The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Portia:

Ever since I posted my version, I've been thinking of people who certainly deserve to be mentioned and kicking myself for forgetting them. Then I realized how many people that would end up being . . . I guess that's why those people who win awards stand up there babbling and saying, "I want to thank...." everybody and their mother. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Portia (edited 12-01-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Portia, for pointing out the principal difficulty in participating in this little survey.

As all of you who have tackled Jeb's mandatory assignment have undoubtedly discovered, it is damn near impossible to decide on "the best" when the entire pool of candidates represent the cream of the crop.

Being pressed for time, I tended to name those folks with whom I've had the most recent contact. If I were to really take this assignment seriously, it would take me the balance of this year and most of 2001 to go back and review the insightful and inane, the helpful and hilarious, the critical and the criminal, and the facetious and fashionable.

Suffice it to say, the year has been a hoot. I'm looking forward to sharing a thought-provoking (and, at times, infuriating) 2001 with all of you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kelsy:
    Best Motivational Member: Hm... VTRider
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am honored...I try...Bless you sweet child!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Regalmeans:
    -
    Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Let's Meet
    ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yay! I never thought my topic would last THE ENTIRE YEAR! I started that way back in February (I think...) because I didn't know anybody and it kept getting updated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] You guys are awesome. Hehe I have become mainly a lurker since then however...Do you guys remember the **old** BB from like 2 years ago, when there were 500 people on it and other things? It was so small...tight...different. sniff, I miss it!

One of those city that are big towns, real big!,San Antonio TX

Warning Im typeing with one hand, Tired and heavely sedated from exhaustion. Too tired to do spell check so someone please correct it if you must(hint hint Weatherfod)

Ok I know I have been out of touch for the past fue weeks but reagelmeans told m about this thread and I sat there and read it and just the number of times I saw my name up there brought this big grin to my face. Its been a crazy month and I wish I had more time to do things but I wanted to say my little tib before putting this to reast this thread. Im to tired to realy think at the momen but I want to give my best list in m own words to the people who have touched me in so many ways.

Weatherford what can I say you are one of the deaest people to me. you ae a friend and a mentour to me and somehow manage to keep me calm when the wold seams to crazy and things are too much you are just as grate in person as you are here on the boards.

Snowbird you always have these words and wise wisdome to share You can make some of the most horable times seam so alive and poetic. You have become one of the easiet people for me to talk to and get the truth even if it slaps me in the face. Usualy when
    that hapens I need it.

Majical I half to add you cause you have brought so much meaning to my life. you are this wonderfull woman that is slowly opening these magnificent doors to a bigger life. you have brought smiles and tears to my eyes cause you have helped me in so many ways as I have done the same for you. Who would have known that you were truly that magnificent if it wasn't for you being yourself to me.

Laura what can i say you are one of the most kind hearted people I know. Yes one of these days I will get the film done but thats on hold till I get a fue more tings dealt with. You have listend to me talk and have sat there helping me accomplish the imposible. Thanks sis for being so great.

Pwynn you are alway there makeingme wishfor the better. I think you and i make a good team when we put our heads together. you are so magnificent and have so much to offer. I wish more could experience your kind nature.

Portia if it wasn't for you I would have never came here and would never have experienced this world. It truly is you thatwe all need to thank cause you are what brought me here. Just remember that all of what i have done and said could not have been without you. Thanks.

Devildog what can I say. hey those breeches were a steel wern't they. I just half to rubb it in. Although you hae your militent side you are one of the most laid back and careing people I know. Or mabey its just I mellowed out with an E9 mother and a O6 father growing up. But this person everyone is one of the most inteligent and funest person to have a talk about anything and fo I finding someone who can actualy know more than me on things gets skairy. I hope your futre marage is wondefull. You deserve only the best

Amanda ( I only know you as Tex in my heart) to think of all of those funny talks we have ha in the past. Sometimes what you half to tell me is worth the gosip in gold. Hope charlie brings you so much joy cause you deserve it. He has come along way and you two always seam to amaze me when I get the newest set of pick to see which reminds me time for updates.

Pasificsolo I think you know what I think of you. Shuch a friend and always there to help me pick my head up when I needed it. threw the hard times this past september you gave me curage to hang in.

Olmos Heaven Everyone this is the funny one of them all as fare as proximity stories. I have classes 5 minuiets from where she works and somehow nither of us manage to have enough time to meet for lunch. I promise next year. But You ae one of the best people to talk to when I need the local edge Not to mention you helped me so many times I kow that this lunch when we do see each other will half to be on me. Actualy there is not enough money to repay you for what you have done for me. you are a good friend when I need someone to vent to when concerning local issues. Thanks Babe.

Reaglemeans...... Sarah you are such a survivor. If only everyo one could have read all of those emails you sent me. You and majical are my gratest achievement in life and to be able to stand up and say that my achievemet is not superficial but just talking about hings in life is the gratest gift I have ever been given. I have truly been blessed to know you and in time I wish to have the chanct to meet this butifull young lady I have heard so much about at the same time seen grow into this powerfull selfconfadent person. the truly majical part is sarah is reading your posts before ever knowing me and since you have known me. you are no longer afraid nomater how hard it is to speak up and say what you want. That in itself is a virtue and Im sure Majical can tell you how many times i have drilled that line into her head.

Hidi you make me laugh and smile and make things so special. Its the little things in the past you have done for me that means so much.

Collin well when I need to rollover and laugh you suply it in full force. So whens the next good deed for the year. I half to admit the chain noseband one was quite smooth.

JO in due time you will become as special to me as you see how special these people are to me

Louise you are THE BEST! always makeing things alittle better as the days go on. I hope for you that all that wondress guidence will bestowed on the genreations ahead of us that will wish to have know someone like you.

Erin you are the best person helping me reach goals and levals of confadence that only a ya ago I never knew I had in me.

Ok Im about to pass outzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    \"I\'m going to go see a horse about a man\" - Unknown

CTT - *hugs* I'm glad you read this, and thank you again for everything....
    Sarah
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

One of those city that are big towns, real big!,San Antonio TX

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"I\'m going to go see a horse about a man\" - Unknown