The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Here is a statement issued by the station today regarding the flag.

SLW

http://www.news12.com/CDA/Articles/V...17-284,00.html

It is okay to make it work for them, but not okay for their employees?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Lovely CYA article, don'tcha think?

Now, when I start seeing little flags on the lapels of the talent, then I'll stop emailing them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

He's worried about appearing biased????. Helloooooo. They are an AMERICAN TV station. OF COURSE THEY'RE BIASED. It's when the French, Italian, and British on air talent start wearing American flags that I'd start worrying about BIAS Mr.Dolan.

What a Richard Cranium!

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Good job! Believing that wearing/ not wearing a flag compromises journalistic integrity??? More proof for the adage about someone being promoted to his/ her level of incompetency. The story was on Yahoo! headlines, but is still available...

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2001...v_flags_1.html

Richard Cranium I am ROFLMAOPIMP!
    Brilyntrip

are pretty scathing.....

Ok just a reminder to you local Long Islanders. If you are angry at the news station that's fine...PLEASE don't take that anger out on us poor helpless employees. In the past few days I have been called countless names, given countless nasty gestures and such. All because I work for the guy who made those comments. It's not just me who is being assaulted. My fellow coworkers have been spit on, yelled at, run off the road etc...

WE DIDN'T make the policy...WE DON'T agree with or support the policy. Please stop beating the employees up.

Supposedly there is a protest tomorrow in front of our building...I'm afraid to go to work.
    Remember...though eagles may soar, weasles never get sucked into a jet engine.

Soar like a weasle my friend.

How can I ban channel 12 news, if we can't afford cable?

Jennasis, if things get tough, you can come to my house. I live around the corner from the industial park.
    *Endurance Rider Wannabee!* (But...just passing thru...for now!)
    ~*Peruvian Paso Clique*~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jennasis:
    Ok just a reminder to you local Long Islanders. If you are angry at the news station that's fine...PLEASE don't take that anger out on us poor helpless employees. In the past few days I have been called countless names, given countless nasty gestures and such. All because I work for the guy who made those comments. It's not just me who is being assaulted. My fellow coworkers have been spit on, yelled at, run off the road etc...

WE DIDN'T make the policy...WE DON'T agree with or support the policy. Please stop beating the employees up.

Supposedly there is a protest tomorrow in front of our building...I'm afraid to go to work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jennasis, I'm sorry that people are taking this issue and turning it into personal attacks. What a bizarre twist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

One gripe I have with the American media (generally speaking of course) is that the presentation of issues tends to cause a reaction that is not objective. Instead of reacting objectively, we frequently react emotionally -- and injure innocent people in the process.

Most other nations (Canada, Germany, etc.) are able to present news objectively without inciting emotions that overpower reason. News should be dispassionate.
    \"If you feel you had a bad ride, how do you think your horse feels?\"