The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 3rd level mare for free lease (Texas)

UPDATE: A 2-week trial has been scheduled for after Memorial Day. Since it is not definite that will turn into a lease, I am still answering inquiries about Dubonnet.

1994 mare by Rambo (you would never guess she is 18!). Shown thru 4th 1 but mostly doing 3rd level stuff last several years. Goes well in snaffle or double. Can be a tad spooky but feels hotter than she really is. Very well-behaved on ground - easy to load and haul, good for farrier, etc. Sound with no maintenance. On oral joint supplement (Smart Pak Senior Herb Free) and Farrier's Formula. Has 4 shoes but no special shoeing required. Easy keeper - fat on 1/3 scoop SafeChoice and hay.

Perfect for a 1st level rider with an independent seat who wants to move up. Also great for a 3rd/4th level rider who just happens to be horseless right now.
    Not for a beginner and not available for lease as a lesson horse. 15.2hh but of substantial build so she is fine for a taller, slender rider. (My trainer is 5'9" and looks fine on her. Last person to lease her was 5'7".)

Prefer her to stay within driving distance of Brenham, TX but open to a great situation farther away. Also prefer her to be in a program with weekly lessons and a pro ride once or twice a month (unless lessee is experienced with 3rd/4th level horses.) Does best with individual turnout and would like her to get a minimum of 4 hours turnout per day.

Contact Julie at julie@triplejsporthorse.com
    Last edited by inca; May. 21, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

Good luck placing her. Do know that your post in "violation" of the coth rules and will be moved to the "free" and riderless threads (which they kindly offer for free.) Try a dreamhorse text ad. Should get you lots of traffic!

Sent u a pm

This mare is totally sane and sound and has A LOT to offer! I have 2 horses in hunter training and another mare I do both dressage and hunters with. I just don't have time to ride this mare more than once a week. She is not even close to being ready to retire (is like the energizer bunny - just keeps going and going) and she LIKES to work!

I have learned a ton with this mare and hope there is someone else out there that could love her and learn from her for a while.

Dubonnet will be going on a 2-week trial after Memorial Day. And I also have one person on a waiting list, in case she isn't the right match for the person trying her.

Since nothing is definite yet, I will still answer all inquiries about her!

Let me pipe in here and say that I am the one that took the photos of her and I can attest that she is a VERY nice mare and well behaved.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.