The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I believe George missed the point of the Americans competing...

And I think USET's sounds like the pot calling the kettle Black & Decker.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Since when the hell are Richard Spooner and Alice Debany Clero "second string" or "an embarassment"? Get a freakin' grip and support your country's efforts.

Jair, the headline of the Horse & Hound article says USET Pulls Out... As we've come to learn, the USET is not now nor has it ever been our National Federation, and the USA, through its NF USA Equestrian, has every right to have individuals and teams in international competition with our without the USET involvement. The USET couldn't get it done, and USA Equestrian did.

Sorry for that outburst. Now back to your regular programming.

[This message was edited by Portia on Sep. 21, 2001 at 07:02 PM.]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Please wish your sister and the other riders and horses the very best of luck and tell them how very, very proud we are of them. Whatever their results, they will have made a point and let the world know the USA is still standing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Portia, you go girl!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Absolutely Mad, you tell Alice and all the team members they are terrific, so little time for them to prepare for this. But wow, we will have a very good team representing us there, and thats superb!!

the USET decided not to send those previously selected to compete due to the reasons stated in their press release. That is, of course, their perrogative, and in any event, it seems that logistics of sending a team would have been difficult, if not impossible. However, there are a number of American riders who are presently competing in Europe, among them, Alice Debany Clero, Richard Spooner, and Claire Bronfman...rather than have no American riders at the Nations Cup finals, those riders will now compete. Not sure if they approached the powers that be to ask to compete, or if they were approached and asked to compete--But, if either the USET or USAE would have the poor taste to latch onto any aspect of this situation for the sake of arguing over turf, it would be completely disgraceful in light of the events of the past week. The right thing to do is get behind this team with our full support and best wishes.

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

MAD, I got so teary reading Alice's article! How beautiful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(P.S. What ever happened to The Natural? If I might ask.)

Good question about the Natural...I believe he is turned out at a farm in CT., but I'll check with Alice or our Mom.

Marie

Yes, I checked and the Natural is turned out and enjoying life!

I hope you will post info on results as soon as you get wind.

Pass on our best wishes and thumbs up of support. I am sure the experience will be memorable for all the right reasons.

I hope this works:
    CSIO Madrid Spain

And if not:
    http://www.dazelo.com/samsungfinal/web/eng/

There is a beautiful picture of Richard in the photo gallery.

[This message was edited by MAD on Sep. 23, 2001 at 09:23 AM.]

My brother-in-law, Remi, just called my Mom and she just called me. Alice was clean on CEO in the 1st round (the only results I know so far-first hand).

I don't know who I am happier for: America, Alice or Mom! CEO is a homebred and Mom calls him her 11th child (Alice and I have 8 brothers).

Go USA!

Richard: Clean with 2 times faults

Clare: Last Rail and 1 time fault

Standing 4th (remember-they have no drop score)

Not too shabby....

More news from Spain

Alice and CEO had 2 rails in the 2nd round.

GM may think we sent a second rate team, but teh DUTCH Chef chose us to win!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> )From the Samsung NC web site: After the official draw, each country�s Chef D�Equipe gave his opinion on tomorrows results in the Nations Cup. In an emotional moment, United States Chef D�equipe, Alice Debany, thanked the world�s support after the terrorist attack suffered by her country last week.

She thanked the organization that did everything possible for them to come. In this American rider opinion tomorrow�s winner will be France followed by the Netherlands and her country.

From the Dutch side Bert Romp prognosticated the American team as winner while the Belgian, Spanish and German team leaders choose the Belgian team as the best option for triumph. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They rode really really well in that first round - I am looking for final results.
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

I am still waiting for them to post second roung results, but check out the course maps on this website!! They are interactive with a "follow the bouncing ball" with distances & fence descriptions. Really neat!

http://www.dazelo.com/samsungfinal/w...os/default.asp
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

19 faults for 7th. Three of the 19 were time faults. Not bad at all for a three person second string. 16 faults was Germany, France, & Italy - darned good company!

WELL DONE SCRATCH TEAM!

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Sep. 23, 2001 at 04:11 PM.]

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Well done is right!

Thank you Alice, Clare and Richard for picking up the ball.....Great news MAD and Weatherford...

Thanks, also to our team in Spain!

I was able to watch the second round on t.v. last night. The announcer commented a few times on how wonderful it was to have a U.S. team there. Claire Bronfman had a beautiful clear round in the second round. I think if we had a 4th rider, we would have been right up there in contention!