. Hope you guys aren't all as talkative as Langshaw or I'll NEVER get out of there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-Amanda

May or may not be there with Marisa in tow. Plan is to leave SO after she's done feeding... I just got home from the show, it's 10:00 p.m. so I will probably be the tired one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I'm probably (definitely) going to wear my SEU gray shorts and a T-shirt.

thanks surfsmurf

Do you know any laid back not too flakey trainers in Austin

thanks

AMY [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Donna Cheney & Domonie Schiff - they do the local stuff and the A's. They have an excellent program - we haul in from north of Houston to ride with her. If you want more info you can email me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Amy,

I've been around Austin for a while and know basically all the trainers and barns in the area. E-mail me with more information about what kind of situation you're looking for and I'll see what I can do for you. charliebrowntb@hotmail.com

-Amanda

AMY--- Donna And Domonie are an excellent choice. My sister also trains with them. If you have not spoken with her already, Amanda (MsRidiculous) can give you all the scoop on Austin Trainers. Good Luck!!!

Phew -- just got back from the show, but didn't see anybody except Langshaw. Sorry I missed the 11:00 meeting (did it even happen?) but I was otherwise detained. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I missed the meeting too...oops!

I did have a better day today though, we jumped all the jumps LOL! 4th in Limit Eq OF (not flat, we were both *well, mainly me* very retarded in that class!) and a 6th in Schooling OF. Eh, not bad...

To whoever was with the Utley Ladies, I was confused at first but saw your banner today! I was even over there with two girls today, we were talking to a short haired blonde lady...

http://pub51.ezboard.com/fhorseoncoursefrm5
    Junior Clique!

Spaz, were you over at the Utley barn with Jean Anne? I was there when she came over a couple of times looking for Alley and Stevie. I just now put two and two together and realized you two rode at the same barn.
    Sara

Buuuuuuuuuuuump. How did this thread get to be EIGHT PAGES? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I don't think we've had a successful Texas Clique thread since this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wow that IS impressive!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
    Seven Down Four to go...it doesn't seem like that many, but geez an eternity to me. What do you guys think of the name Traveling Light??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

LOL I don't think we ever met too...

http://jrsclique.proboards.com/index.cgi
    Junior Clique!

*I never said I was a nice, caring, and sympathetic to the silly inane and idiotic.*