The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeb:

I'll play too, since, regretably, I'm missing tonight's gathering at the Sharks' Club.

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome):

The "Let's Meet" thread that resulted in the Melee at Mosby's. I really enjoyed meeting so many of the lunatics in person.

Most Humorous Thread:

Favorite Trainer Sayings

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here):

Towerheads, Towerheads, and Towerheads

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread):

Chain Nosebands. Deleted but beloved.

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities):

I have to nominate Colin. From the descent into maelstrom w/chain nosebands to the heights of the Middleburg fundraiser - she's done the full spectrum. Naturally, I'm looking forward to another rapid descent in 2001.

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.):

Wow. This has to include several folks:
    Jane Ervin
    Snowbird
    Portia
    Kennett Square
    ETBW
    Kryswyn
    Duffy
    Elghund (!!!)
    DMK
    and a very helpful BB'er who must remain nameless on this thread. She's provided me so much helpful info via "real name" email, that I can't recall her user name!

Best Motivational Member:

Duffy. For periodically reminding us that we all have at least one wonderful, unifying thing in common.

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!):

Colin. I love being annoyed by Colin.

Most Humorous Member:

Very tough. I gotta go with ETBW and Kryswyn. Honorable mention to KC - only b/c she doesn't post enough! In the category of inane humor; Moesha and Kennett Square.

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego:

Bending Line

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!):

Duffy. The best part was finding out that we'd already met!

Best BB Duo:

Jair and Jeb

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member):

DevilDog

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation):

RagsRules - when clad only in his new deerskin harness.

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything:

Thongs

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along):

Thankyou card for Erin. Awwwwwww

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail:

Kennett Square. She's dated all the cops.

Member most likely to call you from jail:

Kennett Square. They didn't all like her.

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count):

Kryswyn

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!):

RagsRules

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there):

Bullriding in MSG

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!)

I feel that I've been sitting at the feet of the masters all year. My heartfelt thanks to all of you for responding to my many beginner's questions with such patience, encouragement, intelligence, and understanding.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Inverness (edited 12-01-2000).]

I can't wait to develop enough of a reputation on this board that I'm worth mentioning, lol. But hey, I just arrived and I behave myself, so there's not much to say. Well if the Chronicle board sticks around, then maybe someday! Or perhaps I should get an alter ego?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ErinB:
    I can't wait to develop enough of a reputation on this board that I'm worth mentioning, lol. But hey, I just arrived and I behave myself, so there's not much to say. Well if the Chronicle board sticks around, then maybe someday! Or perhaps I should get an alter ego?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just thinking that Erin - geez guys what do I have to do to get famous (or infamous) around here......is Becca really the only junior you love <G>? What about me, ErinB, and the rest of the gang who sit on the porch steps and steal the cidar from time to time? Huh? huh?

feeling *very* unloved....

Sarah
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

Funniest Threads -

Mispronounced/Unpronounceable Show Names

Laughing in the Face of Death

Horse Show Moms

Regalmeans, Erinb, Becca and I know there are a few others so you'll have to excuse me - I am constantly impressed by your maturity and intelligence. I think this is a wonderful forum in which to get comfortable with yourself. Keep it up, the board wouldn't be the same without you.

Heidi, thank you for the nomination, I am touched that someone actually heard me. LOL.
    And God took a handful of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it, and
    created the horse.\" Bedouin legend

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Regalmeans:
    I was just thinking that Erin - geez guys what do I have to do to get famous (or infamous) around here......is Becca really the only junior you love <G>? What about me, ErinB, and the rest of the gang who sit on the porch steps and steal the cidar from time to time? Huh? huh?

Sarah
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SARRY!!!!!!! I love you!!!

I'm just infamous! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And suck up the most. and Talk the LOUDEST!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Becca:
    SARRY!!!!!!! I love you!!!

I'm just infamous! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And suck up the most. and Talk the LOUDEST!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL BECCA! I feel loved now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I bow before the master and take the advice - suck up and self promote - its the way to the top, huh?
    Sarah ( & Regal)

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heidi:

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!):
    -Canter, LCR Scott, and MAZ (in previous life);
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww, I love ya too "Real Mom".....but "in previous life"....Am I dead?

