The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

All the threads on Baby Aiden have opened my eyes about being an organ donor. A topic that I never thought about and now, because of what I have read here, I have become an organ donor myself. These BB's are all about the exchange of information and if it can do some good - all the better! If conversation about a very sick little boy bothers some people, they should go elsewhere.

you are being rude to Aiden and his family who have gained great happiness and received tons of support from the people on the board. we share the love of horses be we are also able to extend that love to people when they need it. pick on anything else but don't you dare pick on Aiden.

Hey, Colin, haven't seen your name here in ages! I haven't had much time to read or post either. Busy with job, etc.

In the live and let live mode of "everyone has a right to an opinion," she is expressing hers and I think she's brave to do it considering the flak she will certainly take for saying what some others have been thinking for quite a while.

Heidi...you should how pretty my new tack noseband is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yes, I think the BB has lost its appeal - but it's a place I enjoy coming to and would love to see it return to the fun place it once was.

AHC has hit the nail on the head. Many people have been thinking about this and have expressed their feelings to the moderators. I think it's great that Colin has the guts to post what so many of us have thought...but have been too PC to post.

Big bad man with pantyhose over his face and a gun in his hand standing behind Colin, who is seated at the computer. Pointing the gun at at Colin, he says "Read every m&^^&% f*@%^% Baby Aiden thread or I'll blow your head off"

Poor Colin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    ...when the BB no longer revolves around you...and your concern for your job...Felix the goat...spiked nose bands...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Felix the goat - a HORSE companion
    spiked nose bands - go on HORSES
    concern for job - paying for HORSES feed

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmmm..... last three topics started by Colin:

What in the world has happened to this BB?
    Horses, sheep & cows needed for database.
    Colin loses job... homeless & poor... may have to eat got!

Not quite horse related....

Hello, kettle? This is the pot. You're black.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nhwr:
    Big bad man with pantyhose over his face and a gun in his hand standing behind Colin, who is seated at the computer. Pointing the gun at at Colin, he says "_Read every m&^^&% f*@%^% Baby Aiden thread or I'll blow your head off_"

Poor Colin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The scary thing is that when I called a bb friend on the phone the other day, he answered "Baby Aiden Relief Fund"....... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Come on you guys, enough of the knee jerk reactions (very funny, coming from me, huh?)

Seems like there should be room for dissent, even on subjects like Aiden.

seems like you have a major masochistic streak,rotflamo

can be combined in to one topic saving space for real important horse stuff
    more hay, less grain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merlin:
    Hmmm..... last three topics started by Colin:

What in the world has happened to this BB?
    Horses, sheep & cows needed for database.
    Colin loses job... homeless & poor... may have to eat got!

Not quite horse related....

Hello, kettle? This is the pot. You're black.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merlin.....are you there? All three of those topics are OBVIOUSLY Horse related. Concern for the BB - request for HORSE pictures. Losing job/how to feed horses......Maybe I should have started a relief fund for Felix the goat instead. Would that have gone over better with you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What also happened to this board in the last few months as well was that we didn't have to read your endless Let's Drool Over Sea Urchin threads, etc. If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em.

God, if you don't like it then don't come here.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

But I don't see in any way how this BB has changed? Is it the loss of useless threads that end up getting closed that basically revolve around a specific group of people? Or maybe the fact that we have all shown we have souls and opened our hearts to little Aiden. If anything this BB has gotten better! It has changed the way I view a lot of things. I'm honestly not seeing all the non-horsey threads either. Umm.. Willem, he's a horse, therefore all of his posts are horse related. If you don't like all the helmet threads, here's a thought, don't read them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry the BB no longer matriculates around you and yours, but fortunately, there are about 5,500 other satisfied members. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--------------------
    Britney L. Pelletier
    ~*Rush Hour*~
    *Children's Jumper Clique*Thoroughbred Clique*NH Clique*

*Britney*
    ~Rush Hour~

**Proud owner of a spunky Alydar grandson**

wow. You're permitted to dissent. Even on opinions like Aiden. But I'd hope that you'd have more tact then to dissent in the way you've done here. That's about the most insensitive statement I've ever seen on this board. And that says a lot. happy thanksgiving.

Half of Riding is 30% mental ... no wonder there are so many bad riders [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I hope that there's room for everyone's opinion...

And that's all I'm going to say about that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

New York Horse Rescue

I completely agree, and have discussed many of your points, privately, with people I consider friends. Wasn't brave enough to post anything, but can't let this thread go by without showing support for your opinions before this gets liggity-locked.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    EDDIE WOULD GO

OK Colin. You've expressed your opinion.

You've also been told that these things you've complained about are not going to be changed to suit you, or anyone else who doesn't like them, just as we didn't change the boards to suit those many people who complained and continue to complain about the countless threads consisting of inside jokes and cliquish comments that you and a select group of your acquaintances participate in.

Just like everybody else, you have two choices: Stay because you enjoy it enough to make it worthwhile to deal with those aspects you don't like, or leave.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

This is soooo ridiculous it can't possibly be serious.