The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

go to:

http://www.cablevision.com/customer/...contactus.html

and let them know your opinion of the expatriot in their employ, Mr. Pat Dolan.

~*~ He who dies with the most tack wins! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ~*~

I second Weatherfords idea. Be sure and use red, white and blue face paint!!!

SLW

Since you know that Bill O'Reilly loves this sort of thing, be sure to e-mail him letting him know that you think Mr. Dolan is the Pinhead of ALL pinheads.

oreilly@foxnews.com

~*~ He who dies with the most tack wins! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ~*~

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

This is a copy of an email I sent on 9/17 to News12. I also sent an exact copy to their parent company Rainbow-Media and to Cablevision. As of yet no one has acknowledged the emails. But hey it sounds like maybe they are a little busy fielding calls from more important people than some little ol' pissed off broad in the desert. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

So I am glad they are being held accountable, that was my only intention.

Never underestimate the wrath of a fellow BB'er scorned!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Subject: What on earth have I just heard????
    To: news12li@news12.com

I just heard somewhere today that a supervisor at a Long Island TV studio sent a memo that FORBADE any member of the staff to publicly display any
    representation of an AMERICAN FLAG. Do I have the
    right station here?

Tell me this is untrue!!!! That it might indicate
    support of a military response to our situation???

What side are you on anyway? At a time when we most need to rally and feel like we are contributing in anyway to the solution, you choose to take away the freedom to display a simple red, white and blue banner? The symbol of our FREEDOM!!!!

Lord have mercy on your soul.
    Their web site is www.news12.com, feel free to visit!!

"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!"
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

Oh I know for a fact that Mr Bill had this a few days go.

Well Mr Bill is getting another one as we speak. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Has someone sent this to Tom Lyekis as well? Now that would be a real thing for him to sink his teeth into. And Howard.

Speaking of Howard, did anyone listen to him the day of the attack? I wake up to him every morning, and that is how I heard of the attack. At first I thought they were re-running an old show, from when the WTC was bombed. His running commentary over what was going on as it happened (his studio is in Manhattan) was really excellent.

I found out about the attack thru Howard. At first I thought it was a bit but then I realized it was real and had to call my friend in NYC to find out what was going on. Howard should receive some recognition for his show on that day.

WOW, have things been stirring round here! Somebody leaked a copy of the memo (wasn't me) to Newsday which is THE Long Island paper and read justas widely in NYC. There is a tastily scathing article in there, and WBLI a local radio station has been blasting the news station all day. Then to add to my glee, the parent company Cablevision sent out a press release to try to quell the disturbance. They say they DO NOT support the policy of News 12 but are respecting their right to make their own decisions. Sounds a little wimpy to me. But Cablevision is run by the news director's dad and brother who pretty much said "Your on your own with this one kiddo".

I got to my barn this morning and they knew all about the flag issue, and I hadn't even mentioned it to them yet! Apparently there is a widespread boycott of the channel in progress, and the other local media were slamming News 12 all day.

Sounds like some employee was angrier than me and leaked it all out...wish i knew who it was so i could give him/her a hug!
    Remember...though eagles may soar, weasles never get sucked into a jet engine.

Soar like a weasle my friend.

Nothing like a group of patriotic insomniacs with time on their hands to get the word out!! Let us know if you need help again. Hope things continue to improve at work for you and that the policy changes!

Is this the same Charles Dolan family which owns Madison Square Garden, The Wix, Radio City Music Hall, the Knicks and Rangers? I also read that he has, or a child of his has, a couple race horses, true/false, anyone know???

SM

[This message was edited by SLW on Sep. 19, 2001 at 10:40 PM.]

See the website for cablevison.com

Bet "family dinners" will be interesting for awhile.

Which website? I only know of this one, http://www.news12.com/CDA/0,2033,5,00.html .

I have to giggle because on the main page it says "As local as news gets" when in fact they are experiencing news "As global as news gets". On another board I frequent this morning someone posted the story newsmax.com ran on the station and that group is "not being delicate" about sharing their concerns with the station owner.

SLW

Late to the topic but I just read the story from News Max .com that I get an email for everyday. Your awesome, I was so outraged that anyone would ban the american during this time of crisis that I nearly went ballistic. I was born on Long Island many moons ago, and that really got my panties in a bunch. Thatns for being a great American, I know they outnumber the ones like your ex?? boss. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

SLW, if you go to News12.com then to the Long Island page and go to the bottom, I think, it has links to Rainbow Media and Cablevision.

I too got a giggle out of the "local" reference. This seems to give new meaning to the World Wide WEB....as in "oh the tangled webs we weave".

Read it, laughed and thought "So THERE!"

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

The more heat Channel 12 takes, the better as far as I'm concerned.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

LA Times article
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

One person can make a difference and it's so much more pleasant than just complaining isn't it? What a great accomplishment, if you find out give them a hug for me too, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're just a lot more important than you think.

DJs Scott and Todd of NYC radio station WPLJ 95.5 FM really ripped Pat "Pinhead," [sic] to shreds this morning! They fielded calls from furious listeners and a few from Cablevision or News 12 employees attempting to explain Mr. Dolan's reasoning. One caller was parked on the shoulder of the LIE near the headquarters of Computer Associates and he said there was a giant American flag hanging from their building. If they can display the flag, what is WRONG with News 12!

Then the DJs did a very funny sketch portraying P.D. trying to make his video announcement, while constantly being nagged by his mother and scared witless trying to avoid his father's phone calls. I laughed because all I could think of was Jennasis and this board!
    P.D. has gotten himself into a public relations nightmare. What a self-serving loser.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

-------------------------
    "You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm."
    --Colette
    Act Silly! Sing Loud! Create!