The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does this mean Krysyn's contest deadline is extended?

(No, not making light of any of it...)
    Tinwhistle Farm

All I can say SU is that great minds think alike. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I was planning to start a similar thread this morning, because I must tell all of you that the emails and BB updates kept me grounded throughout a very difficult day, when I watched the twin towers burn and fall from an office window less than 2 miles away.

There are no words to thank all of you enough!!!!!!

xoxoxo, Colin.

Same here Sea Urchin - well put [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I was so concerned about all of you guys on the eastcoast I even mixed up my geography.. ... thanks for sorting that one out Colin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hugs for everyone.
    You Strike Me Still

Thanks, SU, I feel so cared for by the people on this BB.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Ok,ok,ok, SU...gag and all that...But, as you know - all too true. Thank goodness for my BB friends. Thank you COTH for making it possible.

God Bless America!
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Goshen, New York (cutest little hossie town in NY)

and it was the strangest feeling - we live about an hour from manhattan and it was a horrible feeling to know why they were up there. we've been very lucky, in this country, to have never experienced attacks of this scope upon our shores before. and lucky also, that we have the freedom to sit at our computers and squabble back and forth about presidential policy and defense procedures. this free and uncensored exchange of information is probably one of the most important of our country's strengths.
    it was reassuring and comforting to find my BB friends this morning, percolating with opinions, reactions, advice, good will and concern.
    yay to all of us.

Right you are, SU.

I have found my eyes welling up with tears on and off all day, and I actually began to cry when NATO enacted Section 5 (or whatever), because it meant that we were not alone -- our allies were standing by (behind?) us.

Emotional? Me?

But get me to the BB and I feel "safe" again. Think I will go hug Warren (he hates it when I do that if I don't bring a horse cookie -- really pisses him off LOL). Who else but this board would advocate hugging your horse as an antidote from international terrorism?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Bravo, Sea Urchin

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group
    Finally down to a manageable number!

Agreed. The friends made through this connection are so valuable, and are a constant force to have in our lives. Its wonderful to have this to fall back on in a time like this, and I wish desperately that the time existed right now to speak with those people and have them to lean on and speak with.