P.S. When are you coming? The red carpet is rolled out and the Emmy for Most Sophisticated Humour is awaiting!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RagsRules:

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): DarkerHorse

[This message has been edited by RagsRules (edited 11-30-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha i hope you are kidding haha no offense to mr. richard or anything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Rocky Pony Rider (edited 11-30-2000).]
    Mollae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moesha:
    Someone who makes bigoted statements about others really has no place calling anyone immature.

Secondly, how do you know how old I am? So please don't make any wrong assumptions. In fact don't refer to me at all on this BB. I'll leave you alone and please stay away from me.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you know how ol dhe is? leave him alone already! if you stop provoking him i am sure he will stop.
    Mollae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Regalmeans:

Sarah
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha it's okay if yall don't like me...i understand..i have to go back to my hol ein the wall and continue crying...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Mollae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LCR Scott:
    Regalmeans, Erinb, Becca and I know there are a few others so you'll have to excuse me - I am constantly impressed by your maturity and intelligence. I think this is a wonderful forum in which to get comfortable with yourself. Keep it up, the board wouldn't be the same without you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha i guess that's why i am left off of all you lists! lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] i get it now~
    Mollae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rocky Pony Rider:
    haha it's okay if yall don't like me...i understand..i have to go back to my hol ein the wall and continue crying...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Rockyponyrider any one who says nice things about my horse (re photo thread) is okay by me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I officially add you to my list of 'cool people ignored by this survey'...anyone else want to join? LOL
    Sarah ( & Regal)

Hey Rockyponyrider any one who says nice things about my horse (re photo thread) is okay by me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I officially add you to my list of 'cool people ignored by this survey'...anyone else want to join? LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha thanks!
    Mollae

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZ:
    Awww, I love ya too "Real Mom".....but "in previous life"....Am I dead?

P.S. When are you coming? The red carpet is rolled out and the Emmy for Most Sophisticated Humour is awaiting!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Biblically speaking, BBB (Before Bulletin Board), I knew you whence MAZ; only to re-encounter you here, which biblically speaking would redefine our relationship as ABB (after BB).

Sweetness, they don't give out a Sophisticated Humour award at the Emmys - we're talking American television here.

Oddly enough, it seems I have become very popular over the holidays and our travel plans have been derailed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]. I will assume you are venturing north of the border for the holidays, though, and let's just say, you'd better call or email me - there's a follically challenged mogul waiting with bated breath for your arrival.

Awwwww..... we're all bonding here....isn't it great?
    Sarah ( & Regal)

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

Heidi

Please remit in cash or check (or in your case cheque):

$150.00 for one new keyboard

Damage caused by Diet Coke forcibly ejected from users mouth in reaction to last post appears to be irreparable.

Payment may also be remitted in the form of one successful introduction to suitable follicly challenged individual. Definition of success to be determined, shall not include dimpled chad.

I am sooooooo $(@#*&$)(!*)$#*^%(*!&#*@&)!$ PO'd!!!! (I'll bet some of you never thought that kind of language would come out of my keyboard!!!) I labored over my reply to all of the categories and it DIED at 38% transfer. . .sob. . .sob. . .sniff

Talk about a missed Kumbaya moment!!! GRRRRRR [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Oh well. Maybe some day, I'll tackle it yet again. For now, let me say a gracious thank you for my mentions!

Also, as far as sappy. . . (Ya'll really didn't think you were going to totally escape this, did you??) I hope you guys know how special you are to me. I truly would probably not have gotten through this past year from hell without you and this BB. Thank goodness for the humourous threads along with the serious ones. And thank goodness for horses. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Duffy (edited 11-30-2000).]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Awwwwww, and I have to go to bed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] . I cannot wait to have at this thread at work tomorrow!

Thanks for all the kind remarks, everyone! I'm so touched that so many of you think I'm humorous, I really don't know what to say. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] You guys have made my day!

Slightly off topic (for which the Anti Humour Brigade will probably flame me) but, what on earth does Kumbaya mean. Is it a Simba Lion King thing? Or was that more along the lines of Akunamata...."it means no worries, for the rest of your life da da da" Losing it now. Sorry for the off topic post but it was late.